Underrated Games

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 23 Dec 2012, 22:03

Now their are many underrated games out there that many people feel don't get enough credit. Soooooo I made this for people to post underrated games and hopefully these games will gain more attention. So Heres one game I think that doesn't get a lot of credit: Okami This is a game made by capcom for the Wii, Ps2, and PS3, it even sparked a sequel for the ds titled okamiden! Sadly these games didn't do well in sales, but did however earn many Game of the year awards!

thunderfapper
Posts: 566
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 06:35

Post » 23 Dec 2012, 23:33

For Christmas I am getting a faux taxidermy okami head!
(Okami is my favorite game.)

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 24 Dec 2012, 05:29

Legend_of_Kirby wrote:Okami This is a game made by capcom for the Wii, Ps2, and PS3, it even sparked a sequel for the ds titled okamiden!
the funny thing is it's the one game I can't stop hearing about :P

I have an underrated game that I've mentioned hundreds of times on the forum that doesn't get the credit it deserves...

machinarium...

You all know what my favorite game of all time that I believe is underrated really is because I never stfu about it.

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4400
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 24 Dec 2012, 16:16

Magic Pengel: The Quest For Color

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 24 Dec 2012, 21:16

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
Legend_of_Kirby wrote:Okami This is a game made by capcom for the Wii, Ps2, and PS3, it even sparked a sequel for the ds titled okamiden!
the funny thing is it's the one game I can't stop hearing about :P


.
Lots of people have heard about it but the sales are what keep on holding this game back from being a well known title

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 25 Dec 2012, 03:32

A lot of Wolfire Games games.

User avatar
LightningFire
Posts: 1829
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 25 Dec 2012, 21:21

Cave Story and Golden Sun.

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 26 Dec 2012, 05:52

LightningFire wrote:Golden Sun.
fixed it for you.
(not saying cave story's bad btw.)

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 26 Dec 2012, 06:12

Yeah, I don't think cave story is underrated if it has gotten 5 re-releases on 4 different platforms

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 26 Dec 2012, 06:16

Legend_of_Kirby wrote:Yeah, I don't think cave story is underrated if it has gotten 5 re-releases on 4 different platforms
that's not a valid reason,
cave story is known for starting indie games.

User avatar
TheSeek
Posts: 486
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 06:31

Post » 26 Dec 2012, 08:06

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote: cave story is known for starting indie games.
Cave Story might be famous for being one of the first indie games that got a relative "huge" and popular recognition(and thus giving indie games a new life), but surely it isn't the one that started indie games, there was already an indie games scene before Cave Story.

On topic: back from the 90s, the Magical Drop series, especially Magical Drop 3.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 28 Dec 2012, 01:11

Some games like Magic Carpet for DOS.

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 28 Dec 2012, 05:16

Braid. Nobody bought it, everyone got the demo.

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 28 Dec 2012, 16:34

Braid? BRAID?!?! thats not underrated! Its all over the internet and it did great in sales.

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 29 Dec 2012, 06:57

Nintendo Land?

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 29 Dec 2012, 08:30

TheJonyMyster wrote:Nintendo Land?
-_-
go look up the definition of "underrated" and then come back.

as for underrated games
I'd have to say yoshi's story,
it was one of my favorite n64 games but I never owned it so I always had to borrow it from a friend, I hardly hear anyone talk about the game and for the people I do hear it from always say the game's bad because it's to easy and quick which it is not it can be very challenging at times and the levels were always HUGE, I think everyone who played it just rushed through it without a second thought and when they completed it they just stopped playing after that.

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 29 Dec 2012, 17:04

TheJonyMyster wrote:Nintendo Land?
Lets see... The Wii U deluxe came with nintendo land and its sales alone topped the ps3's and xbox's launch... Its not underrated

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 29 Dec 2012, 18:13

I know. After braid got you mad, I figured it would be funny if I said something even less underrated.
And renhoek, look up the definition of trolling.

User avatar
Automatik
Posts: 1073
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 29 Dec 2012, 18:49

Dwarf Fortress.

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 02:03

TheJonyMyster wrote:I know. After braid got you mad .
Mad? HAH! I wasn't mad! I was simply trying to get my point across with an emotion that gains attention "FAKE" Anger

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 03:44

So wait... that was For NOTHING!?? I AM GOING TO KILL YOU BY STABBING YOU IN THE Wow it really worked!

User avatar
Qcode
Posts: 1472
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 03:58

I don't believe you guys are understanding the concept of communication. The point is to express your emotions, point of views and knowledge. Using "fake" anger to gain attention is like being that guy who always tops everything you say just to make themselves feel/look better.

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 04:01

NUH UH!

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 04:57

TheJonyMyster wrote:NUH UH!
keep going everyone will love you for it.

User avatar
TheJonyMyster
Posts: 1795
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 05:12

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 05:01

Come on, wasn't it even a LITTLE funny? (No, not you Renhoek, I'm not asking YOU.)

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 05:17

Let's get back to the point of this thread: Underrated games like... Mother 3 or any earthbound games

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4400
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 05:32

Turret Opera wrote:Magic Pengel: The Quest For Color

DiamondPhoenix
Posts: 107
Joined: 04 Mar 2012, 05:35

Post » 30 Dec 2012, 22:37

Yay! Here comes a bunch of NES games!

Recca Summer Carnival '92 SEIZURE WARNING!  Notice the number of sprites on the screen! Also very hard. 
Puzznic Very good puzzle game.

