Random Facts

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
ThePRIMEMaster
Posts: 28
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:25

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 20:44

This thread is basically for people who know anything random but cool. So, if you'd like, post something. I'll start:

111,111,111 * 111,111,111 = 12345678987654321
Not that cool, but whatever, just wanted to start something new.

thunderfapper
Posts: 566
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 06:35

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 20:52

zombies cannot rise from graves

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 21:03

depending on their definition of a sense, scientists count between 9 and more than 20 senses. Wikipedia
Adding over the obvious 5, you can count senses like equilibrium (inner ear), relative temperature, etc.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 21:13

Did you know that people thought that the stereo-type of santa clause was green!!!

User avatar
Pyrosaur
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 21:21

Dolphins kill more people annually than sharks and influenza combined. Also, more people are killed by falling vending machines than sharks.

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 21:31

rokit boy wrote:Did you know that people thought that the stereo-type of santa clause was green!!!
Do you mean that was the common colours he was represented in before coca-cola made him red ?

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 22:00

trosh wrote:
rokit boy wrote:Did you know that people thought that the stereo-type of santa clause was green!!!
Do you mean that was the common colours he was represented in before coca-cola made him red ?
I mean that before coca cola was made, they still pictured that he is a fat, white beardy, old man but they pictured him green.

User avatar
PvtVain
Posts: 123
Joined: 04 Mar 2012, 10:36

Post » 10 Mar 2012, 23:22

Back in the old days, Coco-Cola was made with cocaine. That's why it was addicting back then >w>

User avatar
jasonw749
Posts: 199
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 21:20

Post » 11 Mar 2012, 04:26

i love this topic.

and my interesting fact is http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l71ov ... o1_500.jpg

User avatar
Lawnboy
Posts: 836
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 02:24

Post » 11 Mar 2012, 05:17


TiagoTiago
Posts: 101
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 07:44

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 02:26

Termite farts are a significant contributor to the greenhouse effect

User avatar
ThePRIMEMaster
Posts: 28
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:25

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 03:36

jasonw749 wrote:i love this topic.
Image

And: Did you know that in a traditional deck of cards, the only king without a mustache is the king of hearts?
http://edhird.files.wordpress.com/2012/ ... earts4.png

User avatar
Pyrosaur
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 03:44

ThePRIMEMaster wrote:
jasonw749 wrote:i love this topic.
Image

And: Did you know that in a traditional deck of cards, the only king without a mustache is the king of hearts?
http://edhird.files.wordpress.com/2012/ ... earts4.png
Either that, or what looks like his upper lip is actually his mustache, and the line below it is his real mouth.

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 10:01

this random facts thread will never help anyone in any way shape or form.

User avatar
Raicuparta
Posts: 535
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:07

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 10:22

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:this random facts thread will never help anyone in any way shape or form.
Actually, this is going to my favorites, what if I am in a hot date and run out of things to say?

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 14:54

Raicuparta wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:this random facts thread will never help anyone in any way shape or form.
Actually, this is going to my favorites, what if I am in a hot date and run out of things to say?
which still won't help you with the date in any way shape or form.

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 15:11

"did you know 111,111,111*111-HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING"

User avatar
Jorichi
Moderator
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 16:17

Did you know that everything has a value of four?

For example: Banana
Banana has six letters.
six has three letters.
three has five letters.
five has four letters.
Four has four letters. You'll keep getting stuck in this loop of the word four, thus it is four.

Another example: Exacerbation
Exacerbation has twelve letters.
Twelve has six letters. (guess where this is heading).

The reason why this is like this is because the number four is the only number with the same amount of letters in it as the value of it.
This also works in dutch (dutch word for four is 'vier'). I don't know what number(s) it would be for other languages though... Would be fun if this works for more languages.

I found this out when I got really, really, really bored during class when we were discussing binary stuff >.<

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 16:47

Jorichi wrote:Did you know that everything has a value of four?

For example: Banana
Banana has six letters.
six has three letters.
three has five letters.
five has four letters.
Four has four letters. You'll keep getting stuck in this loop of the word four, thus it is four.

Another example: Exacerbation
Exacerbation has twelve letters.
Twelve has six letters. (guess where this is heading).

The reason why this is like this is because the number four is the only number with the same amount of letters in it as the value of it.
This also works in dutch (dutch word for four is 'vier'). I don't know what number(s) it would be for other languages though... Would be fun if this works for more languages.

I found this out when I got really, really, really bored during class when we were discussing binary stuff >.<
4 in polish is cztery
cztery has five letters
five has four letters
four has four letters.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 19:59

rokit boy wrote:cztery has five letters
Okay then.

User avatar
Hatninja
Posts: 479
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:42

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 21:06

stabyourself has twelve letters
twelve has six letters
six has three letters
three has five letters
five has four letters
...
jorichi has seven letters
seven has five letters
five has four letters

dang...

dang has four letters...

