[Suggestions]Platforms and more

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
HugoBDesigner

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 14:36

I had these following ideas for Mari0 SE, but don't worry. They're mostly easy to create:

• Configurable jump: Each mappack could have an option to disable the Mario super jump (only 1 block jump);
• Diagonal surfaces: Like in the stabyourself.net post, that triangle surface could support portals and gels;
• Cleaning gel: Because the maps sometimes get fully painted, and we can't clean it;
• Bouncy cubes: Because they don't get painted and neither bouncy on already painted walls;
• Hazard liquid: Just placing a hole in the map don't get the same effect;
• Moving platforms: They could be activated/deactivated by some input, and we could set the distance of move;
• Moving panels: They can move from horizontal to vertical, to diagonal, upside-down and much more;
• Rotating Portal Gun pedestal: Together with some block that lets the portals pass, but not the player (like the bridges);
• At last, add the Old-Aperture cube and the Thermal Redirection Cube.

I'm sorry if it is asking much, but what can I do? I'm a huge fan of Mari0!

Firaga

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 14:40

HugoBDesigner wrote:I had these following ideas for Mari0 SE, but don't worry. They're mostly easy to create:

• Configurable jump: Each mappack could have an option to disable the Mario super jump (only 1 block jump); Already suggested
• Diagonal surfaces: Like in the stabyourself.net post, that triangle surface could support portals and gels; He said no already
• Cleaning gel: Because the maps sometimes get fully painted, and we can't clean it; I think this is already in (?)
• Bouncy cubes: Because they don't get painted and neither bouncy on already painted walls; I don't think this was asked
• Hazard liquid: Just placing a hole in the map don't get the same effect; Asked recently
• Moving platforms: They could be activated/deactivated by some input, and we could set the distance of move; Entity editor
• Moving panels: They can move from horizontal to vertical, to diagonal, upside-down and much more; Entity editor
• Rotating Portal Gun pedestal: Together with some block that lets the portals pass, but not the player (like the bridges); Already in
• At last, add the Old-Aperture cube and the Thermal Redirection Cube. Entity creation and no.

I'm sorry if it is asking much, but what can I do? I'm a huge fan of Mari0!

Automatik

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 14:47

Firaga41 wrote:
HugoBDesigner wrote: • Cleaning gel: Because the maps sometimes get fully painted, and we can't clean it; I think this is already in (?) I don't remember seeing this
• Hazard liquid: Just placing a hole in the map don't get the same effect; Asked recently Deadly tiles
• Moving platforms: They could be activated/deactivated by some input, and we could set the distance of move; Entity editor Do you mean custom ennemies? There is no gui for that, so it's not an editor. And it don't provide custom right click menu, anyways.
• Moving panels: They can move from horizontal to vertical, to diagonal, upside-down and much more; Entity editor You can't place portals on entities, they are tile-based

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 15:22

HugoBDesigner wrote:• Configurable jump: I'll think about it
• Diagonal surfaces: so you suggested something that was in a blogpost..?
• Cleaning gel: no
• Bouncy cubes: no
• Hazard liquid: spikes
• Moving platforms: already in
• Moving panels: no(t sure what you even mean, but no)
• Rotating Portal Gun pedestal: portal ents
• At last, add the Old-Aperture cube and the Thermal Redirection Cube. no
And stop saying entity editor. There is and never was such a thing and I never said there was.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 15:30

Firaga41 wrote:I had these following ideas for Mari0 SE, but don't worry. They're mostly easy to create:

• Configurable jump: Each mappack could have an option to disable the Mario super jump (only 1 block jump); Already suggested
Sorry, I haven't seen
• Diagonal surfaces: Like in the stabyourself.net post, that triangle surface could support portals and gels; He said no already
But with all these features Maurice could see if he want to implement them.
• Cleaning gel: Because the maps sometimes get fully painted, and we can't clean it; I think this is already in (?)
They aren't
• Bouncy cubes: Because they don't get painted and neither bouncy on already painted walls; I don't think this was asked
And this would be really usefull
• Hazard liquid: Just placing a hole in the map don't get the same effect; Asked recently
Haven't seen too, sorry.
• Moving platforms: They could be activated/deactivated by some input, and we could set the distance of move; Entity editor
Not everyone knows how to edit entity, and they probably don't support moving cubes and entities
• Moving panels: They can move from horizontal to vertical, to diagonal, upside-down and much more; Entity editor
But they need to support portals, and entities don't do this
• Rotating Portal Gun pedestal: Together with some block that lets the portals pass, but not the player (like the bridges); Already in
The pedestal yes, but they don't rotate shooting portals
• At last, add the Old-Aperture cube and the Thermal Redirection Cube. Entity creation and no.
It would be better if we don't need to create every new entity by ourselves, and it's just an exact copy of the regular cube (only changing the textures). This would be a good detail, and isn't hard to implement

HugoBDesigner

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 16:22

Maurice wrote: • Diagonal surfaces: so you suggested something that was in a blogpost..?
Not only this, but make them support gels and portals
Can we make custom spikes tiles? Because if yes, we can make them look like liquids.
They don't move cubes and entities, and can't be triggered (they're always moving)
• Moving panels: (not sure what you even mean, but no)
Panels that rotate when triggered. So we can change where to put portals or jump above with inputs
Oh, of course. I forgot it

Automatik

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 16:36

HugoBDesigner wrote:
Firaga41 wrote: • Diagonal surfaces: Like in the stabyourself.net post, that triangle surface could support portals and gels; He said no already
But with all these features Maurice could see if he want to implement them. I think it's no because too hard to implement
Not everyone knows how to edit entity They can learn., and they probably don't support moving cubes and entities They do(Masks).
But they need to support portals, and entities don't do this But portals are tile based, so it's impossible.
It would be better if we don't need to create every new entity by ourselves, and it's just an exact copy of the regular cube (only changing the textures). This would be a good detail, and isn't hard to implement It would be better if every imaginable ennemy existed like this. But no, and it's just a matter of putting "base=companioncube{}" into a "oldaperturecubecube.json" file, and a oldaperturecubecube.png next to it.
Edit: Oh, wait, Companion cubes weren't reimplemented as ennemies.

Turtle95

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 20:16

Maurice wrote:
HugoBDesigner wrote:• Configurable jump: I'll think about it
• Diagonal surfaces: so you suggested something that was in a blogpost..?
• Cleaning gel: no
• Bouncy cubes: no
• Moving panels: no(t sure what you even mean, but no)
• At last, add the Old-Aperture cube and the Thermal Redirection Cube. no
And stop saying entity editor. There is and never was such a thing and I never said there was.
I think by moving panels he meant:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wik ... gled_Panel

Superjustinbros

Post » 17 Mar 2013, 20:40

I remember Maurice saying it was an enemy editor, not an entity editor, even with how beneficial the later option would be. Why most of us (including me, from what I remember) suddenly said it would be an entity editor is mostly thanks to this GIF:Image

Place a modded Goomba inside instead of a hammer with…
*all properties of a Mushroom (disappear on collision with player, speed, hit from blow makes it jump, passes through enemies and Portal-based entities)
*damage upon contact
Congratulations! The ill-forgotten Poison Mushroom is born and ready for testing!

Automatik

Post » 20 Mar 2013, 19:30

It's not an editor , there is no gui for that .
And poison mushrooms are already implemented.