I got this idea in IRC a bit ago (fyi if you want to join it, click here). I usually think I'm too honest for my own good. So let's upkeep that reputation, no matter the consequences. Since people are generally curious of other people's opinions about them, this might be curious.
Here's the idea. You post, and I will make a reply. In the reply, I will write what I know about you, what impressions you've made as a forum member and as a person in general. Keep in mind that if you don't have an avatar or change it often, I'll likely remember less. If you're a good poster, you might end up with a disappointingly short reply. Bad impressions make a much bigger impact than good impressions and are much more memorable - It's just human nature. There's probably only a handful of members I'll write more than a single line about, but oh well.
Here's how I plan this to go:
- You make a post containing just the word "Enter.". I will not check your post or warnings history, I will just write what I know on the spot. I might update at a later time if I remember something or happen to check your warnings and ban history, but I'll keep that separate.
- At the same time, I invite you to write an opinion and impressions about me. But to prevent bias from my side, write it in text of size one. I won't quote the posts so I won't read them until I write my part. Feel free to make the text normal size after I post.
Basically that means the post should be made like this:
Code: Select all
Enter. [size=1]Opinion, opinion, opinion.[/size]
- Don't post on other people's behalf.
- Most rules do not apply in this thread, but please keep away from name calling, since that's just infantile and will lower everyone's opinion about you. Also, do not report posts in this thread.
- If you would like to discuss the opinions of others or your own, do it in IRC (link up there).
- For now, this thread is just me<->you, for the sake of keeping it civilized. This might change in the future. And until that happens, you make just one post in the thread. You can edit it (with elaborated opinion), but do clearly seperate it from what you first wrote.
- And of course, the mandatory threat: If you fail to keep to these rules, you'll be banned for a week. READ EVERYTHING.
It may seem a bit narcissistic, all this, but hey, we're all curious about what other people think about us. I haven't seen this done elsewhere, so at the very least it will be an interesting experiment.
Edit: Oh and I don't visit mapping modding and boss suggestions forum that often, so if you mostly post there, I likely won't have much to say.