Kaizo Mario The 1 Level Kaizo Map

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
Cool Julian1204

Post » 04 Sep 2017, 01:50

This is my first Uploaded Map on Steam Stabyourself YAY!

Also if you Beat it you get a cookie and you get featured on Here but you have to give me video proof

Edit:Whoops I forgot its for Alesan99's Entities Thanks Qwertyman!

Here is the Link
http://www.mediafire.com/file/cvh28g4xo ... pack_3.rar
Last edited by Cool Julian1204 on 09 Sep 2017, 02:48, edited 3 times in total.

Qwerbey

Post » 04 Sep 2017, 04:19

This mappack is too hard. I can't even get into the first level!

But seriously though, you never said what version of the game this is for.

Cool Julian1204

Post » 05 Sep 2017, 23:22

QwertymanO07 wrote:This mappack is too hard. I can't even get into the first level!

But seriously though, you never said what version of the game this is for.
Also I play tested this level and I finished it
 I Just Playtested every part not finished it all in one try xD 

Eden GT

Post » 06 Sep 2017, 11:34

I really feel that creativity is pretty vital for a kaizo hack like this. I might have said this many times over other forums, but artificial difficulty- like a rampage of enemies in one given area and over usage of Koumei- invisible blocks spread just before a pit- wouldn't give you many marks in a mappack-designing competition.
And, grey portal blocks that are linked directly to overworld SMB blocks- with no backgrounds whatsoever (Not very neccessary, but it depends.)- doesn't look natural in a mappack. Consider designing the level terrain that looks kind of "right" you will have seen in other mappacks.
Consider adding some good puzzle like levels, like looping mazes with not too many enemies, can get effective in a mappack. Look closely at your mappack. Compare them with the best mappacks you have ever played. What major differences do you notice between yours and them?
Some years ago, while mucking around with mari0 and decided to make my own mappack, the style of it looks somewhat similar to yours. But after some time later (I was working with SMB instead of mari0 over this period), my maps and levels gradually began to get better. While I haven't tried making vanilla-type levels recently, try and be conscious while making mappacks. It will pay off.

Cool Julian1204

Post » 06 Sep 2017, 23:39

Eden GT wrote:I really feel that creativity is pretty vital for a kaizo hack like this. I might have said this many times over other forums, but artificial difficulty- like a rampage of enemies in one given area and over usage of Koumei- invisible blocks spread just before a pit- wouldn't give you many marks in a mappack-designing competition.
And, grey portal blocks that are linked directly to overworld SMB blocks- with no backgrounds whatsoever (Not very neccessary, but it depends.)- doesn't look natural in a mappack. Consider designing the level terrain that looks kind of "right" you will have seen in other mappacks.
Consider adding some good puzzle like levels, like looping mazes with not too many enemies, can get effective in a mappack. Look closely at your mappack. Compare them with the best mappacks you have ever played. What major differences do you notice between yours and them?
Some years ago, while mucking around with mari0 and decided to make my own mappack, the style of it looks somewhat similar to yours. But after some time later (I was working with SMB instead of mari0 over this period), my maps and levels gradually began to get better. While I haven't tried making vanilla-type levels recently, try and be conscious while making mappacks. It will pay off.
meh it was just a quick kaizo map i just made with not cheaplike with invisible blocks i thought just too add some thwomps in the beginning to get people off guard and the piranhas to dodge and keep off the classic keep off the ground type of kaizo and i wanted to stick to the classic Kaizo or  Asshole  Mario but thanks for advice i actually have a map coming up its supposed to be an unofficial plot to Mari0 

Qwerbey

Post » 07 Sep 2017, 05:34

Cool Julian1204 wrote:[...] i actually have a map coming up its supposed to be an unofficial plot to Mari0 
Okay cool, I've actually made that mistake before.

No, what you're planning is way too ambitious and you are going to end up hating everything about the project by the end. That's what happened to Qwertylevels.

Your best bet is to mess around in the editor until you find one, single mechanic to use for your mappack, whether it's an enemy, set of entities, or even a weird tile configuration. Make sure you have one central mechanic, and see how other mechanics already in the game interact with that. Then, make your levels so that everything teaches, serves, or interacts with the one mechanic you used.

Cool Julian1204

Post » 07 Sep 2017, 23:51

here is an old build that i have i had made the first level a bit hard because i would think someone would be good at their Mario before they came to Mari0
 Weirdly i got a copyright strike for this song (._____.) 
Anyways here is the link
Thanks I LOVE LUA its a sligthtly older build
Last edited by Cool Julian1204 on 08 Sep 2017, 20:46, edited 4 times in total.

I LÖVE LUA

Post » 08 Sep 2017, 00:33

For the youtube tag to work, you need to use the "full" url (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[VIDEO_ID_HERE], also make sure to remove the s from https).

For exemple, your post should have

Code: Select all

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0uZDnb2BTo[/youtube]
Also:
Cool Julian1204 wrote: Weirdly i got a copyright strike for this song (._____.) 
Yeah,  Nintendo doesn't really like when people use their games' songs .