Chat "Room" v2

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
copy
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 16:29

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 00:10

It makes sense if you look at it from a different angle, a wise man once said.
SO, if you break it down mathematically, logically, turn it into hex, binary and ring it back to text, run it through 8 different translations and then unscrable it, it comes out to something like this:
"neo rehddna dna xiiep dtusr lol onpit nbsasfea rifzmeuo ufor oitowh senetvveen ovefli I tdon neve desrnnaudt ahlffo meiehtt lol"

It might need to be ran through google translate a bit more, but this is as far as I've gotten.

Wilo
Posts: 944
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 00:22

jw is probably the child of the missing link or he's a whiny pest.
fair game here 50-50 vote

User avatar
Automatik
Posts: 1073
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 14:43

Camewel wrote:I like something! Therefore, everyone else must like it!!

...nope no logical holes in this argument
I'm not saying EVERYONE will like it. But I think it'll be useful for most.(Like a web browser or something) Those who don't like it can uninstall it of course.

User avatar
Trist3D
Posts: 635
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 15:16

I googled Redshift and I suddenly want that program.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 15:34

Automatik wrote:
Camewel wrote:I like something! Therefore, everyone else must like it!!

...nope no logical holes in this argument
I'm not saying EVERYONE will like it. But I think it'll be useful for most.(Like a web browser or something) Those who don't like it can uninstall it of course.
there's this other great system where people who want a thing can go and get the thing themselves
I think we should use this system it'll be good

besides, most people don't want their screen going some disgusting yellow colour

User avatar
Sky
Posts: 1247
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 15:39

Camewel wrote:
Automatik wrote:
Camewel wrote:I like something! Therefore, everyone else must like it!!

...nope no logical holes in this argument
I'm not saying EVERYONE will like it. But I think it'll be useful for most.(Like a web browser or something) Those who don't like it can uninstall it of course.
there's this other great system where people who want a thing can go and get the thing themselves
I think we should use this system it'll be good

besides, most people don't want their screen going some disgusting yellow colour
Most people don't like Internet Explorer. Two can play at this game!

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 21:14

you need internet explorer because other programs depend on the functionality it offers
also it's microsoft's own internet explorer and they need to put at least one internet explorer on there or you can't get to the internet
your arguments are dumb

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4412
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:30

Nuh-uh! You can put Firefox on a usb and put it on the new computer! Ha! Take that you dumb camel! (jk this is all sarcasm and I agree with camewel)

User avatar
jwright159
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:33

Hans1998 wrote:
jwright159 wrote:Thx I like idiots ;D
Also, you're STILL an idiot and you have to be ashamed.
In your dreams :D
Edit:
B-Man99 wrote:JW just so you know I have never actually been able to comprehend one of your posts
I cannot for the life of me understand anything you say
Like ever
What does that even
Use this.

User avatar
Doormat
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2013, 02:33

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:36

please jw

leave the internet

now

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:36

You're smart in you dreams.
You're a idiot in real life.
Please, we don't want another turtley.

User avatar
jwright159
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:38

Flutter Skye wrote:Please, we don't want another turtley.
What does that mean?

User avatar
Doormat
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2013, 02:33

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:39

jwright159 wrote:
Flutter Skye wrote:Please, we don't want another turtley.
What does that mean?
it means

we dont want morons on the internet

or anywhere

User avatar
HansAgain
Posts: 1108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:39

Doormat, Flutter, there is a little button in a corner that could help you.

Also, since i saw some upcoming SNES styled mappack, i decided to try making a SNES styled tileset of Mad Science:
Image
Any opinion? Should i change the background tiles? Does the little black tiles that looks like chocolate bars?

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:41

Good job! I don't see anything wrong.

User avatar
jwright159
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:41

[quote="Hans1998"]Doormat, Flutter, there is a little button in a corner that could help you.[quote]
Which one? The "go to top" button?

User avatar
HansAgain
Posts: 1108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:42

jwright159 wrote:
Hans1998 wrote:Doormat, Flutter, there is a little button in a corner that could help you.
Which one? The "go to top" button?
Hohooo! I don't want you to know. Bye bye...

Also, thanks Flutter Skye, i'm using the supposed SNES pallete, the 15-bits one.

EDIT: Thanks Turret ¬¬
Last edited by HansAgain on 19 Feb 2014, 22:44, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4412
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 19 Feb 2014, 22:42

jwright159 wrote:
Hans1998 wrote:Doormat, Flutter, there is a little button in a corner that could help you.
Which one? The "go to top" button?
No, the report button. (See you in a week.)

