The perfect game. What would yours be like?

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
Jorichi
Moderator
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 19:46

We all have different thoughts on what a perfect game should be like.
So I am curious on what your perfect game would be like. I bet it isn't a game that already exists, as every
game misses something you would really want in it.

So what would your perfect game be like? Like in genre, options, graphics, style, etc.

Here is mine:
Mine would be an action MMORPG in fantasy/futuristic-style. 2D, Snes-like style. Either topdown or platformer.
Insanely high level-cap (infinity if possible) and every level-up is rewarded with (a) useful goodie(s).
Lots of customization options and places to explore. Useful collectables.
Free to play or pay to play (as long as there is no ingame shop that gives you advantage over other players).
Nonstandard classes (no warrior, mage and archer), unique character classes. And finally; no endless amounts
of boring quests asking you to collect or kill a set amount of monsters.

And because such a game does not exist, I will be playing Mari0 until such a game DOES exist (but I'll probably still play Mari0 when that happens...)

User avatar
Pyrosaur
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 19:50

Hmmm, probably a game that combines two other unlikely games that are completely different, but in a way that it works very well. A Mario and Portal crossover would be pretty awesome.

User avatar
cowSheepo
Posts: 90
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 22:57

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 19:52

a minecraft mmo, with a beautifully designed, elder-scrolls style world, with building as quest objectives. An eve online style economy with a fantastic community. All my friends will have it and it will have loads of mini-games like fps minecraft or rts minecraft or even rpg style. With more content than an immortal man can consume. All for a grand total of anything under £300 and i'd buy it.

As long as the testing's done by valve

User avatar
jktomas
Posts: 30
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:30

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 20:58

A perfect game? Good question. Several years ago I wanted a game which now closely resembles Minecraft. Except my idea game didn't have anything to do with mining, it was about building, fighting and exploring together with the people from all around the world, wich pretty much is Minecraft. Ironically, I'm not a very big fan of playing Minecraft in a server, fuckin' assholes keep destroying my lava cocks. I kind of like the singleplayer better, but even that is getting boring to me (I started playing it 2 weeks ago). Mostly because there's not much left to explore. I know that the world of Minecraft is practically unlimited, but you can no longer discover anything new. And that's a shame. If only it have more items, more different ores to mine and more stuff like that, maybe then it would keep me interested for a little bit longer.

But I digress.

I have no imagination, so I can't come up with any idea for a perfect game, but I can name some games that are close to being perfect to me, but lacks something.

I love Pokemon games, but at the same time I agree that they are the laziest games I've ever played. I mean, the sequels are. Same story, same gameplay, same everything. After so many years of playing I still find their gameplay to be incredibly addictive, fun and overall perfect, so I don't want it to get changed, but there's so many ideas by fans online how to make the game fresh again (look 'em up if you give a flying fuck or two). Unfortunately the game developers just don't give a shit. Although, I must say, the design of the creatures is just getting better. Especially the last generation, it's so delightfully controversial.

On the other hand, Zelda games didn't decline in the quality at all. I would say they are almost perfect. So are Portal games. I mean, there's a great ballance of everything in those games and I don't want them to be changed, although they aren't perfect either.
What did I say before? A good question? Not really. Because every game you enjoy is a perfect game as long as you enjoy them. Eventually every game will get boring because that's how games work. And I wouldn't want to play the same game for longer than say... three months. What I'm trying to say is that there's no need for a PERFECT game to exist. I would suggest you to change the name of the topic to "a game that you would like to exist". I'd say that would make more sense because as much as I believe Mari0 will be a great game, I don't think it's going to be perfect and that I'm going to play it till the day I die (2087-12-03).

