Chat "Room"

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
User avatar
Qcode
Posts: 1476
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 29 May 2013, 01:27

Harsh yet true. This thread got stupid incredibly quickly.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 29 May 2013, 01:28

Oh idiot. How I love you so.

User avatar
Lawnboy
Posts: 836
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 02:24

Post » 29 May 2013, 03:01

Camewel wrote:Oh idiot. How I love you so.
Camewel wrote:Oh idiot. How I hate you so.
contradictory nerd eat shit and die i hate you leave the internet now

User avatar
Trist3D
Posts: 635
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31

Post » 29 May 2013, 03:04

SO HOW ABOUT THEM SPORTS HUH?

User avatar
Qcode
Posts: 1476
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 29 May 2013, 03:06

Changing the subject doesn't work when you bring up a topic no one here is interested in.

User avatar
Trist3D
Posts: 635
Joined: 08 Jan 2013, 06:31

Post » 29 May 2013, 03:07

Well, drat.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 524
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40

Post » 29 May 2013, 03:11

Anybody feel the least bit excited for the next console generation?
I'm indifferent, but leaning toward PS4 because I'm "poor as shit". (In the words of a very infamous ex-Microsoft-employee)

User avatar
TripleXero
Posts: 892
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 00:23

Post » 29 May 2013, 03:26

If anything would be for the "poor" it'd be the Wii U, which is all I'm currently interested in getting Sonic Lost World

User avatar
Hatninja
Posts: 480
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:42

Post » 29 May 2013, 04:35

i pretty much got a wii u already
quite good console
now all thats left is the next smash brothers

User avatar
Shank
Posts: 225
Joined: 24 Feb 2013, 04:17

Post » 29 May 2013, 08:07

hatninja wrote:i pretty much got a wii u already
quite good console
now all thats left is the next smash brothers
Smash Brothers for the Wii U? I never thought I would buy the Wii U but if Smash Brothers I would buy it in an instant. I might get the PS4 because the games coming out for it look amazing.

I also have a question. I am thinking of learning how to create games, I only have a BASIC understanding of Lua and HTML and I am confused on where to go. What should I do to get myself started.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 524
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40

Post » 29 May 2013, 08:29

Derp, bro. You're on a site that constantly links to and uses LOVE; An API that runs with Lua. Look up LOVE 0.8.0 wiki, and go do some tuts from there. Just START with something you know?
Also has anyone ever made a game with HTML?

User avatar
Shank
Posts: 225
Joined: 24 Feb 2013, 04:17

Post » 29 May 2013, 09:04

I think there is a pretty good HTML 5 game called Sinuous.

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 524
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40

Post » 29 May 2013, 09:12

Okay, tried that out, it was pretty good. I usually associate HTML with web design and coding, so I must have completely ruled it out as a viable game programming language.
But yeah, just start with LOVE or something like it. It simplifies a lot of things, like having to make your own commands and stuff. Trust me, if you absolutely want to get into game programming, by far the most fun I've had with anything was LOVE's engine.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2144
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19

Post » 29 May 2013, 12:32

HTML is not a programming language. Not now, not ever.
What HTML5 has is the canvas element, which uses javascript for the programming.

User avatar
penguin321
Posts: 165
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 23:01

Post » 29 May 2013, 16:25

I myself am a more of a PC guy since they are superior in every way imaginable.
So instead of buying an Xbox i'm probably going to save up some money to build a good gaming PC.
As for the console exclusives i'm probably just going to get some emulator of the internet.

User avatar
Sašo
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 1439
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07

Post » 29 May 2013, 16:30

Good thing that not a single post on previous page wasn't and will not be reported so I never have to spend time reading the entire garbage to get context.

That's nice.

User avatar
TheSeek
Posts: 486
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 06:31

Post » 29 May 2013, 17:00

penguin321 wrote: As for the console exclusives i'm probably just going to get some emulator of the internet.
The latest videogame generation that can be emulated in a nice playable way is the 6th(PS2, XBOX, GameCube, Dreamcast) and the only 7th gen console being actually emulated is the Wii(simply cuz it's more similar to a 6th gen than its actual gen)...you certainly won't be able to emulate PS3 or Xbox 360 for years, let alone Ps4 or Xbox One.