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1441
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 20 Feb 2014, 00:41

jwright159 wrote:
Hans1998 wrote:Doormat, Flutter, there is a little button in a corner that could help you.
Which one? The "go to top" button?
I don't know what you're doing, but don't post in this thread for next 24 hours

User avatar
maidenTREE
Posts: 652
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 16:16

Post » 20 Feb 2014, 02:41

Hmmm.....might post my crappy looking first tileset on the Tileset thread thingy.

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 20 Feb 2014, 02:49

Hans1998 wrote: i'm using the supposed SNES pallete, the 15-bits one.
Out of curiosity, how are you using purely 15-bit color?
I've tried at this before, I couldn't quite find an efficient method.

User avatar
HansAgain
Posts: 1108
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51

Post » 20 Feb 2014, 02:55

imaginary cake wrote:
Hans1998 wrote: i'm using the supposed SNES pallete, the 15-bits one.
Out of curiosity, how are you using purely 15-bit color?
I've tried at this before, I couldn't quite find an efficient method.
I'm using the palette that is on wikipedia, not pretty sure if it's right:
Image

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 20 Feb 2014, 04:47

It seems as if we got different palettes from Wikipedia.

That one is much better, though

Spriting, away!

User avatar
alesan99
Posts: 2328
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 00:32

Image
what does this mean???

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 00:53

Image
I finally did it...
It only took me 7 hours to get all 3 challenge achievements.

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 01:50

Nice job Skye! :)
That must have been hard work. I haven't had the energy to go back and do another playthrough for the radio achievement, but I remember those challenge achievements were HARD (mainly the timed ones, I didn't really mind the least portals...)
alesan99 wrote:Image
what does this mean???
I'm pretty sure that means that if you post in the thread they ban you for a day.

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 02:12

alesan99 wrote:Image
what does this mean???
They're both very, very bored.
Though It'll be pretty amusing to see who's dumb enough to post in there... Or joke post in there.

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 03:21

ok posted in it

User avatar
MM102
Posts: 970
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 03:24

See you tomorrow
bye

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 03:25

later

User avatar
LightningFire
Posts: 1828
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 04:10

alesan99 wrote:Image
what does this mean???
I'm pretty sure it was to tell apart the people who would be stupid enough to post in it, knowing the consequences, from the others.
Either that or they just have a strong urge to ban someone.

User avatar
BobTheLawyer
Posts: 2232
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 04:58

I can't find Maurice's thread.
Guess I'll only be banned for one day :(

User avatar
TripleXero
Posts: 892
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 00:23

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 04:59

I considered it, I don't feel like I'm stupid for that, just curious to what it's actually for

User avatar
BobTheLawyer
Posts: 2232
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 05:00

I haven't been doing much in the forums, and to be honest, one less distraction for a day wouldn't hurt (don't want to leave you guys forever, of course ;) )

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 05:24

I'm guessing Maurice's thread was in the Beta Forum since no one else has seen it and Alesan did.
If it means anything, from the bottom of my heart I hope you (Bob and Jony) get banned for a day :)
For what it's worth you have my support, even though I didn't feel like joining the party
Heh
I considered it too, to be honest. Who wouldn't? I remembered I'm not much of a party person though.

User avatar
MM102
Posts: 970
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 05:29

I think people do it to try to call out there bluff rather than stupidity
Edit:
although calling out an admin's bluff* is pretty stupid in the first place
that is like poking a sleeping bear thinking he won't try to rip your face off
Last edited by MM102 on 21 Feb 2014, 05:35, edited 2 times in total.

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 05:32

If I had done it I definitely would have done it for what Bob said, having one less distraction for a day
Also just because it would have been fun to drink loads of Sprite and hang with Jony

User avatar
BobTheLawyer
Posts: 2232
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 05:34

For as much as I learned about Saso and Maurice, its no bluff and I know it.
A similar thing happened on the irc once. They asked who wants to get banned. I volunteered... but I got permabanned (on the irc, but it was later undone)

Also, I don't like soda so I reported Jony for being off-topic XD

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 05:54

I've been banned twice, once for making stupid comments and another time for making an alternate account to make a joke topic.
Not to complain, of course.

I shouldn't be banned though because I need to focus on costinteo's birthday and successfully running a topic.

Speaking of which, It would be nice if everyone talked about birthdays in that topic. That was the major reason why I made it in the first place.

Also: I call making Chat Room v3

Wilo
Posts: 944
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 06:11

i've never done anything wrong to be banned..
except my first topic of course..