User avatar
cowSheepo
Posts: 90
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 22:57

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 21:12

you got bored of minecraft after 2 weeks?!
I've been playing since alpha 1.1

User avatar
Jorichi
Moderator
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 21:18

'The perfect game' would most likely mean a game with the highest replay-value to you.
But that would be a very long topic title. So no, there is no perfect game and there will never be one (I agree with you on that).
I know that most games won't last for longer then a few months and I think that could be WAY longer.
And for me the 'perfect game' would be what I posted earlier. :p

User avatar
jktomas
Posts: 30
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:30

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 21:27

The thing is, whenever I start playing a new game I can't wait to beat it so I could move on the next game and so on. I don't like playing the same thing for too long. Maybe it's just me. Perhaps the "perfect" game is the one that is completely different everytime you play it. I don't know.
Anyway...
Yes, I got bored of Minecraft this soon. I heven't been in The End yet, but I believe I've already checked out everything else that there is to do or to find in the game (including riding on pigs).

thunderfapper
Posts: 566
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 06:35

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 21:30

Well not quite a perfect game but my idea is a game where it is 64 format you are Mario playing in the legend of zelda ocarina of time world and Mario has the master sword and his starting part he has...a...portal gun and goompas are in the zelda world and you save princess peach insted of zelda and there are also pokemon you can catch all around the world!

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 21:47

thunderflipper wrote:Well not quite a perfect game but my idea is a game where it is 64 format you are Mario playing in the legend of zelda ocarina of time world and Mario has the master sword and his starting part he has...a...portal gun and goompas are in the zelda world and you save princess peach insted of zelda and there are also pokemon you can catch all around the world!
I'd like to play that. Maybe add mutiplayer and a few flamethrowers / submachine guns / spells / minesweeper areas and that could make it even more interesting
I dunno - I haven't thought this through. I guess I'm not enough of a "gamer" to have a good idea of what a "perfect" game for me would be. I like mari(o|0), assassin's creed, tetris, driving games, f-zero, puzzle games and some of everything, so I wouldn't have one game I would always want to play. However I do have a slight disliking for rpg's as I think people mostly like them because they're addictive, but I don't think that good games as such.

thunderfapper
Posts: 566
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 06:35

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 22:22

trosh wrote:
thunderflipper wrote:Well not quite a perfect game but my idea is a game where it is 64 format you are Mario playing in the legend of zelda ocarina of time world and Mario has the master sword and his starting part he has...a...portal gun and goompas are in the zelda world and you save princess peach insted of zelda and there are also pokemon you can catch all around the world!
I'd like to play that. Maybe add mutiplayer and a few flamethrowers / submachine guns / spells / minesweeper areas and that could make it even more interesting
I dunno - I haven't thought this through. I guess I'm not enough of a "gamer" to have a good idea of what a "perfect" game for me would be. I like mari(o|0), assassin's creed, tetris, driving games, f-zero, puzzle games and some of everything, so I wouldn't have one game I would always want to play. However I do have a slight disliking for rpg's as I think people mostly like them because they're addictive, but I don't think that good games as such.
Agreed I think everyone should make someone make the legend of Mario:pokemon weapons edition.

User avatar
Moncole
Posts: 84
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 22:56

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 22:38

A game that you play as Dr.House who never talks, who has a crowbar and a gun that can pick up stuff with ease

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:03

A game where you get 14975185093458734209 points for typing a Gordon Freeman quote.

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:04

rokit boy wrote:A game where you get 14975185093458734209 points for typing a Gordon Freeman quote.
and double that for the konami code because.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2143
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:14

Ideas guy: The thread

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:18

thank you for sending me on the idea and derivatives part of urban dictionary

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2143
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:35

trosh wrote:thank you for sending me on the idea and derivatives part of urban dictionary
what

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:42

Come on gimme a Gordon Freeman quote and I'll give you the money from the mortgage of my house. NO joke, if you name one, gimme your pin and i'll give you da money :D

User avatar
Jorichi
Moderator
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:45

rokit boy wrote:Come on gimme a Gordon Freeman quote and I'll give you the money from the mortgage of my house. NO joke, if you name one, gimme your pin and i'll give you da money :D
"This tram ride is sweet. I can't imagine how horrible it would be to have to walk all the way out of here."
"Headcrab? Gordon no likey!"

