Mario and the Interdimensional (More Like Game-Switching) GLITCH (Alesan's Entities 0.10.0, soon to be 0.11.0)

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
imgudman4567

Post » 09 Jul 2016, 03:18

Well, since Rikifive has given me permission to use her idea (and not steal it, since I'm a man of promise) of going through games in mari0, I proudly present: Image Just like Rikifive's idea, Mario will be going through out several games. And most of them are NES games, but some are of higher Bit and system.

Image CENTER:
-removed the images as they are not of use for the people
Screenshots:
-same as above-

Game List (World List):
(The Glitch = Glitched Fredbear since I love the idea of having a small subtle character be used to an advantage.)
EDIT: Cut Scenes have been removed from the list since the list is getting more games added to it (Once again, Thanks Justin!).
[Waiting List: Alfred Chicken NES, Grand Dad 7/Flintstones: Rescue of -whatever it is here-]
[List is subject to changes and switch arounds.]

Super Mario Brothers (Revising Map, 50% Done)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (Making a tileset for it once SMB1 is done)
Dr. Mario
Mega Man 1
Pac-Man
Kirby's Adventure
Donald Land (Getting Tilesets and such for it)
Tetris (NES)
Dig Dug
Earthbound
Sonic the Hedgehog
Tetris Attack
Super Mario World (Deciding on how to make it into a 2D perspective.)
Yoshi's Island
Undertale (Deciding on how the text-based system will work.)
------
(Boss Fight [Or Glitched Fredbear])

Don't be shy to suggest games. I am glad to hear your recommendations.
Last edited by imgudman4567 on 19 Nov 2016, 21:42, edited 12 times in total.

Qwerbey

Post » 09 Jul 2016, 04:04

imgudman4567 wrote:Undertale
Wait a minute, that game isn't for the NES. Also, that's a top-down game, are you sure it'll work in Mari0?

imgudman4567

Post » 09 Jul 2016, 05:44

QwertymanO07 wrote:
imgudman4567 wrote:Undertale
Wait a minute, that game isn't for the NES. Also, that's a top-down game, are you sure it'll work in Mari0?
Of course! Someone made it work in SMBX, so it sure can work in this much lower scale game. Totally One-hundo percento. And about the NES part, I did think about putting it in another category, but it's 8-bit too, so I added it to be at the end, just so it makes sense. AND, just with my Fredbear sprites, I could easily make the sprites I use correspond to the compatibilities of the NES.
I do like you pointing that out though.

TheTwoAndTwoly

Post » 09 Jul 2016, 15:21

imgudman4567 wrote: Earthbound
Earthbound is a 16 bit game. It's for the SNES.
EDIT: Nevermind. Didn't read fully

Squidish

Post » 10 Jul 2016, 02:58

imgudman4567 wrote:TEXT TILESET:
Y'know, there's an entity in Alesan's Entities that allows you to type NES text in any color you want in-game.

imgudman4567

Post » 10 Jul 2016, 05:35

Squidish wrote:
imgudman4567 wrote:TEXT TILESET:
Y'know, there's an entity in Alesan's Entities that allows you to type NES text in any color you want in-game.
(I knew someone sooner or later would mention this) Yes, I know so, but his NES text system does not allow many punctuation characters and lowercase letters. Besides, I'm using this for more than just text. I'm also using it for glitched assets.
Also I'm currently working on the animated tiles, as seen in my recent post in alesan's entites.

imgudman4567

Post » 13 Jul 2016, 02:04

Double post for a good reason: This is something I will also address in the main post, but I wanted to post it first JUST so you got it before-hand. THE LEVELS OF THE GAMES I INCLUDE WILL NOT BE ACCURATE TO THE ORIGINAL GAME. They will be including tiles from other games of their franchise and more complicated design than the originals. For example: SMB1 will have some SMM sprites and will have more puzzle to it. That was just a small thing I wanted to address. So now you can go on about your day or reply to this saying that I should've updated my above post because double posting sucks, or even reply something better than that. I also added a screenshot above, so check it out!

NightKawata

Post » 14 Jul 2016, 05:44

I'm going to take some time out of my day to give you some advice: STOP.
Stop trying to bite what you can't chew. I know you can't do it. You know you can't do it. I understand you're 12 and you've got ambition; so does almost every other 12 year old.

