Chat "Room" v3

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
OrbitalBlueprint
Posts: 527
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 20:11

Post » 11 Sep 2015, 16:45

Great timing

EDIT: Same could be said for me...?

User avatar
Tecminer
Posts: 437
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44

Post » 11 Sep 2015, 17:08


User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 12 Sep 2015, 01:59

figured i should post this here
1DCF-0000-0019-7F56
i made a super mario maker stage

User avatar
Technochips
Posts: 577
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05

Post » 12 Sep 2015, 12:54

I NEED IT
I HAVE IT YEEEY Image
i made my own stage
BFCA-0000-0026-12B5
it's easy

User avatar
Mari0_Player
Posts: 224
Joined: 23 Sep 2013, 00:48

Post » 13 Sep 2015, 04:42

B89A-0000-0024-D43C
I tried to make it easy and catchy, like in SMB 1-1

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 13 Sep 2015, 05:11

So I think there should be a thread for this where you just edit in levels onto one big thing either categorized by creator or "genre."

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 14 Sep 2015, 00:03

289A-0000-0024-DBAD
2117-0000-0028-D799
E8C0-0000-0032-7501

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 14 Sep 2015, 21:21

[url=http://forum.stabyourself.net/viewtopic.php?p=121791#p121791]B-Man99 wrote:[/url] Anyone else really hyped that Volume is coming out in a week?
Hey, I remembered that I wrote about this here. Just wanted to point out that I'm still having a blast, a month later. The whole top down perspective thing is cool, a virtual simulation basis is brought to life by a distinct art style and surprisingly subtle storytelling. The gameplay relies a lot on sound, using tools to distract enemies or get them to move, rather than taking them down. In case it isn't obvious, I'm a huge fan of the replayability factors here. Also notable is that while the plot and characters are definitely not the main focus, in being vague they also lead to much more complex situations (compared to the beauty of simplicity in Bithell's previous work). Played the full campaign on release, and since then, there have been several updates. The big one was including 2 new "gamemodes" / "difficulty levels," effecting the ability to use checkpoints. Level editor seems to work well, but I haven't made anything yet. There are some fantastic online levels, including like 50+ staff picked so far. It's fantastic for a puzzling stealth thing, does a really good job being... uh... whatever it is. Fun. Yes, that's the word. Fun. Definitely shows a lot of progress for the team, although it's certainly a lot more game-y and a little less artsy compared to Thomas Was Alone.

You can get Volume on steam here by the way.

Mainly ranting here because I love it to death and no one else I know plays it, sorry. I'm sure several of you are much more interested in Phantom Pain :P cue Nathan or someone to talk about MGSV

User avatar
Vakema123
Posts: 413
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 21:24

Post » 14 Sep 2015, 21:52





Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is the most spectacular game in the universe. I'm only about a third through the story, but if it continues like this for the rest of the game, it'll be my all time favorite game.

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06

Post » 15 Sep 2015, 06:01

Morning!

I was wondering, which Mari0 versions are being commonly used. 1.6? 1.6 Online? SE beta? Alesan's? Mari0:HEC? (As a side note, have the last two been updated to the SE codebase? Presumably not, but doesn't hurt to check...)

User avatar
FuriousTH
Posts: 651
Joined: 31 May 2014, 02:14

Post » 15 Sep 2015, 06:18

Your forgot Special Edition Extended.

And hello!

User avatar
HugoBDesigner
Posts: 2183
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 15 Sep 2015, 09:34

Ucenna, welcome back to the land of active users!

Most people use SE, followed closely by Alesan's mod.
My mod is barely even active. I fixed some bugs some time ago, and may fix more, but most people wouldn't even use it, it's very unstable.
Alesan's mod and mine haven't and I can safely say never will be ported to SE, that'd take more work than recreating all SE features.

Other than that, not much I guess...

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06

Post » 15 Sep 2015, 10:02

FuriousHedgehog wrote:Your forgot Special Edition Extended.

And hello!
Yeah, missed that one.
HugoBDesigner wrote:Ucenna, welcome back to the land of active users!

Most people use SE, followed closely by Alesan's mod.
My mod is barely even active. I fixed some bugs some time ago, and may fix more, but most people wouldn't even use it, it's very unstable.
Alesan's mod and mine haven't and I can safely say never will be ported to SE, that'd take more work than recreating all SE features.

