How do I install your games?
You don't. Just extract all the files into a folder of your choosing and run the executable.
How do I run source (*.love) files?
First download Love2D, then drag and drop the .love file into the executable. If you used an installer, you should be able to just launch .love files.
What are the minimum requirements for various games?
They should all run fairly well as long as the computer you use isn't over 6 years old and wasn't completely terrible back then either. Though there are some limitations.
OSX: Version 10.5 or newer is required.
Intel GMA/integrated/old graphics card: These might cause some problems due to not all textures being sized in powers of 2. More info on Löve wiki
Where are the save files/high scores/stuff located?
Location differs based on the operating system. Programs using newer versions of löve may use a directory outside of "love" directory (a level higher)
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Love\ or %appdata%\Love\
- Windows Vista and 7: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\LOVE or %appdata%\Love\
- Linux: $XDG_DATA_HOME/love/ or ~/.local/share/love/
- OSX: /Users/user/Library/Application Support/LOVE/
First, we'll need a detailed description of what the problem is - does the game crash? If it crashes, is there any error messages? Be sure to include that information in your topic.
Another just as important piece of information is your hardware configuration and operating system version. An easy way to find that out is to install Speccy (Windows): http://www.piriform.com/speccy
Run the program, then let the main screen load completely. When done, go to File>Save as text file. Once you've saved that, open the saved text file and copy everything under "Summary". The copied data should look something like this:
Additional things you can do:
Code: Select all
Summary Operating System MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1 CPU Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00GHz 29 °C Wolfdale 45nm Technology RAM 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (5-5-5-18) Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5KC (LGA775) 33 °C Graphics SA300/SA350 (1920x1080@60Hz) ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (Sapphire/PCPartner) 68 °C Hard Drives 161GB Hitachi HDS722516VLAT80 ATA Device (PATA) 28 °C 977GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00L5B1 ATA Device (SATA) 25 °C 293GB Western Digital WDC WD3000HLFS-01G6U1 ATA Device (SATA) 26 °C Optical Drives AlViDrv BDDVDROM SCSI CdRom Device Optiarc DVD RW AD-7203S ATA Device Audio SB Audigy
- Check if the error occurs in any of our other games as well. This won't take long and will help narrow down the problem.
- Run operating system update. Especially if you have Windows XP.
- Update graphics drivers. If you have a laptop, you might need to download from the manufacturer's website. Most used: Intel, AMD/ATI, Nvidia
- Get a screenshot of the problem. Assuming it's possible to take a screenshot of it.
List of intel graphical support capabilites by model (OpenGL 2 required)