User avatar
penguin321
Posts: 165
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 23:01

Post » 29 May 2013, 17:16

TheSeek wrote:
penguin321 wrote: As for the console exclusives i'm probably just going to get some emulator of the internet.
The latest videogame generation that can be emulated in a nice playable way is the 6th(PS2, XBOX, GameCube, Dreamcast) and the only 7th gen console being actually emulated is the Wii(simply cuz it's more similar to a 6th gen than its actual gen)...you certainly won't be able to emulate PS3 or Xbox 360 for years, let alone Ps4 or Xbox One.
To be honest the only exclusive I care about is Pokemon X and Y which is on the 3DS
I do not see any point in getting the Xbox one as it is utterly shit.
And remember that No console EVER will even be comparable to the PC.
And i'm talking about them customly built PC's not them shitty Mac's

User avatar
TheSeek
Posts: 486
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 06:31

Post » 29 May 2013, 17:42

penguin321 wrote: To be honest the only exclusive I care about is Pokemon X and Y which is on the 3DS
Since the discussion was about home consoles and you didnt specify otherwise, it was reasonable to assume you were talking about home consoles. Handhelds are on a complete different level.
penguin321 wrote: And remember that No console EVER will even be comparable to the PC.
And i'm talking about them customly built PC's not them shitty Mac's
I didnt say anything about it, i didnt even quote the part about conosole vs pc, so this comment is pretty much useless, but since you seem so eager to let anyone know how pc's are better than consoles...according to game developers who already have Ps4 and Xbox One dev-kits, Ps4 and Xbox One are currently superior than any current high-end pc...there's no doubt that any high-end pc built during a console lifespan(5-6 years) will be way more powerful and thus better than said console, but any current high-end pc you can build won't be nearly as powerful as those 2 8th gen consoles.

User avatar
penguin321
Posts: 165
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 23:01

Post » 29 May 2013, 19:23

TheSeek wrote:
penguin321 wrote: To be honest the only exclusive I care about is Pokemon X and Y which is on the 3DS
Since the discussion was about home consoles and you didnt specify otherwise, it was reasonable to assume you were talking about home consoles. Handhelds are on a complete different level.
penguin321 wrote: And remember that No console EVER will even be comparable to the PC.
And i'm talking about them customly built PC's not them shitty Mac's
I didnt say anything about it, i didnt even quote the part about conosole vs pc, so this comment is pretty much useless, but since you seem so eager to let anyone know how pc's are better than consoles...according to game developers who already have Ps4 and Xbox One dev-kits, Ps4 and Xbox One are currently superior than any current high-end pc...there's no doubt that any high-end pc built during a console lifespan(5-6 years) will be way more powerful and thus better than said console, but any current high-end pc you can build won't be nearly as powerful as those 2 8th gen consoles.
A console is only an option if you don't know how/can't afford a customly built PC.
PC's are way more reliable than any console if you build it properly.
Besides consoles are extremely limited in terms of hardware, customization (*cough*soldered ram*cough*) and software.
A good customly built PC can last you years while a console lasts until they announce a new one

In short: If you don't have the money or skill, get a console.

EDIT
Just realized how harsh that last sentence sounds.
I'm not saying that anyone with a console is stupid and poor.
I need to word things better.

User avatar
Costinteo
Posts: 705
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 17:49

Post » 29 May 2013, 19:59

I own a PS3 just for them exclusives, honestly.
They are in my top list of the most amazing games I've played.

LitleBigPlanet 1 and 2, Heavy Rain (can't wait for Beyond: Two Souls), Red Dead Redemption, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Infamous 1 and 2 etc..

Only Xbox exclusive game that's probably worth it is Halo (probably, never played it though).

Note: I know Red Dead Redemption is Xbox too and it is indeed worth all the money if you have only one of the consoles.

(if anyone's interested, here's a quick list of all my PS3 games: LittleBigPlanet 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Assassin's Creed III, CoD Modern Warfare 3 which sucks I don't know why I bought it, CoD Black Ops II same as MW3, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption, Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, Infamous 2)

User avatar
TheSeek
Posts: 486
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 06:31

Post » 29 May 2013, 20:12

penguin321 wrote: A console is only an option if you don't know how/can't afford a customly built PC.
1)Except for the games that are both on console and pc, pc gaming and console gaming are 2 different ways of gaming.
2)Some games dont rely on graphics and fps, but on gameplay...if one of those games has better graphics on pc than console, there's no reason to play it on a pc, if you play it on a pc just cuz it looks better, then you only care for looks.
What im saying is that, talking about gaming, there are many reason to prefer a pc rather than a console as much as there are many reasons to prefer a conole rather than a pc. It all depends on what you wanna play and how you wanna play it.
penguin321 wrote: PC's are way more reliable than any console if you build it properly.
Besides consoles are extremely limited in terms of hardware, customization (*cough*soldered ram*cough*) and software.
A good customly built PC can last you years while a console lasts until they announce a new one
Were we talking about pc/console reliability? No we weren't.
Were we talking about how long can a pc/console last through time? No we weren't.
At this point I'll just stop answering you, as you simply shout out more reasons to enforce your point without actually answering or caring about what people tell you.

The last thing i can say is that a person who prefer pc gaming over console gaming just cuz "pc's are superior in every way imaginable" and "console is utterly shit" looks like a person who knows little to nothing about console gaming.