Other than that, not much I guess...
Thanks! and gotcha, good to know.

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 15 Sep 2015, 14:35

B-Man99 wrote: Hey, I remembered that I wrote about this here. Just wanted to point out that I'm still having a blast, a month later. The whole top down perspective thing is cool, a virtual simulation basis is brought to life by a distinct art style and surprisingly subtle storytelling. The gameplay relies a lot on sound, using tools to distract enemies or get them to move, rather than taking them down. In case it isn't obvious, I'm a huge fan of the replayability factors here. Also notable is that while the plot and characters are definitely not the main focus, in being vague they also lead to much more complex situations (compared to the beauty of simplicity in Bithell's previous work). Played the full campaign on release, and since then, there have been several updates. The big one was including 2 new "gamemodes" / "difficulty levels," effecting the ability to use checkpoints. Level editor seems to work well, but I haven't made anything yet. There are some fantastic online levels, including like 50+ staff picked so far. It's fantastic for a puzzling stealth thing, does a really good job being... uh... whatever it is. Fun. Yes, that's the word. Fun. Definitely shows a lot of progress for the team, although it's certainly a lot more game-y and a little less artsy compared to Thomas Was Alone.
You can get Volume on steam here by the way.
Ya don't have to hide it, we all know you were paid to write this review on this forum.

In other news, anybody else hyped for The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth? I personally cannot wait to spend another 200 hours trying to get Ultimate God or whatever that is gonna be called Image

User avatar
Tecminer
Posts: 437
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44

Post » 15 Sep 2015, 20:23

Offtopic: I've built myself a stirling engine :P https://www.dropbox.com/s/e0z4tgtde5xvg ... 7.mp4?dl=0

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06

Post » 16 Sep 2015, 05:59

Camewel's gone?! ...oh...
In his memory, I shall change my avatar to match his.

User avatar
HugoBDesigner
Posts: 2183
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 16 Sep 2015, 13:08

Judging by how often users are coming back to life activity, I wouldn't be surprised if a wild Camewel appeared right now...

User avatar
OrbitalBlueprint
Posts: 527
Joined: 08 Sep 2013, 20:11

Post » 16 Sep 2015, 14:50

This goes mainly to Hugo and some others (idk), but I won't be on as much anymore for some time, I'm not sure. Shit happens, parents make irrational choices, but I won't be on here or Steam for quite some time. This is just inform you guys.

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 16 Sep 2015, 22:47

Camewel does infrequently appear on Idiot's stream chat, but I haven't seen much else of him.

User avatar
MagicPillow
Posts: 1108
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 17 Sep 2015, 03:48

Yeah, Camewel's not really seen much anymore.
Then again, we could never really see him, since he was invisible.

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 18 Sep 2015, 00:58

Image

User avatar
MagicPillow
Posts: 1108
Joined: 20 Jul 2013, 04:59

Post » 24 Sep 2015, 00:02

Image
im so excite

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 24 Sep 2015, 06:08

space jam

User avatar
Shank
Posts: 225
Joined: 24 Feb 2013, 04:17

Post » 24 Sep 2015, 13:19

HugoBDesigner wrote:Judging by how often users are coming back to life activity, I wouldn't be surprised if a wild Camewel appeared right now...
Speaking of coming back to life,
I'm back for a bit then I'll probably disappear again, you never know with me.
Flutter Skye wrote: In other news, anybody else hyped for The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth? I personally cannot wait to spend another 200 hours trying to get Ultimate God or whatever that is gonna be called Image
New bosses and stuff seem great and all but the synergy on some of these item combos looks insane, that's what I'm really excited for.

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 24 Sep 2015, 20:51


User avatar
Technochips
Posts: 577
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05

Post » 24 Sep 2015, 21:13

wait what? how?

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 24 Sep 2015, 21:35

mindnomad wrote:why
because you made a cool level

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 24 Sep 2015, 22:11

That is so freakin awesome, mindnomad! Nice job :D

I wish I could try it, as a huge music nerd and a fan of rhythm games, your thing made me smile seeing a clever way of incorporating the style into something new. Even I wouldn't have thought to, nor had the talent to make all that possible.

In other news
Ummm
Uhhh
Yeah I got nothing
I am a dull and uninteresting individual

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 25 Sep 2015, 08:45

Don't worry B-Man, now that I have a job: Everything I do is uninteresting besides the paycheck. And I'm tired all the time. 'Cuz school, work and hockey don't mesh. Especially when you wanna draw and play videogames.

