Super Mario Bros (NES) Hack To Mari0 Alesan99's Entities

Mapping related threads and questions go in here!
agg1401

Post » 16 Jul 2015, 15:39

Hi, my name is Ayhan. My Engilish bad.

Super Mario Bros Hack rom mappack series alphabetic ranking convert to Mari0 Alesan99's Entities. Already good luck.

Map List;
1: AckII Art Mario, Air (Graphic Package: Ack II Art Mario)
2: Beginner, Alcatraz Escape from the Prison (Graphic Package) and Excite Mario Bros (Level Set: Collection Hack Set 1)
3: Cresent 1 and Cresent 2 (Cresent Pack)
4: EDS Mario (Graphic Package: EDS Mario)
5: Exrtra Mario Bros ve Flower Remix (Flower Mappack)
6: Frank’s 1st. (Jumping Lesson (Only 1. World)) (Graphic Package: Super Mario Bros)
7: Funny Princess (Haruka Haruka Ouro (Only 1. World)) (Graphic Package: Funny Princess)
8: Gradius (Gradius SMB) (Graphic Package: Mario’s Moon Adventure)
9: Giabbit (Graphic Package: Giabbit)
10: Glitter (Graphic Package: Glitter)
11: Kirby Mario Adventure (Graphic Package: Kirby Mario Adventure)
12: Kiri5 Star, Kiri7 (Kiri Challenge) (Graphic Package: Reign of the Koopa)
13: Legend of Zelda, The – Curse From the Outskirts (<- Graphic Package)
14: Luigi and the Christmas Quest (<- Graphic Package)
15: M Mario, Mario Enhanced (M Mario Season) (Graphic Package: Maria Mario)
16: Mario Goes Underground, Mario Tower (Mario Hell) (Graphic Package: Mario Tower)
17: Mario Mania (Graphic Package: Hyper Mario)
18: Mikamari 1 and 2 (Graphic Package: Bounce)
19: New Quest After SMB2j, The – Y.R.P.P. (Graphic Package: SMB2J)
20: New Strange Mario Bros (Graphic Package: SMB)
21: Old Pond, Diving Frog and Water Sound, Sakura (Graphic Package: Sakura)
22: Paper Sai, Strategy SMB (Graphic Package: Paper Sai)
23: Platina (Graphic Package: Platina)
24: Shmario – The Mario Brother’s ‘shroom Trip (<-Graphic Package)
25: Sirius Mario Bros Pack (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 mixture) (Graphic Package: SMB)
26: Star throwing stars Mario 2, SMB Challenge (Graphic Package: SMB Challenge)
27: Super Mario Bros. Killers (Graphic Package: Stronghold, The)
28: Super Mario All-Star Levels (Graphic Package: Super Mario Bros. SNES Sürümü)
29: Super Mario Bros. Island Of Darkness (<- Graphic Package)
30: Super Mario Bros. Rhino Version (<- Graphic Package) (Fan Remake)
31: Super Mario Bros. by goldenoad155 (<- Graphic Package)
32: Super Mario Evolution (Graphic Package: Super Mario Evolution)
32: Super Mario Remix – Toad Bros, Super Mario Bros W-256 (Water Edition), (Graphic Package: Super Mario Remix – Toad Bros)
33: Super Mario Unlimited (<- Graphic Package)
34: Super Mashroom (Graphic Package: Super Mashroom Remake)
35: Triple L and Triple R (Fan Yapımı) (Triple League) (Graphic Package: Rijitsu NES Palette Edition)
36: Tropical Island, Water Trap (Islander) (Graphic Package: Tropical Island)
37: VS. Airman, VS Yellow Devil (Most Likely Not allowed) (Graphic Package: VS Remix)
38: Waluigi Bros (Graphic Package: Waluigi Bros)
39: DLC: V.N. Oven Is Her
40: DLC: Mikamari 3
41: DLC: Super Mario Evolution 2

First phase convert map pack. It can wanting to help.

Image;

Coming Soon!
Last edited by agg1401 on 26 Jul 2015, 18:50, edited 2 times in total.