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2143
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:47

"Fuck you barney you owe me like 4 beers from last weekend"

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:49

Maurice wrote:
trosh wrote:thank you for sending me on the idea and derivatives part of urban dictionary
what
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... deas%20Guy and links on the left

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:56

Maurice wrote:"Fuck you barney you owe me like 4 beers from last weekend"
OMG what's your pin!

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2143
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 23:57

You had to look up "ideas guy"?
Though I guess it's to be expected for me to know the meaning of it since I frequent the programming section of Facepunch and we have to deal with them every few days.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 02:18

I know "ideas guy" and this is the first creative forum I've even been on.

User avatar
Twilight Sparkle
Posts: 45
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:38

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 05:36

How about a game that transforms 20-something slackers into upstanding young citizens, complete with social and communication skills, a college education, and a snappy wardrobe? Also it ends world hunger, religion, and anti-LGBT feelings.

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 08:16

like a mmorpg ? bleaghhh

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 09:44

Twilight Sparkle wrote:How about a game that transforms 20-something slackers into upstanding young citizens, complete with social and communication skills, a college education, and a snappy wardrobe? Also it ends world hunger, religion, and anti-LGBT feelings.
Is this some kind of secret veiled message to the people on the forum?
Because if it is, I'm going to deliberately miss that point.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 18:39

A game where you are this guy in a bar. And you're tempted to drink, but you can't. So you get a hose pipe, grab onto it, then turn the hosepipe on. The you notice you invented the new sport "HOSEPIPE RODEO". Then you're famous and rich. Then Chris Hoy comes up to you and says "Hi". Then the game starts. If you press "A" you say "Hi, Chris", if you press "B" you say "Hi, Dude". Then the end, credits and a step dancing robot.

THE BEST IDEA!

User avatar
cowSheepo
Posts: 90
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 22:57

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 20:26

Jorichi wrote:'The perfect game' would most likely mean a game with the highest replay-value to you.
But that would be a very long topic title. So no, there is no perfect game and there will never be one (I agree with you on that).
I know that most games won't last for longer then a few months and I think that could be WAY longer.
And for me the 'perfect game' would be what I posted earlier. :p
i think i've sunk nearly 1500 hours into minecraft :( How's that for replay value?
But I also agree that there can never be a perfect game (same with girls :P)

User avatar
Twilight Sparkle
Posts: 45
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:38

Post » 25 Feb 2012, 16:07

Camewel wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:How about a game that transforms 20-something slackers into upstanding young citizens, complete with social and communication skills, a college education, and a snappy wardrobe? Also it ends world hunger, religion, and anti-LGBT feelings.
Is this some kind of secret veiled message to the people on the forum?
Because if it is, I'm going to deliberately miss that point.
I think it's more of a statement about the fact that I rarely play vidya anymore, and I would much rather see progress in human society than a supar kewl gaem. Or something.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 25 Feb 2012, 16:12

Twilight Sparkle wrote:I think it's more of a statement about the fact that I rarely play vidya anymore, and I would much rather see progress in human society than a supar kewl gaem. Or something.
Yet here you are, posting on a forum based entirely on 'supar kewl gaems'. ;)
And really, although it's a nice sentiment, it's kinda off-topic. All this thread was designed for was game ideas, not great sweeping statements about the world.

User avatar
Hen Barrison
Posts: 157
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:45

Post » 25 Feb 2012, 17:27

LucId dream sImulator.

Cause then you could do anythIng.

User avatar
Jorichi
Moderator
Posts: 964
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 02:08

Post » 25 Feb 2012, 17:47

Camewel wrote:
Twilight Sparkle wrote:I think it's more of a statement about the fact that I rarely play vidya anymore, and I would much rather see progress in human society than a supar kewl gaem. Or something.
Yet here you are, posting on a forum based entirely on 'supar kewl gaems'. ;)
And really, although it's a nice sentiment, it's kinda off-topic. All this thread was designed for was game ideas, not great sweeping statements about the world.
My thoughts exactly. Well, more to get an idea of what people are looking for in games. It's always fun to see other peoples ideas.
Hen Barrison wrote:LucId dream sImulator.
Cause then you could do anythIng.
Yes that would be epic ^.^
However, I highly doubt it is possible to make such a game with current technology. Programming EVERYTHING would be a major pain.

