Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Chat "Room" v2

If it doesn't fit elsewhere, it should go here
WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1239
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 07:36

Image

Something big is coming...

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 07:46

I like it but there's to much happening in the background.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1239
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 08:01

renhoek wrote:I like it but there's to much happening in the background.

The background is foreshadowing. It won't be part of the actual background.

TheSeek
User avatar
Posts: 486
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 06:31

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 10:53

That crystal/transparent pipe is a nice touch.

Wilo
User avatar
Posts: 970
Joined: 14 Feb 2013, 06:36

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 21:19

so anyways
i fucking did it
i did the thing
and now it's done
the thing has finally been accomplished
the gift was yes
i repeat
the gift was yes!

Automatik
User avatar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 21:59

what

copy
User avatar
Posts: 475
Joined: 17 Apr 2012, 16:29

Post » 16 Feb 2014, 23:18

Oh shit.

Turtley3
User avatar
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 16:16

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 02:11

I stopped posting because of internet problems, and that it's now fixed, I can see all the things I missed.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 02:30

WiloKing wrote:so anyways
i fucking did it
i did the thing
and now it's done
the thing has finally been accomplished
the gift was yes
i repeat
the gift was yes!

I searched this on Google because this sounded like a reference, and all I could find were
-"Narcissism"
-"The apocalypse is contained in metal music"
-"Bitcoin should die in a fire"
-"Jack Nicholson in The Shining"
-This Wikipedia article

What the hell??!

No really what are you talking about I'm super curious now :D

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 02:32

He gave his lady friend a valentine gift for valentines day after having problems with that lady friend or something.

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 02:34

You mean you don't know what he's talking about?

He's talking about the thing he was going to do at the place with the person to the something.
And now it's been done.
He did the thing
And the gift was yes.

We can all sleep soundly know.

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1836
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 04:34

Image

TripleXero
User avatar
Posts: 892
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 00:23

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 04:47

So, I'm making an actual game. Not a mod, not a remake, not a crappy remake. Here's a title screen:
Image

If I had to compare the gameplay to anything, if you've ever played Pokemon R/S/E, the gameplay is somewhat similar to the puzzles in one of the gyms (the one with ice on the floor) and the tower where Rayquaza is located

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 04:48

@pokemon twitch
it's simply amazing to watch a million people try take around 8 hours to make 1 minute of progress.
quite frankly the idea that they're making any progress at all is amazing.
Last edited by renhoek on 17 Feb 2014, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.

Turtley3
User avatar
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 16:16

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 04:48

I forgot where the character template is. If anyone knows, link to the post.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 12:47

renhoek wrote:@pokemon twitch
it's simply amazing to watch a million people try take around 8 hours to make 1 minute of progress.
quite frankly the idea that they're making any progress at all is amazing.

it works somewhat like a focused RNG, as all the buttons are being spammed, but the right ones are being spammed more, so on any given frame, you have a 40% chance of going the right way, and a 20% chance of going the wrong way (with a 40% chance of moving side to side, with no real effect), meaning you can very slowly progress in the right direction.
someone I know did set up a pure RNG in the hopes it'd beat the game eventually, it passed something like 70 hours and never left the starting town

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 466
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 21:26

Lol I don't get what this is.

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 23:24

So, I finally got the money to get myself new parts for a new computer. I'll probably starting building this thing on thursday or something. But damn, am I happy that I'm finally leaving Windows XP and a shitty computer.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1239
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 17 Feb 2014, 23:52

mindnomad wrote:So, I finally got the money to get myself new parts for a new computer. I'll probably starting building this thing on thursday or something. But damn, am I happy that I'm finally leaving Windows XP and a shitty computer.

YES! JOIN THE LINUX MASTER RACE--
wait you're probably using win8 now aren't you

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 466
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 01:06

WillWare wrote:
mindnomad wrote:So, I finally got the money to get myself new parts for a new computer. I'll probably starting building this thing on thursday or something. But damn, am I happy that I'm finally leaving Windows XP and a shitty computer.

YES! JOIN THE LINUX MASTER RACE--
wait you're probably using win8 now aren't you

Win8 > Linux

Vakema123
User avatar
Posts: 423
Joined: 26 Jan 2014, 21:24

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 01:32

jwright159 wrote:
WillWare wrote:
mindnomad wrote:So, I finally got the money to get myself new parts for a new computer. I'll probably starting building this thing on thursday or something. But damn, am I happy that I'm finally leaving Windows XP and a shitty computer.

YES! JOIN THE LINUX MASTER RACE--
wait you're probably using win8 now aren't you

Win8 > Linux


"Oh, look im going to click this thing in the corner... AGHAGHGAHG!

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 01:34

jwright159 wrote:Win8 > Linux

I honestly don't know how to respond to this
I'm too shocked that anyone could even think this to come up with some sarcastic response, I'm too scared for the fate of humanity to make a joke (which would probably be about my mother and only a select few of you people would understand it...), and I don't even have a Linux and I'm still compelled to respond to this
Do you even -
But -
But -
How could you possibly think that Windows 8 is superior to anything?!
Like even if you thought Linux was some gang lingo for LSD or something I'm still not exactly sure I'd agree with this!
I don't even

(Even besides the fact that Linux is in some ways better than ALL Windows OS versions too)

...