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 25 Sep 2015, 19:15

Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 26 Sep 2015, 03:55

Got my first paycheck and instantly bought AC:NL as well as Shovel Knight. Very hype over Shovel Knight, I just hope Cake's constant whatchamacallit won't make me regret this decision.

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 26 Sep 2015, 18:00


User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 30 Sep 2015, 10:07

the new smash update is live
I'm wrong about the nintendo direct, obviously
anyways, it adds:
more mii costumes (both versions) (Toad, Captain Falcon, Viridi, some monster hunter stuff, a business suit, and Fox)
super mario maker stage (both versions)
pirate ship (from brawl, Wii U only)
Wii U huck dunt stage (3DS only, free)

User avatar
constachugga
Posts: 197
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49

Post » 01 Oct 2015, 02:48

imaginary cake wrote:huck dunt
Might wanna fix that there buddy.

In other news, I walked three miles round trip to go to the store. And I live on a hill.
And the store is downhill.
Am I a big girl yet? 'Cause I feel like a dizzy one really.

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 01 Oct 2015, 06:03

I end up liking Shovel Knight more than Animal Crossing. What a twist.

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 01 Oct 2015, 07:26

Defiant Shout wrote:I end up liking Shovel Knight more than Animal Crossing. What a twist.
nononono play more animal crossing please
it gets better
constachugga wrote:
imaginary cake wrote:huck dunt
Might wanna fix that there buddy.
it was intentional

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 01 Oct 2015, 21:34


User avatar
Assasin-Kiashi
Posts: 643
Joined: 07 May 2012, 10:21

Post » 02 Oct 2015, 02:32

mindnomad wrote:
what the fuck. what t h e f u c k. W H AT T H E F U C K.
(dude you should totally tweet this at him that's fucking amazing)

User avatar
mindnomad
Posts: 365
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 02 Oct 2015, 02:34

I did, he retweeted it. not sure if it's really going around much. it's just getting favorites and a few retweets. some comments. ah well it was still fun to do this

User avatar
Tecminer
Posts: 437
Joined: 11 Jan 2014, 20:44

Post » 02 Oct 2015, 21:26

I know that it's not even one third of the reputation points of most the better-known users here, but
100Image
Last edited by Tecminer on 02 Oct 2015, 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Technochips
Posts: 577
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05

Post » 02 Oct 2015, 21:37

ok you got a new reputation because of the best gif ever k

ucenna
Posts: 615
Joined: 11 Jan 2013, 20:06

Post » 02 Oct 2015, 22:01

Since Firaga asked, 'Ucenna' is actually pronounced 'Ukenna' (you-ken-ah, ken as in the name Ken or Kendall).
Sorry to burst everyone's wierd John Cena fantasy.

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 03 Oct 2015, 03:22

I said my statement backwards. Lmao. I meant AC more than SN. A legitimate twist.
Tecminer wrote:I know that it's not even one third of the reputation points of most the better-known users here, but
100Image
Gooby pls. 86 right now.

Also: I wanted to say You-senna. Like that one character from somewhere...

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 03 Oct 2015, 05:18

Muahahahahahahaha now you're at 87 and your post is inaccurate
also I'm 4 away from 200

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 03 Oct 2015, 10:47

i have the most reputation no not really well i might, but i wouldn't know about that

User avatar
TripleXero
Posts: 892
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 00:23

Post » 03 Oct 2015, 22:06

Yay Internet points

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 03 Oct 2015, 23:33

TurretBot wrote:i have the most reputation no not really well i might, but i wouldn't know about that
Fight me.

User avatar
constachugga
Posts: 197
Joined: 30 May 2012, 04:49

Post » 04 Oct 2015, 01:04

Flutter Skye wrote:
TurretBot wrote:i have the most reputation no not really well i might, but i wouldn't know about that
Fight me.
Image

User avatar
HugoBDesigner
Posts: 2183
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 04 Oct 2015, 06:35

Just cut through 2 phone books to stitch this map of my town together:

http://imgur.com/a/oZ9CO

(yay for sneak peak at my bedroom, I guess...)Yes, that's Gabe Newell, of course!

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 04 Oct 2015, 06:38

i'm dressed like ness in that image
Last edited by TurretBot on 06 Oct 2015, 00:52, edited 2 times in total.