Here's the thing: You lack discipline. I recommend hitting the books, or getting trained by a professional.
Please also learn how to actually write a forum post.
I don't know why you're centering the text, but it fucks with readability. It also makes anyone with a brain cringe. I'm a hypocrite, but I'm doing it for example. I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish with this project, but I think you should stop. Your ability to create a playable game, is most likely "under costruction."
Much like all of your posts, there's no particular point; it's kind of like reading a jumbled mess and hoping things function. Kind of like when I program at 3am drunk. Nothing good happens.

Actually creating a Mari0 mod that switches game mechanics or adds several games worth of content is going to take you months. Especially by yourself, and especially if you were disciplined; however, since you're not, it's not going to get finished.

Go take a few steps back, and start with a simpler project; work your way up, and stop being pretentious. No master artist starts as a master, they tend to work themselves to that level.

What you're currently doing is not working.

alesan99

Post » 14 Jul 2016, 15:32

NightKawata wrote:
That seems unnecessarily discouraging.
I would understand writing that about someone trying to make a full game or mod but this is just a custom map for a game that already exists.
I've made some mappacks with a lot of levels and custom things without "hitting the books, or getting trained by a professional".

Just in case you misread the main post, he's only making levels with my mod, as stated in the title. It wouldn't require making an entirely new mod as the "game-switching" could be accomplished by simply creating custom tiles.

imgudman4567

Post » 15 Jul 2016, 14:17

Well, I have good news for you guys. I have completed level 1! (Yeah, seems like it should've took less time then to post this, but nope. It didn't. The reason being is that I worked on the tileset for part of the world mostly, just so I had it in the ready. If you guys would like, I can put the level text file and other needed things into a .zip folder and link it here. I'm personally proud of the detail, but I might work on it more later on.)

Also I just wanted to point these out, Night Kawata (Not that it's relevant, and I'm not arguing, just stating the facts.)
NightKawata wrote:1:--I don't know why you're centering the text, but it fucks with readability. It also makes anyone with a brain cringe. I'm a hypocrite, but I'm doing it for example--
2:--What you're currently doing is not working.
1: No one has complained about my use of centering except you, and if it truly is against the Unofficial (or even official) Forum Etiquette, someone would have said for my sake.
2: I am very much working. I am working slowly, yes, but still chugging like a train: towards my destination.
3 (I know there's no 3rd mention above but still, I want to say this): Also don't post things like that ON THE FORUM. PM someone about that like Julien did when he said that he didn't like the idea of FNaF in my mappack.

(Honestly I might remove this part someday if I feel like it, but for now, I'll let it sit here.)

TurretBot

Post » 29 Jul 2016, 07:49

while I agree with him on the centering bit, it wasn't annoying enough to warrant a post imo

MartinBott19

Post » 31 Jul 2016, 07:40

Woah! That's alot of games! Sadly i'm still using 1.6...

imgudman4567

Post » 06 Aug 2016, 06:33

MartinBott19 wrote:Woah! That's alot of games! Sadly i'm still using 1.6...
You sure bet it is a lot of games! And if any one wants to request any other games to be in it, I can make that list bigger! Remember, follow the rules to requesting games above if you want to request one!

Superjustinbros

Post » 28 Aug 2016, 16:04

You could probably benefit from featuring levels based on some more unknown/rare video games, since all the ones included in the OP are extremely commonplace games that everyone and their mother knows about (FNAF and Undertale especially caught my eye).

