Chat "Room" v3

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 05 Oct 2015, 20:05

constachugga wrote:
Flutter Skye wrote:
TurretBot wrote:i have the most reputation no not really well i might, but i wouldn't know about that
Fight me.
Image
That is the most accurate representation of a rep fight ever.

User avatar
Tecminer
Posts: 437
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44

Post » 07 Oct 2015, 17:30

Prepare for the invasion
http://www.teamfortress.com/invasion/

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 07 Oct 2015, 23:14

Image
sorry, i wanted to post this gif here
and i knew people would've wanted the code whether they asked or not so here
2C86-0000-0092-0A12

Wilo
Posts: 944
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 05:58

hi.
i would say that i have left, but then i wouldn't be right, would i now?
ergo, rather than use the commoner's superlatives (to which i scoff) in order to state my point, i will continue the use of my inefficient directional pun.
just as the humor in the joke i have given to you, my audience, has come to an end, it is time for my humor to come to an end. that is correct, my friends.
i am leaving. perhaps you may have noticed my absence in the past few months. perhaps you haven't. i suppose if i had not written this, the ones who had noted the gap would continuously drift about their minds, wondering where i had gone, and the ones who did not note the gap would be none the wiser. if you are just newly emerged from registration, and you are just first hearing of me, hello! now, goodbye! you thus-forth are caught up to speed. fantastic work! despite not having any presumed idea of who i am merely seconds ago, you have now learned everything you need to know about me.

now, onto paragraph the second, because as i am well acquainted with the notion that most people do not take pleasure in attempting to comprehend whatever it is i have written if it is all one large "wall" (as they call them) of text. interestingly enough, i am about depleted of things to talk about in my valedictional notice, therefore i am wasting your time away with this paragraph for no reason of particular value. to express my desperation, as of the time in which i am typing this, i will now proceed to state facts that i may or may have not have found on the cap of a glass bottle of snapple iced tea. "way" is the most commonly used noun in the english language. the longest case of hiccups lasted sixty-eight years. a year on venus lasts longer than a day on venus. in forty-three countries, any album made by b-man99 is to be instantly obliterated before it reaches human contact. dogs can smell ten-thousand times better than humans. polar bears can smell a seal from around twenty miles away. wild camels once roamed the deserts of arizona. in france, sticking your thumb up (typically meaning "good luck" or "yes" in the united states) is a disrespectful or vulgar sign that is their equivalent to the "middle finger."

now that i have wasted my time -- not to mention your own -- with utterly useless facts, one would believe it is time for me to exit stage left. however, they would be incorrect - or should i say "not right" - to believe so. after all, i did in fact state that if i had left, i wouldn't be right, did i not? only a fool would deny this. so, ergo, i will be taking the exit door of ninety-percent of the population. in summary of this post, paragraph the first consisted of exactly one statement: in common terms, "i am leaving." paragraph the second existed for the sole purpose of allowing my audience comfort in reading the post rather than reading a "wall," and to waste your time along with mine, and paragraph the third, this very paragraph, exists to summarize what i have discussed in this post: nothing. in conclusion, this is an overly long, redundant post that, despite having many words, has very little significance, and my time is nigh.

"wait!", you say. "isn't something missing?" oh, my dear audience, there is indeed something missing. you wouldn't not expect an individual with a personality as akin to one as i, to not go out laughing, would you? to fulfill your mental prophecies i will satisfy your one standard: ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! oh ho ho ho ho ho! heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh! oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!

and now, for the finale, the trifecta on my eight-hundred-twenty-nine tier cake, the final brick in the wall, the final nail in my coffin, the shot to the heart, the one to blame, the one to give love a bad name, the creme de la creme, the end of the end of the end of the end of the end, destroying the one bind that keeps me here..

valē.

