What is your all time favorite game ?

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
SauloFX
Posts: 556
Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 02:52

Post » 11 Mar 2014, 02:01

Megaman and Megaman X Games.

User avatar
Flutter Skye
Posts: 1690
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 01 Apr 2014, 00:08

forget everything I said before.
Cave Story. Enough Said.

User avatar
SauloFX
Posts: 556
Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 02:52

Post » 01 Apr 2014, 00:13

Your avatar is so cute [/offtopic]



I said my favorite game before,but i like all the games that have a nice gameplay,i don't care about graphics but i will hate a game made using paint

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 01 Apr 2014, 01:24

his avatar is actually from Cave Story, so it's not even offtopic

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 14 Apr 2014, 15:53

i know i change favourites every 3 weeks but my all time is probably the football manager series
my best life achievements come from there.

User avatar
HowToEatGirafes
Posts: 516
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 16:15

MINECRAFT :D

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 16:44

HowToEatGirafes wrote:MINECRAFT :D
wow
i remember when all i played was minecraft and now i cringe so much when people play it or even mention it.
especially at school when all they talk about is minecraft and they play it on breaks. i just can't stand it.

anyway,
fifa 14 and tf2 are great mentions (not so much tf2 anymore)
i really like the trading aspect of both games.

User avatar
SauloFX
Posts: 556
Joined: 26 Feb 2014, 02:52

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 17:00

rokit wrote:fifa 14
I don't want to be a douche, but i think football games aren't so cool, i mean, play something that you can do in real life?

Anyway, evebody have your style, i like Megaman ( i menitoned before ), TF2 ( but i rage in it ), and some pretty cool racing games like Mario Kart or Diddy Kong's Racing

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 17:11

SauloFX wrote:
rokit wrote:fifa 14
as i said i play it mostly for the trading really.
and i knew it was an unpopular opinion since 90% of this forum don't like sports
edit:
SauloFX wrote: I don't want to be a douche, but i think football games aren't so cool, i mean, play something that you can do in real life?
pretty much everyone here has watched someone play a game of youtube at least once and some people do on a regular basis.
whatever your excuse is, it's pretty much the same

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 19:56

rokit wrote:i remember when all i played was minecraft and now i cringe so much when people play it or even mention it.
especially at school when all they talk about is minecraft and they play it on breaks. i just can't stand it.
I got Minecraft back in indev before it got to the point where most people had heard of it. It was all I played for about 2 years, but I sort of just... stopped? I'm sure it's still a good game, but I'm not really attached to it anymore and there are definitely better games that I have now seen. Also the fact that my favorite special-game servers (Hunger Games, Capture the Flag, TNT Wars, tons of stuff) stopped and I can't seem to get the same experience since the servers today don't have core communities.

Also all of those 8 year olds.
*shivers*
rokit wrote:90% of this forum don't like sports
Yeah it does feel like I'm one of the only ones around here that likes sports.
I never actually played on a school team though because they say it's really time consuming and I do so much with music there would have to be like 36 hours in a day for that to ever happen.
People in gym class say I'm really good, so maybe it's the kid of thing you only enjoy if you're good? I don't know, I never got into sports videogames, for similar reasons to what Saulo said.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 20:16

B-Man99 wrote:
rokit wrote:90% of this forum don't like sports
Yeah it does feel like I'm one of the only ones around here that likes sports.
I never actually played on a school team though because they say it's really time consuming and I do so much with music there would have to be like 36 hours in a day for that to ever happen.
People in gym class say I'm really good, so maybe it's the kid of thing you only enjoy if you're good? I don't know, I never got into sports videogames, for similar reasons to what Saulo said.
being bad at sports is also one of the reasons i play them.
only 1 team has ever even considered me irl and that's because im pretty fast.

anyway another good shout is terraria for me at least.
it's not as cringey as minecraft and not as "sweaty". i hate the term "sweaty" and only use it to insult people at times but it has a pretty deep meaning. usually it is either when people play games for fanboyism, when there pretty much teenagers and spend all their day playing games like minecraft (even at school) or when they talk about it 24/7.

User avatar
Cake
Posts: 1401
Joined: 06 Mar 2012, 03:29

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 22:32

I find that good ways to avoid 8-year-olds on Minecraft include installing a modpack, and connecting to a server with that same modpack.

Otherwise, I don't understand why people try to watch professional football if they don't play it. I mean, I'm sorta ok watching professional video game tournaments (I don't do this unless completely bored) because you may be able to spot strategies and apply them, but otherwise watching professionals makes no sense to me.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 15 Apr 2014, 23:18

imaginary cake wrote:I find that good ways to avoid 8-year-olds on Minecraft include installing a modpack, and connecting to a server with that same modpack.