User avatar
djmattyg007
Posts: 93
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:35

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 08:32

There is no such thing as a perfect game and there never will be, because a perfect game by definition will be everybody's favourite game. It will be everything for everybody, and that idea in itself is ridiculous and impossible.

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 09:40

discover hasbro's exciting new product ! have you ever heard of a game that everyone would love play, be happy to have and that would bring us continuus money flow ? no ? well neither have us. So instead, we bring you a new product that have the whole family craving : DRUGS. DRUGS are fun ! DRUGS are fashionable ! you'll come begging for more ;D
hasbro, love to learn, learn to love. DRUG consuption is addictive and may be a health hazard. only opperate DRUGS under parental guidance.

TiagoTiago
Posts: 101
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 07:44

Post » 06 Mar 2012, 20:04

Somthing like Second Life but without all the fuck ups by Linden Lab. (I know SL itself isn't a game, but my ideal game is not a single game, it's somthing that can be anything and easily modifiable and shared by anyone, with tons of potential)

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 07 Mar 2012, 00:07

TiagoTiago wrote:Somthing like Second Life but without all the fuck ups by Linden Lab. (I know SL itself isn't a game, but my ideal game is not a single game, it's somthing that can be anything and easily modifiable and shared by anyone, with tons of potential)
You should really look up Garry's Mod.

TiagoTiago
Posts: 101
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 07:44

Post » 07 Mar 2012, 02:51

That's another one that gets close, but not exactly what i'm looking for (to be honest, i haven't played with it myself, but from what i've learned about from the 'net it's not quite there yet)

nutta2012
Posts: 20
Joined: 01 Mar 2012, 17:42

Post » 07 Mar 2012, 20:26

the perfect game would be a full control god game. build a town/country/planet populise it and then destroy it in anyway possible (alien attack/volcano/war/ice age/etc...)and watch the world try to repair its self, assist should i want to and then be ablt to destroy it again

User avatar
trosh
Posts: 1594
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36

Post » 07 Mar 2012, 21:32

nutta2012 wrote:the perfect game would be a full control god game. build a town/country/planet populise it and then destroy it in anyway possible (alien attack/volcano/war/ice age/etc...)and watch the world try to repair its self, assist should i want to and then be ablt to destroy it again
simcityyyyy

User avatar
Hen Barrison
Posts: 157
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:45

Post » 07 Mar 2012, 23:10

Jorichi wrote:
Hen Barrison wrote:LucId dream sImulator.
Cause then you could do anythIng.
Yes that would be epic ^.^
However, I highly doubt it is possible to make such a game with current technology. Programming EVERYTHING would be a major pain.
It would be tottaly ImpossIble currently. ThIs Is somethIng I look forward to In the future.

TiagoTiago
Posts: 101
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 07:44

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 01:13

Hen Barrison wrote:LucId dream sImulator.
I would settle for a holodeck ;)

User avatar
Hen Barrison
Posts: 157
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:45

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 04:15

TiagoTiago wrote:
Hen Barrison wrote:LucId dream sImulator.
I would settle for a holodeck ;)
But IsIn't the Holodeck lImeted to past events?

TiagoTiago
Posts: 101
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 07:44

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 04:20

Hen Barrison wrote:
TiagoTiago wrote:
Hen Barrison wrote:LucId dream sImulator.
I would settle for a holodeck ;)
But IsIn't the Holodeck lImeted to past events?
When in the past did Professor Moriarty hold the Enterprise hostage in exchange for his freedom?

User avatar
Hen Barrison
Posts: 157
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:45

Post » 08 Mar 2012, 05:15

TiagoTiago wrote: When in the past did Professor Moriarty hold the Enterprise hostage in exchange for his freedom?
Eh, I see your poInt, It has been a long tIme seInce I've seen that epIsode.