User avatar
Sky
Posts: 1243
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 06:23

Image

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 11:44

what

User avatar
Technochips
Posts: 577
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 13:04

tl;dr

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 21:43

to respond to Turret and Julien's questions:
hi.
i would say that i have left, but then i wouldn't be right, would i now?
ergo, rather than use the commoner's superlatives (to which i scoff) in order to state my point, i will continue the use of my inefficient directional pun.
just as the humor in the joke i have given to you, my audience, has come to an end, it is time for my humor to come to an end. that is correct, my friends.
i am leaving. perhaps you may have noticed my absence in the past few months. perhaps you haven't. i suppose if i had not written this, the ones who had noted the gap would continuously drift about their minds, wondering where i had gone, and the ones who did not note the gap would be none the wiser. if you are just newly emerged from registration, and you are just first hearing of me, hello! now, goodbye! you thus-forth are caught up to speed. fantastic work! despite not having any presumed idea of who i am merely seconds ago, you have now learned everything you need to know about me.

now, onto paragraph the second, because as i am well acquainted with the notion that most people do not take pleasure in attempting to comprehend whatever it is i have written if it is all one large "wall" (as they call them) of text. interestingly enough, i am about depleted of things to talk about in my valedictional notice, therefore i am wasting your time away with this paragraph for no reason of particular value. to express my desperation, as of the time in which i am typing this, i will now proceed to state facts that i may or may have not have found on the cap of a glass bottle of snapple iced tea. "way" is the most commonly used noun in the english language. the longest case of hiccups lasted sixty-eight years. a year on venus lasts longer than a day on venus. in forty-three countries, any album made by b-man99 is to be instantly obliterated before it reaches human contact. dogs can smell ten-thousand times better than humans. polar bears can smell a seal from around twenty miles away. wild camels once roamed the deserts of arizona. in france, sticking your thumb up (typically meaning "good luck" or "yes" in the united states) is a disrespectful or vulgar sign that is their equivalent to the "middle finger."

now that i have wasted my time -- not to mention your own -- with utterly useless facts, one would believe it is time for me to exit stage left. however, they would be incorrect - or should i say "not right" - to believe so. after all, i did in fact state that if i had left, i wouldn't be right, did i not? only a fool would deny this. so, ergo, i will be taking the exit door of ninety-percent of the population. in summary of this post, paragraph the first consisted of exactly one statement: in common terms, "i am leaving." paragraph the second existed for the sole purpose of allowing my audience comfort in reading the post rather than reading a "wall," and to waste your time along with mine, and paragraph the third, this very paragraph, exists to summarize what i have discussed in this post: nothing. in conclusion, this is an overly long, redundant post that, despite having many words, has very little significance, and my time is nigh.

"wait!", you say. "isn't something missing?" oh, my dear audience, there is indeed something missing. you wouldn't not expect an individual with a personality as akin to one as i, to not go out laughing, would you? to fulfill your mental prophecies i will satisfy your one standard: ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! oh ho ho ho ho ho! heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh heh! oh ho ho ho ho ho ho ho!

and now, for the finale, the trifecta on my eight-hundred-twenty-nine tier cake, the final brick in the wall, the final nail in my coffin, the shot to the heart, the one to blame, the one to give love a bad name, the creme de la creme, the end of the end of the end of the end of the end, destroying the one bind that keeps me here..

valē.
Image

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 21:55

tl;dr
WiloKing wrote:in summary of this post, paragraph the first consisted of exactly one statement: in common terms, "i am leaving." paragraph the second existed for the sole purpose of allowing my audience comfort in reading the post rather than reading a "wall," and to waste your time along with mine, and paragraph the third, this very paragraph, exists to summarize what i have discussed in this post: nothing. in conclusion, this is an overly long, redundant post that, despite having many words, has very little significance, and my time is nigh.
i think he's leaving

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 21:58

no claps for you

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 08 Oct 2015, 22:35

Wilo's post was the most interesting thing I've seen on here in weeks and now he's gone
Screw it
I'm making something else my home page

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 09 Oct 2015, 03:57

[insert valediction here]

Don't worry, you'll return in a few months to say hi and then we can pull out the reunion banner on chat "room" v4.

