[Suggestion] Items and more

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
SmashSuperLuigi

Post » 03 Feb 2013, 02:04

Ice flower: Throw IceBalls, same like Fireballs, and freeze enemies.
Flying Mushroom: 'Use' Button To spin and fly.
Penguin Suit: Throw IceBalls, and 'Use' Button to slide.
SuperStar: (Not the same as rainbow star) To finish the level.
Grab Shells: 'Run' Button.
Grab Players: 'Run Button' + 'Use Button'

Legend_of_Kirby

Post » 03 Feb 2013, 02:15

Isn't a raccoon enough?

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 03 Feb 2013, 02:16

No. This is not NSBMWii.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 03 Feb 2013, 02:47

Then Make it New Super Mari0 Br0s

Superjustinbros

Post » 03 Feb 2013, 04:31

Picking up Players: NSMBW and NSMBU, unless done right is total nightmarish with this, especially how you can have your movement and jumps unintentionally lead to damage or death. If I suggested this, I'd prefer it to be more based on Rayman Origin's co-op system where if you hold up, you'd lift your arms up to make a platform, and you can stack other players on top of one another.

Also, player collision can be enabled with the "Player Collision" cheat in the Options menu. It's not picking up and tossing each other and even deliberately into traps, but it's the closest you'll get.

Picking up Shells: This'd be a better feature for certain maps, like 0' Brothers, but I don't really see it fitting anywhere else. Sure with SE having stuff from SMB3 I could understand, but SMW did shell tossing right. Holding up=toss it upwards, holding down=just drop the item without throwing it.

How I'd see this working in Mari0, the best bet would to include special variants of Koopas and Buzzy Beetles that would automatically be collected when you run into one, and then press Run to fire away.

Finish Star: I'd prefer this more as a block that beats the level when you strike it. It'd have a texture of a flashing star as seen in the SMB1 hack Super Mario Unlimited, which triggers his automatic walk into the castle/pipe/door/cave, finishing the level and giving out the time bonus.

As for the items, I really don't see much usage for them. We already have a flight-based form (Raccoon), Turtle already did the Ice Flower for his mod, and the Penguin Suit wouldn't work since there is no setting for slippery surfaces in Mari0.

Jackostar10000

Post » 03 Feb 2013, 12:47

It wouldn't be good in the main game but might be a good "extra mode" i really like nsmb but it may work as a extra mode like gelportal and minecraft

ZxandeAndSirPooping

Post » 18 Apr 2013, 16:11

The Iceball Idea is already in a mod but the rest is already too much , I already love raccoon suit , which is i admit already over powered when comes down to these plus Flying Mario might aswell have those spin blocks from the original New Super Mario Bros . , Penguin mario is just a combo a frog suit and iceball , it's so lame. and carrying koopa I think will be in se , i don't know