Lines, an idea to make a game.

Feel free to showcase your own projects!
HansAgain

Post » 18 Dec 2013, 17:43

First of all, it's the first time i write an english text this long, there will be grammatical mistakes.

Yesterday i decided to tell someone the concept of a game i was making since three months ago.
It's about a guy (like a stickman) using lines to link one thing to another.
Here is a image:

You draw a line starting in the bonfire, the line start to consume, if it gets you, you explode, like a bomb, you have to end the line before that, when the fire consume all the line, it falls down, if it hits the ground, it will goes out, if it fall in another bonfire (but without fire), it lights the fire, and it will activate things like open a door.

It will be able to link another things, lightings, light, maybe water.

Lightings, that is energy: you can only link it if the battery (the generator of the energy) is off, if it's on, it will kill you, if you don't end of linking it (you leave the line unfinished), when the battery is on, the line will shot a lightning (ray/beam/whatever) in a straight line.

Light: it's not necessary to link, it will be useful to illuminate the path to the exit of the levels with no light, but there will be a machine that needs light to activate things.

Water: It will be linked from a small puddle or whatever to elsewhere, the water will follow the line and fall down when it reachs the end (the line will be still there, not like the fire), the water will be useful to extinguish fire, activate hydroelectric turbines, link energy without using lines with it.

Buttons and switches will be in the game, too

There will be zones where you can't draw lines, zones where you can't pass, but the elements do, and vice versa.

I had this idea long time ago, i tryed to learn lua, but i can't even do that thing of the hamster wheel, so if i do this alone, it will took me like 5 year, without counting the time i will need to learn Lua. I can do the sprites. If you want to help, tell me.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 18 Dec 2013, 19:56

Hans1998 wrote:I had this idea long time ago, i tryed to learn lua, but i can't even do that thing of the hamster wheel, so if i do this alone, it will took me like 5 year, without counting the time i will need to learn Lua. I can do the sprites. If you want to help, tell me.
I think I'm ready for such a project. If you want me to help you, I can. Just tell me via PM as much details for the game as you can :)