User avatar
MagicPillow
Posts: 1108
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 09 Oct 2015, 04:50

Aww. It's sad to see you go. You certainly liven up the forums.
I wish you good luck wherever the wind may blow you to.

User avatar
Technochips
Posts: 577
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05

Post » 11 Oct 2015, 00:51

there should be a super smash bros clone with the forum's member's character

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 11 Oct 2015, 02:03

tried that; didn't work

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 11 Oct 2015, 07:52

I hate this whole Canvas thing my school uses so much. Holy shit.

English classes often have you write on this garbage "Discussion Board" they have. But guess what? IT DOESN'T SAVE SHIT UNLESS YOU SEND AND PUBLISH IT.

No drafts. No accidentally going back and returning forward with your text still intact. No.

Literally bullshit. Lost about 30 mins of work because of this.

User avatar
constachugga
Posts: 197
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49

Post » 11 Oct 2015, 09:04

Huh. Guess my school's not the only one that uses it.

With they didn't block imgur, google drive and google docs... ; - ;

User avatar
Sunset_Moth
Posts: 781
Joined: 02 Sep 2012, 23:22

Post » 11 Oct 2015, 14:52

Hi.
I'm back.
Also, I'm reading The Martian. Anyone who hasn't read it, read it. It's good.

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 13 Oct 2015, 08:36

[Welcome back banner]

Also I wrote a huge block of text about why the next Nintendo Direct is tomorrow, you should read it sometime.
I wrote this over at MFGG:

In short, I'd kind of like to discuss a prediction date for the next direct. Nintendo needs to show off something about their holiday games- but when? What will become of Mario Tennis, Amiibo Festival, or (not holiday) Paper Jam?

Now, for my prediction: we'll get the next direct on Wednesday.
That day particularly lines up with multiple rumors and time frames- the mobile games' announcement, the smash ballot, the rewards program, the Splatoon Octolings, (in October, haha) and so on. It just makes sense to me.
(Note: if I'm wrong, I'll probably just guess next Wednesday. And do that every week with proof since I'm starved for a Nintendo Direct and the reveal of Pikmin 4, maybe.)