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 06:47

WiloKing wrote:i've never done anything wrong to be banned..
except my first topic of course..
I've never dome anything wrong to be banned...
SURE DIDN'T STOP GUEGAN THOUGH HUEHUEHUE

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 07:01

imaginary cake wrote:Also: I call making Chat Room v3
Third time I can recall you saying something like this
Why do we even need a chat room v3? I rather like this one and I don't see a reason for a third one to be created
Obligatory comparison of me and Gabe is not going to happen, but still, I'd like to think no one is going to start up a ridiculous countdown again

Also, I've never been banned, but yesterday I got a forum warning for sending a spam PM when I sent a terrible PM to Skye yelling his name as a joke because he wasn't responding to my steam messages
Ah decisions He's the one that threatened to murder me in a PM once <--- I have really good friendships
Sometimes I feel like I'm going to get a warning for going off topic or in general acting stupid but my thing is that I don't really like to hold back part of my personality just because I'm on a forum, so I see the occasional shit post or really dumb thought for what it is instead of it being this absolutely shameful thing, because the occasional bad decision or silly outburst isn't something that I could just say no to in real life, and since I spend a good amount of time on here I don't really see the point in bottling up stuff like that. I don't know if the overly sarcastic, not-taking-life-seriously (telling jokes a lot), and/or occasionally using bad judgement side of me shows up in my "forum reputation" (or how you guys see me) like with the typical part of me that people see a lot, but since I have faults in life in general I don't mind if these qualities do end up influencing how you view me.

TL;DR I got a forum warning for being stupid in a joke PM but I don't really mind because I was just being myself and wouldn't have known better anyway, and while I try to be and feel like a decent forum member I occasionally do something dumb but I'm okay with that because screwing up certain things is just part of who I am
I learned my lesson with the PM thing though.

Anyways, what I was trying to get to asking:
imaginary cake wrote:making an alternate account to make a joke topic.
Was it worth it? xD
Yeah I know it probably wasn't but the stupid side of me always wants to congratulate the rare incredible alt account jokes
Especially rare because 90% of alt accounts are Wary stupid
Stupid. That's what I meant to say.
Again imaginary, the stupid side of me. I'm still glad you got banned for it, but it honestly means nothing to me as far as what I think of you, and you also clearly learned your lesson (I haven't seen an imaginary cake #2 anywhere...)

Jony, as soon as I saw sasos shameless chamber thread, somehow I knew that you would respond :D
Bob was a bit more of a surprise though

Sorry for responding about all of these different things at once, but did anything ever happen with that thread Wilo? Besides being moved to the shame chamber I mean. I don't really remember. I had to check out your post list when you said that, I honestly didn't remember that thread one bit.
BobTheLawyer wrote:Also, I don't like soda so I reported Jony for being off-topic XD
I hate soda too. Except Sprite for some reason.
You always do really gutsy things in the name of humor Paypal (like posting in sasos thread and stuff)
I think it's neat. Something actually cool as compared to just using in-jokes, references, and sarcasm to make things humorous. You're a cool guy Bob. Idk if you're a good lawyer though. Have fun being banned. It's a shame, with you being such a model citizen paypal

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 07:20

I've only ever claimed chat room v3 once.
Which was about an hour ago.

I've noted before that we may need another chat in the future; countdowns and pride and war will happen for page 100, regardless.
I think I've noted that twice, actually

The alternate account + ban didn't cost me anything (but a ban of course)
but the joke was kind of horrible.
It wasn't worth it, but it wasn't worth anything is what I was trying to say.

But yeah
Not planning on being banned again.

Also: You guys never figured out who the alt was, blaming turret and all
I'll tell you now that my birthday thread was a successor to another locked topic which I also created.

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 09:16

It's obvious you made the account "onrenhoeksfoeslist"
Who wants Dust: An Elysian Trail?

User avatar
idiot9.0
Posts: 1707
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 10:04

I would if my laptop I use for gaming didn't randomly die on me. Time to get a new PC with money I don't yet have! Whoo I hate life.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 15:05

I have a steam friend who absolutely loves that game, so yeah I'd quite like it.

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 15:09

Key send.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 15:16

Thanks!

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 15:22

No problem. :)

User avatar
MM102
Posts: 970
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08

Post » 21 Feb 2014, 15:53

imaginary cake wrote:making an alternate account to make a joke topic.
I did something like this and got a warning on my account
that scared me into never doing anything to get myself banned
...that sounded lamer than I thought it would