User avatar
Raicuparta
Posts: 535
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:07

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 21:14

That is so interesting, you should create a separate thread for it.

Oh.

User avatar
ThePRIMEMaster
Posts: 28
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 05:25

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 21:58

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:this random facts thread will never help anyone in any way shape or form.
I'm pretty sure at least 96% of this website isn't going to help in any way shape or form.

User avatar
jasonw749
Posts: 199
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 21:20

Post » 12 Mar 2012, 22:00

it helps me by giving me a laugh every now and again

User avatar
penguin321
Posts: 165
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 23:01

Post » 13 Mar 2012, 23:31

Did you know that they have released religion free dvd players in china?
Image

TiagoTiago
Posts: 101
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 07:44

Post » 13 Mar 2012, 23:52

An atheist DVD player? xD

User avatar
Enderborn
Posts: 81
Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 01:10

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:05

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
Pearls melt in vinegar.
In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
Donald Duck's middle name is Fauntleroy.
No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."

and


It was discovered on a space mission that a frog can throw up. The frog throws up it's stomach first, so the stomach is dangling out of it's mouth. Then the frog uses it's forearms to dig out all of the stomach's contents and then swallows the stomach back down again.

User avatar
Zlmpery
Posts: 339
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 19:12

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:10

Enderborn wrote:In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
Incorrect! Myth debunked: Superman is not referenced in every Seinfeld episode!

Although I believe the others are actual facts.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:12

Enderborn wrote:No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."
(n+1)th

Maths disagrees.

User avatar
Enderborn
Posts: 81
Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 01:10

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:13

Zlmpery wrote:
Enderborn wrote:In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.
Incorrect! Myth debunked: Superman is not referenced in every Seinfeld episode!

Although I believe the others are actual facts.
Anti-fact chicken.

EDIT: "Maybe the reference to Superman is the fact that Superman isn't there!" -Guest.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:16

Camewel wrote:
Enderborn wrote:No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."
(n+1)th

Maths disagrees.
Triumph

User avatar
Enderborn
Posts: 81
Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 01:10

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:18

rokit boy wrote:
Camewel wrote:
Enderborn wrote:No word in the English language rhymes with "MONTH."
(n+1)th

Maths disagrees.
Triumph
I am making a note here...

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:19

Enderborn wrote:
rokit boy wrote:
Camewel wrote: (n+1)th

Maths disagrees.
Triumph
I am making a note here...
Huge succes...

User avatar
Enderborn
Posts: 81
Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 01:10

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 01:27

rokit boy wrote:
Enderborn wrote:
rokit boy wrote:
Triumph
I am making a note here...
Huge succes...
Image

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 11:39

Enderborn wrote:
rokit boy wrote:
Enderborn wrote: I am making a note here...
Huge succes...
Image
Image

User avatar
LightningFire
Posts: 1829
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 13:50

As a wise man once said: "Remember to eat your daily carrots and to hug at least 19 kittens per day"

User avatar
Zlmpery
Posts: 339
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 19:12

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 16:28

Sandwiches taste better when someone makes them for you!

I was flabbergasted, confuzzled, and bewildered.

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 16:31

Zlmpery wrote:Sandwiches taste better when someone makes them for you!

I was flabbergasted, confuzzled, and bewildered.
that explains the sexist sammich joke...

User avatar
LightningFire
Posts: 1829
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 19:46

Did you know that you can hear your robot voice if you talk in front of a fan?

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 19:59

LightningFire wrote:Did you know that you can hear your robot voice if you talk in front of a fan?
Really? I'll check.
OMG IT WORKS!

User avatar
LightningFire
Posts: 1829
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 20:15

Did you know the tip of your shoelace is called aglet?

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 20:20

LightningFire wrote:Did you know the tip of your shoelace is called aglet?
Phineas and Ferb?

User avatar
LightningFire
Posts: 1829
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 05 Apr 2012, 20:22

rokit boy wrote:
LightningFire wrote:Did you know the tip of your shoelace is called aglet?
Phineas and Ferb?
Eeyup.

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 13 Jun 2012, 10:37

this thread was dead until you bumped it (thanks for that I liked this thread)

also this guy's king of the facts :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iAUwamHTM4

User avatar
samkostka
Posts: 289
Joined: 17 Feb 2012, 04:42

Post » 13 Jun 2012, 15:47

Komodo dragons can reproduce asexually

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 13 Jun 2012, 15:52

most people don't know that there's a search button for questions.

User avatar
JohnnyM21
Posts: 147
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 13:26

Post » 19 Jun 2012, 09:30

Image
Image

User avatar
Jorichi
Moderator
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 19 Jun 2012, 16:36

More then ten people a year a killed by vending machines.
Hippo milk is pink.
Penguin poop can be seen from space.
FunFactz

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 19 Jun 2012, 18:36

Image
Image
Image
Image -- checked myself via audacity.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4396
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 19 Jun 2012, 19:40

No, I
DID NOT KNOW
GAMING!

(except the one about the chain dog)