Oh yeah, lemme make a list of things that have been strange lately.
-Nintendo intends on releasing a mobile game by the end of the year, remember? I forget who, but some official tweeted that the mobile game would be announced "soon" and to expect the unexpected. (10/2)
-There's plenty of Splatoon DLC lined up, as we knew from the leaks a while ago. One of Splatoon's pages recently got taken over by the Octolings, even- which might hint towards the playable Octolings they found in the leak. (...)
-RogersBase tweeted that we would get some pretty exciting news within two weeks. He hasn't said anything further, but do keep in mind that this guy is extremely credible as he was a former product demonstrator for Nintendo- I'm sure he still has friends on the inside job. (10/5)
-Stealth, another tweeter who isn't quite as credible, is also referring to Roger's news. He claims it's a new smash character that'll be released by the end of the month. (10/5)
Note: Roger knows Stealth apparently, but I'm not sure about the other 3 or so tweeters that claim to know the Nintendo news. I only trust Roger since Stealth seems to be messing with people more than anything else, and the other tweeters probably want more attention.
-In the wave 4 DLC update, 2 additional character slots and 3 stage slots were created. (6 stage slots if you include the final destination versions of the stages.) Nintendo covered their tracks in the file names this time, but at least we have a better idea of exactly how many more characters are coming. (9/30)
-The official Amiibo site listed that Shovel Knight was compatible with Super Smash Bros- as well as Chibi Robo to have SSB functionality. The site is known for occasional mistakes, but the timing is somewhat noteworthy. (10/10?)
Note: Listing amiibos that work with a game is different than listing games that work with an amiibo. The first option is more credible.
-Yacht Club, the creators of Shovel Knight, have been dancing around the idea of Shovel Knight in smash very weirdly. While they are saying that the shovel knight amiibo listing is a mistake, they basically did the same thing with the Shovel Knight amiibo announcement in the first place. They also haven't flat-out rejected him from being in smash, nor asked people to vote for Shovel Knight to be in smash, (unlike Shantae) so they might be up to something. (10/10?)
-Pikmin 4 was announced to have nearly finished development, so I'd be suprised if it wasn't officially revealed this year as well. After all, Nintendo has very little lined up for 2016. (9/10?) (Not timing related.)
Note: Although this may not be as related as the other bits of weirdness, this is my personal expectation/prediction.
-The European Club Nintendo finally ended. With the new rewards program to work with the DeNA mobile games as well, the timing just seems so right to announce this along with the mobile game.
-The pokemon company is teasing a new pokemon game for 2016- the 20th anniversary of Pokémon- so we might see something from that. (9/10) (Not timing related.)
-There's also a crapton of other things within the Coro Coro magazines that have basically all but confirmed some sort of Pokémon Z. Zygarde taking on (4?) new forms, the new Pokemon movie, (XY & Z) and the Hoopa event that's due soon, there's gotta be something in the works that perhaps we missed in the canceled August Direct. (...) (Not timing related.)
-Data miners found an icon for the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess within the eShop's data. Something this big coming to Virtual Console would normally be announced in a Direct- and so it lines up with the other timing-related infos. (10/12)
Note: It was discovered today, but added a few days ago.
-There's "Ultimate Collection" versions of SSB for Wii U and 3DS, which are the basic games, but with the first 3 waves of DLC added in from the get go. These are listings up on Amazon; you can buy a digital code for these versions of the game, even. (10/12)
Note: This does not include DLC Wave 4, nor is it normal-priced. In fact, it's literally just like the bundles in the in-game shop which don't enable you to have a discount on the products, but instead just makes a convenient download. The 3DS version costs $80, and the Wii U version $100.
Note 2: Apparently, these were released on 10/7, which kind of disqualifies them from being announced in the direct... unless a physical version is mentioned in the direct?
-I hope you had fun reading my block of text. Now go tell me that my 10/14 prediction is correct when I wake up in the morning to find that it is.
Edit: it turns out that the Twilight Princess thingie is a HD remake according to it's title in the eShop. Thanks, mmaker.

Edit:
http://imgur.com/gallery/SmbRG/new?forcedesktop=1
...leak?

Edit: my prediction is drawing closer to either: Wednesday afternoon, or Thursday morning / afternoon.

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06

Post » 15 Oct 2015, 02:00

So I just realized* that Iwata was dead.
'realized' as in just gave it some thought. I'd heard of it recently.
I read a caption that said "Iwata ... died at age 55"
My first thought: That's sad.
Second thought: He was only 55?! Conspiracy!

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 15 Oct 2015, 04:00

That image looks like a re-skinned Ness: with some tentacles.

Edit:
For anyone who cares even relatively about this game (or knows what it is), I played Kindred and absolutely destroyed the enemy day one, after she was just released, and it felt amazing.
End score:

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 15 Oct 2015, 06:15

There are lots and lots of VC titles incoming soon to EU and JP, which were discovered in the Twilight Princess leak.
Also there should be a direct on Monday, now:
http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo- ... or-monday/
Weird how it's scheduled in the middle of the day, no?

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 15 Oct 2015, 06:49

Nah, it's convenience for the western hemisphere- we deserve it every once in awhile.

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 16 Oct 2015, 04:16


ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06

Post » 19 Oct 2015, 20:20

gauging interest for a minecraft server.

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 20 Oct 2015, 03:20

sure, why not

User avatar
MagicPillow
Posts: 1108
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 21 Oct 2015, 02:01

I'd be up for it.

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 23 Oct 2015, 02:06

500 left til i beat ya ren

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 23 Oct 2015, 02:29

Image

User avatar
Tecminer
Posts: 437
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44

Post » 23 Oct 2015, 14:27

holy sh*t who put alesan in a box ...