Space core
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 22:07

Post » 01 Jan 2013, 15:37

Counter strike:Condition zero barely has any players online, and it's a great game.
Last edited by Space core on 02 Jan 2013, 11:50, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zephos
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 16:00

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 00:18

I think 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' is pretty decent

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 02:02

Zephos wrote:I think 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' is pretty decent
Well then you're a moron.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2143
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 02:32

Space core wrote:Counter strike:Operation zero barely has any players online, and it's a great game.
I bet you played Operation Zero a lot.
I like Worldwide Offensive more.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 02:50

Space core wrote:Counter strike:Operation zero barely has any players online, and it's a great game.
I'm pretty sure you mean Condition Zero, and there is barely any people online because the game is piss old and people play CS:S and CS:GO.

User avatar
Zephos
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 16:00

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 02:51

Camewel wrote:
Zephos wrote:I think 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' is pretty decent
Well then you're a moron.
Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. It's my favorite game next to 'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde', another underated gem which received lots of undeserved hate, I think.

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 03:56

Zephos wrote:
Camewel wrote:
Zephos wrote:I think 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' is pretty decent
Well then you're a moron.
Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. It's my favorite game next to 'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde', another underated gem which received lots of undeserved hate, I think.
Are you fucking serious? You have good confused with bad!
Last edited by Legend_of_Kirby on 02 Jan 2013, 06:10, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 05:55

at this point he may as well added a bunch of trololols or whatever... Or maybe not as L_O_K fell for his post.
EDIT: oh btw sonic 06 is soooo underrated is best game in series (seriously though I saw someone put sonic 06 in their top ten underrated games list once.)

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 05:58

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:at this point he may as well added a bunch of trololols or whatever... Or maybe not as L_O_K fell for his post.
I know he isn't being serious! I just hate how people troll and expect to get something saying " Your a fucking douchebag lier" Because it is simply troll fuel, If you give them what they want then they stop... or at least they do in TF2

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 06:05

did you just edit your post right after I pointed out he was trolling?

Space core
Posts: 21
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 22:07

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 11:49

rokit boy wrote:
Space core wrote:Counter strike:Operation zero barely has any players online, and it's a great game.
I'm pretty sure you mean Condition Zero, and there is barely any people online because the game is piss old and people play CS:S and CS:GO.
People still play Counter strike 1.6, and that's even older.

User avatar
renhoek
Posts: 4545
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 11:54

because that's the first game in the series so people are either playing it for nostalgia's sake or are interested in how it started.

User avatar
Zephos
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 16:00

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 14:45

Legend_of_Kirby wrote: Are you fucking serious? You have good confused with bad!
Excuse me, but may I ask what games you think are good? I could bet you all kinda like these childish Nintendo games like the 'Zelder' series, ESPECIALLY its highly overrated pseudo-milestone game 'Ocraina of Time' (of course the CD-I games don't count in this case, as they are in fact much better games).
-
And I could go on like this forever. I'm not gonna spam in this thread anymore. Also, your incapability (not only yours, LOK) of detecting the most simple and obvious signs of sarcasm truly scares me. You make me really wanna go stab myself. Ugh.

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 15:44

Admitting that you are spamming? Never seen that before (No that wasn't sarcasm) I hate to say this but doing this on a forum, surprises me you have gained some respect! (Still no sarcasm)

User avatar
Zephos
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 16:00

Post » 02 Jan 2013, 16:05

It started out as a mere joke and I thought y'all would get that after my second post at least, but noo :<
(also, I love Zelda, google my username and be surprised)

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 03 Jan 2013, 02:40

OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINNY PINNY PINIONS.
GET IT?

He may like a game that you don't like or maybe a game that pretty much everyone doesn't like but he likes it because it's his OPINION. OPINIONS have no right or wrong answer.

If he's lying then who cares? What are you gonna do about it? Locate his house and find his relatives to ask questions? No.

User avatar
Zephos
Posts: 8
Joined: 30 Dec 2012, 16:00

Post » 03 Jan 2013, 02:50

You don't know what you're dealing with here. Big Rigs genuinely sucks.

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 03 Jan 2013, 03:01

rokit boy wrote:OPINIONS OPINIONS OPINNY PINNY PINIONS.
GET IT?

He may like a game that you don't like or maybe a game that pretty much everyone doesn't like but he likes it because it's his OPINION. OPINIONS have no right or wrong answer.

If he's lying then who cares? What are you gonna do about it? Locate his house and find his relatives to ask questions? No.
I've been proven wrong. Rokit boy +1 IQ

User avatar
freakstorm101
Posts: 154
Joined: 20 Apr 2012, 05:21

Post » 07 Jan 2013, 02:50

SMPG ULTIMATE. (partially because of the mod)

User avatar
LightningFire
Posts: 1829
Joined: 10 Mar 2012, 17:24

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 00:27

Zephos wrote:
Camewel wrote:
Zephos wrote:I think 'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' is pretty decent
Well then you're a moron.
Well that's just, like, your opinion, man. It's my favorite game next to 'Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde', another underated gem which received lots of undeserved hate, I think.
Camewel, I'm going to have to agree with Zephos here. He's just sharing his opinion, not saying it's the game of the year :P
Also I know everyone has already cleared that out but I just wanted to throw my opinion on this.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 01:30

'Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing' is universally received as one of the worst games ever made due to having no difficulty or even many collisions. I was calling him out on trolling.

User avatar
Legend_of_Kirby
Posts: 748
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 05:37

Post » 22 Jan 2013, 02:35

He even Admitted to Trolling.