User avatar
penguin321
Posts: 165
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 23:01

Post » 29 May 2013, 20:22

TheSeek wrote:
penguin321 wrote: A console is only an option if you don't know how/can't afford a customly built PC.
1)Except for the games that are both on console and pc, pc gaming and console gaming are 2 different ways of gaming.
2)Some games dont rely on graphics and fps, but on gameplay...if one of those games has better graphics on pc than console, there's no reason to play it on a pc, if you play it on a pc just cuz it looks better, then you only care for looks.
What im saying is that, talking about gaming, there are many reason to prefer a pc rather than a console as much as there are many reasons to prefer a conole rather than a pc. It all depends on what you wanna play and how you wanna play it.
penguin321 wrote: PC's are way more reliable than any console if you build it properly.
Besides consoles are extremely limited in terms of hardware, customization (*cough*soldered ram*cough*) and software.
A good customly built PC can last you years while a console lasts until they announce a new one
Were we talking about pc/console reliability? No we weren't.
Were we talking about how long can a pc/console last through time? No we weren't.
At this point I'll just stop answering you, as you simply shout out more reasons to enforce your point without actually answering or caring about what people tell you.

The last thing i can say is that a person who prefer pc gaming over console gaming just cuz "pc's are superior in every way imaginable" and "console is utterly shit" looks like a person who knows little to nothing about console gaming.
Point taken.
"you simply shout out more reasons to enforce your point"
I don't see whats wrong with that.
I guess everyone has an opinion on the whole PC vs Console thing and I respect that believe it or not.
But I guess that the point you given about the exclusives is pretty decent.
I only wish they released Red Dead Redemption on PC looks like an awesome game.

Anyway I was thinking of building a custom PC at some point.
Anyone here who done so already care to give me some advice as to a recommended budget or suggested parts?

User avatar
Automatik
Posts: 1073
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 29 May 2013, 20:45

penguin321 wrote:Anyway I was thinking of building a custom PC at some point.
Anyone here who done so already care to give me some advice as to a recommended budget or suggested parts?
I didn't, but maybe you can have your advice here : http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc

User avatar
penguin321
Posts: 165
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 23:01

Post » 29 May 2013, 20:51

Automatik wrote:
penguin321 wrote:Anyway I was thinking of building a custom PC at some point.
Anyone here who done so already care to give me some advice as to a recommended budget or suggested parts?
I didn't, but maybe you can have your advice here : http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc
Thanks a lot!
I never thought of going on reddit since the layout makes me cry but ill try it.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 29 May 2013, 21:51

I have a PC and a Wii U. The PC is for any multi-platform game, and the Wii U is only for Nintendo's "first party offensive". Nintendo's own games are really what's keeping them alive, they make some incredible games that are only accesible on their own console. A PC is good for gaming, in my opinion, because you have more control over how you play. You can use mouse/keyboard, you can use a controller, whatever. I prefer playing FPS games with a mouse for the precision, but this is just a personal preference, many people prefer using a controller. Also, as we're nearing the end of the current generation's lifespan, the PC is vastly superior on power, so all the games look nicer.

User avatar
TurretBot
Posts: 4411
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18

Post » 29 May 2013, 22:18

Nintendo released the Wii U too early so now when the other consoles are released the Wii U will be experiencing a drought and therefor the PS4 and Xbox 1 lineups will be new and amazing (not to me) but Wii U won't have a single game being made at the time and that is why PS4 and Xbox 1 will sell a lot more than the Wii U. It doesn't help that a lot of people think the Wii U is gimmicky and didn't get it.

(This story sounds real familiar huh? Hint: Wii.)

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 524
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40

Post » 29 May 2013, 22:27

Wii U sales are increasing in the UK. Know why? The whole DRM/used games thing. X1 is going to have built-in DRM with constant internet connection, while Sony is going to leave the DRM thing up to the Publishers, while keeping the ability to play offline no matter what. Wii U is getting shit on by publishers because it DOESN'T have that, and therefore they're not making games for it, however this is gonna bite them so hard in the ass because everyone without internet or a stable internet connection is going to go to the Wii U (Or PS4, but most will likely go to the Wii U) so they will be missing out on a lot of profit.

Speculation is going around that EA saying that "Origin can't run on Wii U" Is because of the fact Nintendo isn't supporting the whole DRM crap.