I really wasnt expecting so many reputation points...
Last edited by Tecminer on 23 Oct 2015, 19:46, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
MagicPillow
Posts: 1108
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 23 Oct 2015, 16:43

I added the rocks back.
Image

User avatar
OrbitalBlueprint
Posts: 527
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 20:11

Post » 23 Oct 2015, 19:43

Nice! Are there air-based obstacles when the minecart tracks are low enough? That would be an interesting mechanic to implement

Squidish
Posts: 678
Joined: 05 Apr 2014, 04:04

Post » 24 Oct 2015, 04:39

Will the game have more areas or just be on a mountain the whole time?

Or maybe new areas could be unlockable.

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 24 Oct 2015, 22:21

Just in case nobody's seen this

Nice job, Willware

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 25 Oct 2015, 03:00


User avatar
FuriousTH
Posts: 651
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

Post » 26 Oct 2015, 01:03


User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 27 Oct 2015, 08:55

First program I did without guidance of a book.
But yea. I'm proud of it, despite it's simplicity and poor design.
Also: the death image doesn't work since it pulled it directly from a file I had, rather than the system. So it won't have a headstone image. Whoops. Too late though.

EDIT: I lied, it works now. Fixed it and updated the link.
Last edited by Defiant Shout on 31 Oct 2015, 05:38, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 27 Oct 2015, 20:33


User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 30 Oct 2015, 01:54

I now approve of after-school naps very much. Very refreshing after small amounts of sleep.

User avatar
Tecminer
Posts: 437
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44

Post » 31 Oct 2015, 14:32

ImageImage

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 01 Nov 2015, 18:43


someone else beat Likely Lethal Survival Sprint1.1 and uploaded a 10-minute long death reel to niconico, so i reuploaded it on unlisted to youtube for other people to see. here’s the link to the original video http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27494688

User avatar
OrbitalBlueprint
Posts: 527
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 20:11

Post » 01 Nov 2015, 23:12

Image

Started work on a new puzzle game

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 05:48

Me too.

Image
Image
(Image has been modified.)
I made the puzzle too hard so I gave up.

User avatar
constachugga
Posts: 197
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 08:42

Yeesh, who here isn't doing something related to gamemaking? Because I too am also doing gamethings.

And yes it is UnderTale inspired. So it is technically a puzzle game...

User avatar
GameChanger
Posts: 4
Joined: 02 Nov 2015, 23:24

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 23:27

So..eh..embarrassing..

It's me. Mariofan064. Creator of Amateur Mario and the canned Mario Map "Mario Time".

I deleted my email months ago, and forgot the password to this site, so I decided to make another one. Game Changer is the name of my YouTube channel, so that's why I called myself that.

I'm very sorry. :(

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 23:38

why are you embarrassed about writing text were you born wrong

User avatar
HugoBDesigner
Posts: 2182
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 03 Nov 2015, 00:12

I also did some coding things. Not necessarily a game, but made in LÖVE nonetheless:

http://love2d.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=81186


User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1439
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 03 Nov 2015, 00:13

GameChanger wrote:So..eh..embarrassing..

It's me. Mariofan064. Creator of Amateur Mario and the canned Mario Map "Mario Time".

I deleted my email months ago, and forgot the password to this site, so I decided to make another one. Game Changer is the name of my YouTube channel, so that's why I called myself that.

I'm very sorry. :(
You do realize I have an email and stuff and that I just have to check your credentials match and I can sort that out in like 10 minutes?

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 524
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40

Post » 03 Nov 2015, 10:04

Good to see this place is still going strong. So many people making so many improvements! I wish I could say the same for myself. You're all so talented, heh. What have I missed in the past... Oh, 2, 3 years?

User avatar
HugoBDesigner
Posts: 2182
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 03 Nov 2015, 22:12

Sorry, but Stabyourself protocols require me to post:

Image

As for what you've missed: basically nothing. A few mappacks, some updates on Alesan's mod, a new Minecraft server for the users, but nothing significant besides that.