How To Create Screenshots - Five Easy Steps!

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
Mari0Maker

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 22:57

Image Making a mappack for Mari0, a puzzle for Ortho Robot, or making your own game, and don't know how to create, upload, and post screenshots? Then this is the thread for you! This method is compatible on all PCs: Windows, Mac, and Linux.

Other methods of taking screenshots

Step 1
First, open the game you would like to take a screenshot of.
After that, find something in the game you want to take a screenshot of, such as the title screen, a level, or something different.

Step 2
Once you've found something to take a screenshot of, find the PrntScrn button on your keyboard. It is typically somewhere in the top right of your keyboard.
Image Image
Special thanks to MyCytosine for images
For Windows, if you want to capture the open window, then press PrntScrn+ALT. If you want to capture the entire screen, just press PrntScrn by itself.
If you're on a Mac, then the best way to take a screenshot is with Command+Shift+4 and hit Spacebar.
On a Mac, the image will actually be saved to your desktop, and you wont have to paste it into a photo editor. Thanks to Dav999 for pointing this out.
You can see other methods of taking a screenshot on a Mac here. http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-in-Mac-OS-X

Step 3
After you have taken your screenshot, you'll need to paste the screenshot into a photo editor, such as MS Paint, GIMP, Paint.Net, etc. Once you've done that, you can edit the screenshot from there if you'd like to.
When you're finished, just save the image, preferably as a .PNG file, which doesn't lose quality unlike .jpg and .jpeg files.

If you don't want to edit the image, and just want to upload the image very quickly, Imgur allows uploading from the clipboard (what you've just copied). Just press the upload button on the site, and press CTRL+V on your keyboard. I don't know if this is possible on a Mac, however.

Step 4

Now that you have the image of your screenshot, you will need to upload it to a file sharing site, such as the following:
Imgur
Dropbox
Mediafire
Photobucket
*Insert more sites here*

After you have upload the file, copy the IMG code. Most photo sharing sites like Imgur and Photobucket will display it after you've upload the image.
It should look something like this:

Code: Select all

http://i.imgur.com/image-name-code-here.png
You will need to copy that address to post your screenshot.

Step 5
Now that you have uploaded your screenshot, you are ready to post it.
Just paste the image URL that you copied, and then highlight it, and press the "Img" button above your post creator/editor. It looks like this: Image
Now just press Submit, and you've done it! You have successfully posted a screenshot to the Stabyourself.net Forums!

Other methods of taking screenshots
There is a app for everything they say, and so that of course means that there are other methods for taking screenshots. Here are a few.

Puush
This is a program that allows you to upload images right from your desktop! It is compatible with Windows and Mac.
Special thanks to Jorichi for recommending this.

If you have any problems with this, feel free to PM me or post a reply here.
I hope this helped!
Last edited by Mari0Maker on 27 Jan 2014, 21:26, edited 7 times in total.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 22:58

imgur allows clipboard uploading.

Jorichi

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 23:00

Might I add:
http://puush.me/ Great for very quick uploading of windows, specific areas or entire screens.

Mari0Maker

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 23:00

Maurice wrote:imgur allows clipboard uploading.
Thanks for telling me that! Will update the main post right away.

EDIT:
Jorichi wrote:Might I add:
http://puush.me/ Great for very quick uploading of windows, specific areas or entire screens.
I actually knew about that, didn't think of adding it though. Thanks!

Qwerbey

Post » 23 Oct 2013, 04:11

Does anyone know how to take screenshots on an iPad?

Mari0Maker

Post » 23 Oct 2013, 05:06

QwertymanO07 wrote:Does anyone know how to take screenshots on an iPad?
Here ya go.
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-With-an-iPad

Dav999

Post » 23 Oct 2013, 10:29

Just saying that step 3 doesn't apply to Macs, because the keyboard combinations make the screenshot get saved to the desktop as a file, instead of to the clipboard.

Mari0Maker

Post » 23 Oct 2013, 13:15

Dav999 wrote:Just saying that step 3 doesn't apply to Macs, because the keyboard combinations make the screenshot get saved to the desktop as a file, instead of to the clipboard.
Okay, thanks! I'll update the post when I'm off my Wii U. :P
EDIT: Done!