User avatar
penguin321
Posts: 165
Joined: 03 Mar 2012, 23:01

Post » 29 May 2013, 22:29

Camewel wrote:I have a PC and a Wii U. The PC is for any multi-platform game, and the Wii U is only for Nintendo's "first party offensive". Nintendo's own games are really what's keeping them alive, they make some incredible games that are only accesible on their own console. A PC is good for gaming, in my opinion, because you have more control over how you play. You can use mouse/keyboard, you can use a controller, whatever. I prefer playing FPS games with a mouse for the precision, but this is just a personal preference, many people prefer using a controller. Also, as we're nearing the end of the current generation's lifespan, the PC is vastly superior on power, so all the games look nicer.
don't forget that the PC has 84 keys and the xbox has 15 buttons and 2 joysticks + most games on PC are moddable/customizable just like the machine itself while an Xbox and its games are strictly closed and modifying them could cost you a lawsuit.
The only downside of the PC is the exclusives.
consoles need exclusives in order to have a chance against the PC

HAPPYFACES
Posts: 524
Joined: 02 Jun 2012, 03:40

Post » 29 May 2013, 22:32

penguin321 wrote: consoles need exclusives in order to have a chance against the PC
That right there held so much truth, I laughed so damn hard.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 29 May 2013, 22:51

HAPPYFACES wrote:Wii U is getting shit on by publishers because it DOESN'T have that, and therefore they're not making games for it
I really doubt Nintendo care. No-one really wants games on Nintendo consoles that aren't made by Nintendo.

Camel_Wall
PERMABANNED
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 May 2013, 00:22

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:26

Heyy. I'm Camel_Wall, you might as well call me Camel or Cam. I like stuff, like camels. Hah... *cough*
anyway, I don't have much to say and I guess you can say that i'm a man of few words, but I can put up a good argument, so if you want, try me ;)

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:29

Hey dude, you seem like a pretty cool guy. Welcome to the forums!

Camel_Wall
PERMABANNED
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 May 2013, 00:22

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:31

Why thank you sir!

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:33

So, out of interest, how did you come up with that name? It's quite an unusual one.

User avatar
Qcode
Posts: 1476
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:34

I have a feeling your logic and reason will pale in comparison to Camewel, Camel_Wall

User avatar
Costinteo
Posts: 705
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 17:49

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:37

I have a great feeling about you Camel_Wall! It's great to see people still like camel and walls, they're just great, like you! Welcome to the forums!

Also, I don't see what you mean Camewel, Camel_Wall is the most average name I've personally ever seen. It's quite original too.

Camel_Wall
PERMABANNED
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 May 2013, 00:22

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:37

Well, you see, quite awhile ago, I was just a young man. I had a fascination with camels oddly enough, one night.. I had the strangest dream, Camels were jumping onto each other making a wall in front of me.. then they fell.. into a sand pit, and I cried. In honor of that dream, I used Camel_Wall as my username.. but keep in mind that this is the first forum site that I have joined, so this is my first time using it :D
Edit: Why thank you Qcode!
Edit again: and you Costinteo!
Last edited by Camel_Wall on 30 May 2013, 00:40, edited 2 times in total.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:38

That's a deeply touching story. I cried this time reading it, and probably many times later when I come back to read it again.

Camel_Wall
PERMABANNED
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 May 2013, 00:22

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:41

It was a devastating moment in my childhood.

User avatar
Costinteo
Posts: 705
Joined: 09 Mar 2013, 17:49

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:42

Your are bound to do great things, Camel_Wall. Only true heroes come with such a soul touching story. You are special.

User avatar
Qcode
Posts: 1476
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:45

So camel_wall what are your views on color palettes?

Camel_Wall
PERMABANNED
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 May 2013, 00:22

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:53

What do you mean?
If I like them being restricted?

User avatar
Qcode
Posts: 1476
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00

Post » 30 May 2013, 00:54

That's basically what a color palette is. A set of colors that can be used for pixel art to make art look more consistent.

Camel_Wall
PERMABANNED
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 May 2013, 00:22

Post » 30 May 2013, 01:00

I know that, I meant as restricted as the NES was, but yes, I do quite like having a color palette, as long as it isn't too dark , and not excessive use of bright colors either. I think the best palette is one which is filled with a few bright, a few dark colors, and medium colors that aren't hard on the eyes, as long as it still stays bright enough for enjoyable play.
(You have to have some sandy yellow and brown in there for sand walls and camels though.)

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 30 May 2013, 01:01

What are you talking about, dude? I never liked restricting colours for the sake of restricting colours.

Camel_Wall
PERMABANNED
Posts: 36
Joined: 30 May 2013, 00:22

Post » 30 May 2013, 01:02

But.. that's not what I was saying at all..
I was saying that I like restricting it because it looks better.. Not that restricting it for the sake of restricting it is bad.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 30 May 2013, 01:06

Why do less colours look better? That makes no sense dude gosh sometimes you're so silly.

User avatar
Lawnboy
Posts: 836
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 02:24

Post » 30 May 2013, 01:06

Camel_Well would have been better :<
step it up camewel

User avatar
Bonko
Posts: 459
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 00:59

Post » 30 May 2013, 01:07

I don't like pallettes. However, I use them to remember cool looking colors while still using new colors.