Windows 8 is bad and you should feel bad

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 466
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 01:38

Not at all

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 01:55

Oh okay rats you got me my opinion is forever changed your argument is totally right and valid
Hey guys I've had an epiphany! Windows 8 is the most valuable thing in the universe! JUST LIKE STEVE BALLMER'S SOUL

if you're saying Windows 8 is better just because it's the OS that you use then that is a terribly ignorant and not understandable thing to do by the way, in all seriousness.
Because that's about the only way I can possibly see anyone making that argument
I use Windows 7 but I'll gladly admit that some aspects of Linux is way better.
I'll never deny the fact that Windows 8 is garbage though.
Better yet, why not just hate everything?
I'm gonna start doing that.

YAY GUYZ I HAD ANOTHER EPIPHANY! ALL INVENTION MADE BY CORPORATIONS ARE TERRIBLE AND WE SHOULD HATE THEM
(unless the corporation is Valve)
(dah dah dah corporations) --Pointless references
--Wait this isn't code what am I even doing

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 02:11

I like windows for its high compatibility and OSX for its high ease of use.
Linux has neither so I don't see the point.

MM102
User avatar
Posts: 1016
Joined: 11 May 2012, 06:08

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 02:24

7 > 8

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 02:25

Gabe Newell could probably answer your doubts about Linux, Camewel.

MM I couldn't agree with you more.
Because agreement isn't a numerical value it's a boolean.

idiot9.0
User avatar
Posts: 1713
Joined: 09 Mar 2012, 10:28

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 03:20

Choice of operating system varies between people. I myself like the look and feel of Win.8. I know it's not the best but it looks and feels nice to me. But that's my opinion. (I also don't have it currently but I probably will come next PC purchase which should be soon)
It's based on needs and other factors. Some like OSX, others like Linux, and a very minor group likes Vista for god knows why. It's just based on taste and what it's used for.
So end your stupid little Master OS Race comments because you're all being silly and most likely won't change anyone's mind.

Also Jwright you're still an idiot. Had to get that out of the way.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1239
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 03:28

This is what happens when people take jokes seriously.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 03:30

WillWare wrote:This is what happens when people take jokes seriously.

Hey it's like every other website.

Seriously though it was just a couple people being stupid, don't let it get to you.

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1137
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 03:34

WillWare wrote:This is what happens when people take jokes seriously.


Nobody was taking jokes seriously until jwright did that bad joke quoting your comment.

Idiot, thanks for saying what i was thinking, except for the Win8 part, i like using Win7, but all i have is a WinXP.

BobTheLawyer
User avatar
Posts: 2240
Joined: 01 May 2012, 21:00

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 03:35

It's just like Vista, people don't like 8 because of the problems it had (8 mainly for compatibility).
At this point, 8 has been adapted and more things have been developed for 8 and there aren't many problems.
Just like how Vista got a lot better after Service Pack 1, but everyone still hates it.

I still use Windows 7. If I got a new computer I would go to Windows 8.
Windows 7 and 8 is more of a preferences choice at this point.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 03:45

idiot9.0 wrote:So end your stupid little Master OS Race comments because you're all being silly and most likely won't change anyone's mind.

Just putting this out there in case anyone wasn't aware: I was purposefully being silly. No offense to anyone that likes Windows 8 or anything, I was just making a joke. Sorry if I came off as an idiot because of it.
idiot9.0 wrote:Also Jwright you're still an idiot. Had to get that out of the way.

Once again you're the guy that says what's on everyone's minds but no one else had the guts to say it. Props to you :)

As far as actual conversation goes, I don't have Windows 8, but my friend's dad does (it sounds like a long connection but trust me I know a lot about it, I even helped him pick out the computer in the first place), and I really don't like it.
There are all of these imposing features and background programs, and it's probably a hassle to remove those which you can remove, and I know for a fact that some you can't. the problem is that they try to offer all of these other ways to do things, and end up making it harder to do the kinds of things that people (or at least me and a lot of other people) are used to.
Windows 8 was built with handhelds/tablets in mind. It's blatantly obvious. Sure, you could compare a Windows 8 laptop to a WIndows 7 laptop, but do they even sell many Windows 8 desktops? No. And desktops are more powerful. I don't know. The system just doesn't feel very optimized.

So yeah. I completely agree that it's all down to preference and opinion, and I'm not trying to sway anyone's opinion, just lightening to mood a little and clarifying stuff.
B-Man99 wrote:I couldn't agree with you more.
Because agreement isn't a numerical value it's a boolean.

I hope people liked this joke
I put a ton of thought and effort into it
(Sarcasm. I did find it funny though)
WillWare wrote:This is what happens when people take jokes seriously.