I'll list off several ideas for the 8-Bit side, most of them are Japan-only games so no wonder they'd be unknown to begin with.
*Alfred Chicken
*Armadillo
*Athena
*Atlantis no Nazo
*Batsu & Terry
*Bio Sensei Dan
*Bonk's Adventure
*Buzz & Waldog
*Cat Ninden Teyandee aka Samurai Pizza Cats
*Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers (both games)
*Clash at Demonhead
*Digger T. Rock: Legend of the Lost City
*Donald Land
*Doraemon
*Duck Tales & Duck Tales 2
*Felix the Cat
*G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero
*Hammerin' Harry
*Heisei Tensai Bakabon
*Hinotori
*Jetsons, The - Cogswell's Caper
*Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 3
*Kanshakudama Nage Kantarou no Toukaidou Gojuusan Tsui
*Kid Klown in Night Mayor World
*The Krion Conquest
*Kiteretsu Dai Hakka
*Layla
*The Little Mermaid
*Little Samson
*Lupin Sansei - Pandora no Isan
*Magical Taruruto Kun
*Mitsume Ga Tooru
*Mr. Gimmick
*Ninja Jajamaru - Ginga Daisakusen
*Panic Restaurant
*Pocket Zaurus - Juu Ouken no Nazo
*The Quest of Ki
*Saint Seiya - Ougon Densetsu
*Star Wars (either Namco's or JVC's will do)
*Tetsuwan Atom
*Ufouria
*Utsurun Desu
*Wacky Races
*The Wing of Madoola

imgudman4567

Post » 28 Aug 2016, 23:36

Superjustinbros wrote:You could probably benefit from featuring levels based on some more unknown/rare video games, since all the ones included in the OP are extremely commonplace games that everyone and their mother knows about (FNAF and Undertale especially caught my eye).

I'll list off several ideas for the 8-Bit side, most of them are Japan-only games so no wonder they'd be unknown to begin with.
*Alfred Chicken
*Armadillo
*Athena
*Atlantis no Nazo
*Batsu & Terry
*Bio Sensei Dan
*Bonk's Adventure
*Buzz & Waldog
*Cat Ninden Teyandee aka Samurai Pizza Cats
*Chip and Dale: Rescue Rangers (both games)
*Clash at Demonhead
*Digger T. Rock: Legend of the Lost City
*Donald Land
*Doraemon
*Duck Tales & Duck Tales 2
*Felix the Cat
*G.I.Joe: A Real American Hero
*Hammerin' Harry
*Heisei Tensai Bakabon
*Hinotori
*Jetsons, The - Cogswell's Caper
*Kaiketsu Yanchamaru 3
*Kanshakudama Nage Kantarou no Toukaidou Gojuusan Tsui
*Kid Klown in Night Mayor World
*The Krion Conquest
*Kiteretsu Dai Hakka
*Layla
*The Little Mermaid
*Little Samson
*Lupin Sansei - Pandora no Isan
*Magical Taruruto Kun
*Mitsume Ga Tooru
*Mr. Gimmick
*Ninja Jajamaru - Ginga Daisakusen
*Panic Restaurant
*Pocket Zaurus - Juu Ouken no Nazo
*The Quest of Ki
*Saint Seiya - Ougon Densetsu
*Star Wars (either Namco's or JVC's will do)
*Tetsuwan Atom
*Ufouria
*Utsurun Desu
*Wacky Races
*The Wing of Madoola
Thanks for the advice Justin, I'll try and do some research on these games and see which ones seem good enough.
(I already know what Donald Land is. Can't believe McDonalds made an NES game. But it's certainly gonna be on the list somewhere.)

And since I am here, let me give you a show of how detailed this mappack will be sometimes:

(This is part of a thing that will show you which game you will enter next. That rainbow text, if you were curious, was made by finding colors in the NES pallete that slowly changed into the next. It was a bit time consuming, but worth it.
Last edited by imgudman4567 on 29 Aug 2016, 01:29, edited 1 time in total.

Superjustinbros

Post » 29 Aug 2016, 01:16

You're welcome.
It's good to have some commonplace titles here and there that people can relate to and recognize more easily, and throwing in more obscure content could help stir things up a little.

imgudman4567

Post » 03 Sep 2016, 18:03

Ok, so I know this might be too early in the mappack's development to be shown, but I have been thinking about making a beta final boss so you can see what to expect from it.
If you guys like that idea, then I will put the current mappack for the small section of it into a ZIP with the needed tileset (when it is created).

imgudman4567

Post » 19 Nov 2016, 21:35

SORRY FOR THE INCREDIBALY LONG BREAK. I have been going to school for all of this time, as you might have guesses, but now I have some time to be doing stuff. I shall be trying to get lot's of stuff done so I can have the first 4 levels done and released before Thanksgiving break is over. Thank you for your patience!

(also sorry for the double post.)