Eden GT

Post » 17 Jul 2015, 06:54

agg1401

Post » 17 Jul 2015, 09:57

Eden GT wrote:MORE SMB hacks for you:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/anz2w ... n_V2.1.zip
Thanks you Eden GT.

Superjustinbros

Post » 21 Jul 2015, 07:18

Sorry to break the spirit of things, though IMO, to classify something as a conversion, all the tile placement must match their original forms exactly.

I'm going to assume the enhanced Item and Used blocks are player-modded skins (thus they appear on every map played using your copy of the mod) so I won't make any comments about those.

The placement of all the clouds in that screenshot doesn't match how they're placed in the original hack, which, while only a cosmetic error, makes it in my eyes unfaithful to the original.

I'm also going to bring up, I highly recomend when capturing screenshots to play on either a x1 or x2 screen size with no graphic filters present.

agg1401

Post » 21 Jul 2015, 08:03

Good idea, I'll pass the end of this map. I'm dealing with now EDS Mario map.

Superjustinbros

Post » 21 Jul 2015, 20:10

Also just for reference, here's the first three screens of Air's first level (at least the version I have, correct me if it's not the one you're using)
ImageImage
The gap in front of Mario's position on the left is a ceiling of invisible blocks.

agg1401

Post » 22 Jul 2015, 13:47

Superjustinbros wrote:Also just for reference, here's the first three screens of Air's first level (at least the version I have, correct me if it's not the one you're using)
ImageImage
The gap in front of Mario's position on the left is a ceiling of invisible blocks.
Hi!

My notice, at the esrliest fixed. But, primacy EDS Mario mappack.

Note: There may be minor differences in the mappack.

Image;

List update.
Last edited by agg1401 on 22 Jul 2015, 16:15, edited 1 time in total.

Superjustinbros

Post » 23 Jul 2015, 00:41

...Yeah, that's not a port; that's a remake if you plan to take many liberties with the original level designs and just stick with Mari0's default tileset (or a tileset of anything other than the original hack's tiles).

If you wanted to do a proper port, the first two screens of 2-1 in EDS Mario would look exactly like this, tiles and everything:
ImageImage
If you need maps of the levels quickly, you can use SMB Utility or any editor of the original game.
Also, you shouldn't port/remake a hack in Alesan99's Entities unless it has elements from SMB2J (Lost Levels). AIR doesn't have anything from SMB2J, so you could get away with remaking it in vanilla 1.6. EDS Mario also doesn't have any items/elements of SMB2J, so you could remake that in 1.6 as well, unless you wanted to replicate the behavior of the springs in EMP Mario being half as strong as the ones in LL.

agg1401

Post » 23 Jul 2015, 07:27

Superjustinbros wrote:...Yeah, that's not a port; that's a remake if you plan to take many liberties with the original level designs and just stick with Mari0's default tileset (or a tileset of anything other than the original hack's tiles).

If you wanted to do a proper port, the first two screens of 2-1 in EDS Mario would look exactly like this, tiles and everything:
ImageImage
If you need maps of the levels quickly, you can use SMB Utility or any editor of the original game.
Also, you shouldn't port/remake a hack in Alesan99's Entities unless it has elements from SMB2J (Lost Levels). AIR doesn't have anything from SMB2J, so you could get away with remaking it in vanilla 1.6. EDS Mario also doesn't have any items/elements of SMB2J, so you could remake that in 1.6 as well, unless you wanted to replicate the behavior of the springs in EMP Mario being half as strong as the ones in LL.
Dressed latest graphics package could not figure to the castle. He'm dealing with. :D But I promise I will try to be very close to the original promise.

Superjustinbros

Post » 23 Jul 2015, 22:18

I do think you should learn how to rip tilesets from ROM hacks by using an emulator. That way you can use the original hack's tiles instead of vanilla Mari0.
There's a good number of tutorials floating around the forums.

TurretBot

Post » 24 Jul 2015, 03:28

or use splittiles.py

Superjustinbros

Post » 24 Jul 2015, 18:57

Even then you's still have to rip the tilesets manually, because just putting whole screenshots into that is kinda cheap since then you'd have a lot of duplicate tiles.

agg1401

Post » 25 Jul 2015, 09:18

Thank you to everyone who commented, I will try to test what you say.