Otherwise, I don't understand why people try to watch professional football if they don't play it. I mean, I'm sorta ok watching professional video game tournaments (I don't do this unless completely bored) because you may be able to spot strategies and apply them, but otherwise watching professionals makes no sense to me.
the first one, it's kinda inevitable. only popular modpacks have servers with enough people, and that means 8 year olds will join anyway

the second one, i agree, i watch manchester united play week in week out and i play it irl too.

what annoys me is some people have bad opinions on sports games because they dont like sports. i mean like "this game is terrible dont play it." when actually for it's purpouse it's a pretty good game. (apart from fifa 14 that game is absolute garbage in gameplay but i play mostly for trading)

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 16 Apr 2014, 01:40

imaginary cake wrote:Otherwise, I don't understand why people try to watch professional football if they don't play it. I mean, I'm sorta ok watching professional video game tournaments (I don't do this unless completely bored) because you may be able to spot strategies and apply them, but otherwise watching professionals makes no sense to me.
I don't play football on a team but if you asked me to describe how the strategies and skills of the game work I definitely could. I mean real in-depth strategies and what makes plays work.
I don't actually watch sports but NFL is on every Sunday during football season and my dad got me hooked on picking games for this football pool at his work when I was younger and it kinda just stuck.

2048 on the other hand I seem to gave been gifted some insane power to win a lot, but if you asked me to explain how I did it I have no fucking clue, so I'm not going to claim that I'm any more than decent.
One time I spent like 2 hours trying to get the lowest score possible, and I got 96, losing with a board containing no 32 blocks. I think it's kind of funny how hard it was. Probably more proud of that than I am beating the actual game.

Also my all time favorite game is Portal 2 since it's perfect in every way and favorite games are apparently what this thread is about (I made a few giant posts earlier on)

User avatar
HowToEatGirafes
Posts: 516
Joined: 05 Feb 2014, 23:18

Post » 16 Apr 2014, 20:53

B-Man99 wrote: Also the fact that my favorite special-game servers (Hunger Games, Capture the Flag, TNT Wars, tons of stuff) stopped and I can't seem to get the same experience since the servers today don't have core communities.
Hivemc.eu
B-Man99 wrote: Also all of those 8 year olds.
*shivers*
This is sad ...

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 11:55

You all understand that Fifa is soccer right? The football part is just a direct translation from other languages. Can we please say soccer since we're speaking American English?

Anyhow, I can't play sports games. I always feel there should be more involvement than using the joystick 85% of the time... I'm not used to pointing to someone to pass something as opposed to pushing certain button(s) to throw an item. Football is especially hard (and chaotic) for me...

I watch people play games when I can't or when they have legitimately funny or necessary commentary.

My favorite game that I've never played would be Persona 3.

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 17 Apr 2014, 15:11

Umm I was actually talking about football
If anyone else mentioned football they were probably talking about like American football too because Rokit is the only person here that would ever talk about FIFA and still live with no regrets

I have actually never heard of Persona 3 I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 18 Apr 2014, 16:33

B-Man99 wrote:Umm I was actually talking about football
If anyone else mentioned football they were probably talking about like American football too because Rokit is the only person here that would ever talk about FIFA and still live with no regrets

I have actually never heard of Persona 3 I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
Okay it just seemed no one knew what it was and was still talking about it, so thanks for the clarification :P

Awesome it's really cool in the Let's Plays anyways.

B-Man99
Posts: 1868
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 18 Apr 2014, 16:58

Oh my goodness that color coordination is sexy really really cool. We should do that more often!

User avatar
BillRizer
Posts: 11
Joined: 18 Apr 2014, 19:55

Post » 19 Apr 2014, 18:59

Contra 3: The Alien Wars for the SNES.

User avatar
rokit
Posts: 2095
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:47

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 18:16

minesweeper

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 24 Apr 2014, 18:47

*pulls out rocket launcher and aims*

User avatar
absolutenope
Posts: 42
Joined: 01 Jun 2014, 03:26

Post » 11 Jun 2014, 23:35

1-SSBB, 10/10
2-Asura's Wrath, that game is awesome
3-mother 2 and 3, final bosses rocks
4-sonic adventure

User avatar
Defiant Shout
Posts: 599
Joined: 22 Jun 2013, 18:44

Post » 12 Jun 2014, 04:09

I've updated my list now since I haven't played anything in a bit, no more biases really.

Top 3:

1. League of Legends (I'm addicted ;-;)
2. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (All of 'em, I love the stories ;v;)
3. Metroid (Mostly the prime series, although I appreciated Fusion as well)

Everything Else
4. Super Smash Bros
5. Spiral Knights
6. Minecraft
7. Terraria
8. Everything else I own

User avatar
Villager103
Posts: 503
Joined: 31 Jan 2013, 14:50

Post » 16 Jun 2014, 12:22

Minecraft
Portal 2
Don't Starve
Terraria
Mari0 Special Edition