We have a thread for that [/jokes]

TripleXero
User avatar
Posts: 892
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 00:23

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 05:36

Can someone help me with this? I have some code that (which isn't as simple as this, but it's the same situation) where I'm trying to do something if one of the things fits, but it only does if all fit

Code: Select all

problem = {}
problem[1] = 1
problem[2] = 2

for i = 1, 2 do
   if problem[i] == 2 then
      dothing()
   end
end

So this would only work if this was the case

Code: Select all

problem[1] = 2
problem[2] = 2

Is it possible to do this easily?

HugoBDesigner
User avatar
Posts: 2204
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 02:23

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 05:55

TripleXero wrote:Can someone help me with this? I have some code that (which isn't as simple as this, but it's the same situation) where I'm trying to do something if one of the things fits, but it only does if all fit

Code: Select all

problem = {}
problem[1] = 1
problem[2] = 2

for i = 1, 2 do
   if problem[i] == 2 then
      dothing()
   end
end

So this would only work if this was the case

Code: Select all

problem[1] = 2
problem[2] = 2

Is it possible to do this easily?


Are you sure you don't have anything else named "problem" too? I mean, this clearly should work, and it actually does - I tested here.

Do this to test:

Code: Select all

problem = {}
problem[1] = 1
problem[2] = 2

for i = 1, 2 do
        print("i = "..i)
        print("problem["..i.."] = "..tostring(problem[i]))
   if problem[i] == 2 then
                print("problem["..i.."] worked")
      dothing()
   end
end


I'm guessing you have LÖVE console on... This always works for me when I'm trying to get what didn't work...

TripleXero
User avatar
Posts: 892
Joined: 08 Aug 2012, 00:23

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 06:12

Maybe my situation got too simplified compared to what it really is. I didn't want to post a real example because it might be confusing out of context/look like messy shit because I suck at coding/showing the actual situation on here would likely need to involve me posting my game to the public before I actually want it out yet

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 06:57

WillWare wrote:
mindnomad wrote:So, I finally got the money to get myself new parts for a new computer. I'll probably starting building this thing on thursday or something. But damn, am I happy that I'm finally leaving Windows XP and a shitty computer.

YES! JOIN THE LINUX MASTER RACE--
wait you're probably using win8 now aren't you

Actually, I'm getting Windows 7...

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 10:41

Windows 8 launches pretty quickly (4seconds)
I can't play a lot of games though. (Gamemaker games whyyyyyy)

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 11:03

Flutter Skye wrote:Windows 8 launches pretty quickly (4seconds)

This is normally because of hardware.
Flutter Skye wrote:I can't play a lot of games though. (Gamemaker games whyyyyyy)

I used windows 8 once (it was awful) but from my experience it's normally when a sound plays over the top of the same sound to many times (even if this didn't create an error it's still bad programming).

So just try to avoid shoty fan games.

Flutter Skye
User avatar
Posts: 1718
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 17:54

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 11:11

But..
Image
Is a great game.
I hate windows 8.

mindnomad
User avatar
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 14:43

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 16:27

So I finally got around to watching Bad Things That Could Happen and Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 2.

BTTCH is definitely much more friendlier than DHMIS1+2 and is pretty creative in its own way (no "creativity" jokes intended).
DHMIS2 Was pretty cool too. The new animation techniques they used were pretty cool to watch. I can see why some people think the 2nd one is scarier, but I feel that that's only because you see the 3 main characters suffering near the end. I still feel like the first one was creepier than the second, though I enjoyed all of them.

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 19:56

So the question remains
Should I switch back to the clock avatar like I have been every time someone mentions DHMIS, or should I keep this one?
Because I'm starting to really like the whole "edit" thing

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1137
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 20:09

I think you should keep the "edit" thing, but use a better image, i hate .jpeg.
This is a suggestion:
Image

B-Man99
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
Posts: 1922
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 00:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 20:48

But I used a png?

Automatik
User avatar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 22:07

The majenta of the EDIT letters look like they are spilling on the next pixels, which is why Hans though you were using a jpg.
On another subject, I LOVE Redshift. I don't get why it's not pre-installed on every computer.

WillWare
User avatar
Posts: 1239
Joined: 08 Mar 2012, 04:35

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 22:13

Automatik wrote:On another subject, I LOVE Redshift. I don't get why it's not pre-installed on every computer.

Because there's also f.lux.

Automatik
User avatar
Posts: 1076
Joined: 20 Jul 2012, 17:54

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 22:31

Yeah, sure. When I said Redshift I meant every software to do something like this.

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 22:49

Automatik wrote:On another subject, I LOVE Redshift. I don't get why it's not pre-installed on every computer.

I like something! Therefore, everyone else must like it!!

...nope no logical holes in this argument

jwright159
User avatar
Posts: 466
Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 22:26

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 22:51

idiot9.0 wrote:Also Jwright you're still an iidiot

Thx I like idiots ;D

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1137
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51

Post » 18 Feb 2014, 23:06

jwright159 wrote:Thx I like idiots ;D

Camewel wrote:I like something! Therefore, everyone else must like it!!

...nope no logical holes in this argument


Also, you're STILL an idiot and you have to be ashamed.


Return to “Twatter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Boom boom boom boom I want you in my room Let's spend the night together From now until forever Boom boom boom boom I wanna double boom Let's spend the night together Together in my room, ßaßo, Žaso and 0 guests