support

Problems running games? Right in here.
User avatar
VaultBoyAnthony
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 20:10

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 20:24

Just a suggestion, but this board should be a "Support" board, where it isn't only made for help with the games, but also help with the forums.

User avatar
VaultBoyAnthony
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 20:10

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 20:25

Also, my question was is there a way to attach images on our posts? If not, you should make it happen.

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1427
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 20:47

Attaching images/files is disabled at the moment. I'll think about it once everything else is done.

User avatar
VaultBoyAnthony
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 20:10

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 20:56

Sašo wrote:Attaching images/files is disabled at the moment. I'll think about it once everything else is done.
Ok, I don't see why you wouldn't allow files/images attachments, but it's up to you.

User avatar
VaultBoyAnthony
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 20:10

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 20:58

Saso, is there a way for normal uses to have avatars/profile pictures? Or is that only a mod/admin thing?

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1427
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 21:00

User control panel, Profile, Edit avatar

VaultBoyAnthony wrote:
Sašo wrote:Attaching images/files is disabled at the moment. I'll think about it once everything else is done.
Ok, I don't see why you wouldn't allow files/images attachments, but it's up to you.
Unlike on the old server provider, here we've got limited bandwidth and after that is exceeded speed is reduced to 10%. While the limit is quite high, I'd still like to avoid it. Besides I need to switch to nginx first.

User avatar
VaultBoyAnthony
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 20:10

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 21:14

Unlike on the old server provider, here we've got limited bandwidth and after that is exceeded speed is reduced to 10%. While the limit is quite high, I'd still like to avoid it. Besides I need to switch to nginx first.[/quote]
Oh duh, I completely forgot about bandwidth. Well, you could always have threads that haven't been active in over a certain period of time automatically delete themselves, so that old threads wouldn't be taking up any bandwidth, which would also give room for attaching files/images. (correct me if any of this is wrong)

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1427
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 21:15

Deleting old threads won't make much of a difference. Text takes up barely any space.

User avatar
VaultBoyAnthony
Posts: 26
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 20:10

Post » 03 Feb 2012, 21:18

Sašo wrote:Deleting old threads won't make much of a difference. Text takes up barely any space.
Ok, well do what you can then. :)

User avatar
djmattyg007
Posts: 93
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:35

Post » 04 Feb 2012, 15:14

"Space" and "Bandwidth" are two completely separate things when it comes to web hosting.

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1427
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 04 Feb 2012, 15:34

Generally if something takes up less space it ends up taking less bandwidth as well.

gfkxj
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Mar 2012, 02:42

Post » 30 Mar 2012, 02:48

Somtimes whan I am playing Mari0 I try jumping on a paratropa but the exact second I hit it the wings disapear so I hit it, but I still die right there and the same thing with the back parts of some bullet bills this is really pissing me off.

User avatar
Lawnboy
Posts: 836
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 02:24

Post » 30 Mar 2012, 03:51

gfkxj wrote:Somtimes whan I am playing Mari0 I try jumping on a paratropa but the exact second I hit it the wings disapear so I hit it, but I still die right there and the same thing with the back parts of some bullet bills this is really pissing me off.
Well sir, I don't think that's a problem that can be solved (well right now, at least). Maybe you just don't jump on paratropas anymore?!!