[v1.1 - DISCONTINUED] Mari0:HEC (HugoBDesigner's Entities and Customization)

Mods, guides how to use and install mods go right in here.
Sunset_Moth

Post » 23 Apr 2014, 16:59

I may have to try this again.
This page is mine, it's for my portal to equestria blah blah I think everyone knows already, I said this like 10 times

jwright159

Post » 29 Apr 2014, 22:23

bubba_nate wrote:I may have to try this again.
This page is mine, it's for my portal to equestria blah blah I think everyone knows already, I said this like 10 times
I found this once before. Pretty clever though. When you're done can you show me how to do it with 260+ posts? I would really like to know.

Back on Topic!

@Hugo: When are you going to make v1?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 30 Apr 2014, 00:43

I'm gonna finish it when it is done. I can't have a specific day because I really don't know. There are several things I wanna add hat might take some time (like vertical scrolling and custom enemies - not as .json), and I'm also working on my first "official" game (for now it is called "Spacing Out"), so I can pretty sure tell that it will be over 2 months already :(

HugoBDesigner

Post » 03 May 2014, 01:24

Double post, sorry.

I've been looking through OOOOOOLD posts in this thread, and I've noticed that there were A LOT of things I said I was going to do but never did. With the Lua/LÖVE knowledge I have today, I can do most of them, so I'll be taking suggestions once again. This time I'll try to be more organized, though. Old suggestions or things already suggested will be considered first. So, what should I do next?

One of the things I'm gonna do is add a "Mirror" property to tiles (Alesan gave me mostly everything I need to make this, but I never did). I'll try to make the "player-dot-pointer" thing reflect too, but I can't promise.
I'm also going to make portals as entities, so I can control them without the need of a player. That means that "player(n) setportalid" commands for Commander will finally work. In layman's terms, you'll be able to shoot the blue portal while your co-op partner shoots the orange ;)

I don't like this long time until the Super Mega Awesome 1.0 Update. But there are SOOOO MAAANY things I wanna add that I simply get lost. So I'll make things as fast as I can, so you can just ignore this mod forever play this great version full of SE stuff in Mari0 1.6. I'll make it also a lot more compatible with vanilla Mari0 1.6, so you don't get so many bugs that you're already getting :)

EDIT: This is what I got so far, thanks to Alesan!

weee50

Post » 04 May 2014, 17:01

I get an error whenever I try to change a rightclick value. (i.e. the pipe's destination)

Error

editor.lua:2223: attempt to call method 'click' (a nil value)

Traceback

main.lua:3717: in function 'click'
editor.lua:2223: in function 'editor_mousepressed'
game.lua:5005: in function 'game_mousepressed'
main.lua:2948: in function 'mousepressed'
[C]: in function 'xpcall'

HugoBDesigner

Post » 06 May 2014, 10:54

weee50 wrote:I get an error whenever I try to change a rightclick value. (i.e. the pipe's destination)

Error

Traceback

[C]: in function 'xpcall'
This may be due to the implementation of the "More Worlds Mod". I'll check this for you, you can be sure :)

EDIT: Meanwhile, I've been updating the mirror blocks pointer thing. I still have to fix a few things, but it is mostly done!

In case you didn't noticed anything different from the last GIF I posted, look at the player's pointer...

EDIT 2: As for the last bug report, I already fixed it, weee50. It is gonna be all right in the next update. I also finished the pointer reflection thing. It is completely working now!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 12 May 2014, 02:50

So, as you're seeing already, this mod is going WAAAAAAY slower than ever. I'm not finding the motivation to keep it, and I've been working on other projects too, so this mod is going to be put on a "semi dead" state. That means that from time to time I'll update it, but I won't keep updating it as often as I usually did. That DOESN'T means I'll stop working on this mod, nor that I will not keep fixing bugs. I'll upload the latest version later, which includes the mirror blocks and the bug fix. Thanks for all the positive feedback you guys gave me through all this time. I love each of you <3

Villager103

Post » 08 Jun 2014, 21:16

Sorry for the bump, but can you make this mod compatible for SE, or is it already? It also says that my version of Love is not compatible.

Dav999

Post » 08 Jun 2014, 21:29

Villager103 wrote:It also says that my version of Love is not compatible.
You need Löve 0.8.0 for this mod.

Automatik

Post » 08 Jun 2014, 21:55

Villager103 wrote:Sorry for the bump, but can you make this mod compatible for SE, or is it already?
The point of the mod was (partly) to implement SE stuff.
Also it's a huge mod so porting to SE is very hard.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 08 Jun 2014, 23:14

1) As Auto said, this mod was partly to implement SE features (custom characters, animated blocks, underwater tiles and others). Porting it to SE would be insanely hard and probably take several months...

2) This mod was made in LÖVE 0.8.0. I tried to make it compatible with 0.9.0 and 0.9.1, but I was getting errors with music being played. To avoid problems, use 0.8.0.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 10 Jun 2014, 20:15

I hope you guys missed my updates, because I did! Here's a tiny little update, because I want to make (another) concept mappack to (try to) promote my mod (without success, again). I added two new variables to players: pointerx and pointery. They get which tile the player is pointing to, and returns their positions. They can only be got by the "get" function. Like this:
replacetile get(player1.pointerx) get(player1.pointery) = 8
This code would replace the tile you're pointing to by a question mark block.

I also added a variable that can be changed either via custom variables or via the command "globalvariable". Before this, you couldn't change the force that the knockback cheat would launch you, but now you can. You can make it either VERY strong or VERY weak. Here's what I came up with using these new commands:

(Coming soon - A.K.A eventually)

The three Aperture indicators shows, respectively, when I'm touching the floor (player1 touchfloor), when I'm grabbing a box (player1 holdingbox) and when I'm pointing to a certain tile ID (tile get(player1.pointerx) get(player1.pointery) = [tile id]). The x/v indicator shows when my mouse is being pressed (just so you know I'm not "cheating" somehow)...

Sunset_Moth

Post » 18 Jun 2014, 15:32

I need to take video of my trying to use your mod so you can see how easily it crashes.
I'm assuming it's only me that is crashing every five seconds and having a problem with "No level" when testing if I forgot to save. Testing should save the level, or at least make a temporary save.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 18 Jun 2014, 22:42

Testing DOES make a save. I really want to see you making a video, because I never got this problem. I also used to get a crash every 5 seconds when my mod was in version 0.9.1 or so (problems with the menu and stuff). So please, if you can, make a video. Maybe there's something else you're doing that's causing it and I can help you!

Snowburger

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 21:27

Everytime I right-click on an object(timers,gelpipe location)I always get a game crash when I click any part of the screen whilst on the selection menu.Here's the Crash Report - Error

Traceback

HugoBDesigner

Post » 23 Jun 2014, 23:57

Snowburger wrote:Everytime I right-click on an object(timers,gelpipe location)I always get a game crash when I click any part of the screen whilst on the selection menu.Here's the Crash Report - Error

Traceback

I think I got this error report before. It is already fixed for the next update. I'll update the mod later today, don't worry. Thank you for your report!

Snowburger

Post » 24 Jun 2014, 19:38

Sorry to bother you,but when are you going to update this to fix that crash I posted? I really want to use the cool stuff like timers and laser things

HugoBDesigner

Post » 24 Jun 2014, 20:30

Sorry for not updating it. I'll have a final exam on my English course today, but you'll have your crash fixed, don't worry.

Also, I have a little surprise to this mod. The people on Steam chat know about it, so it is worth it the wait!

Snowburger

Post » 24 Jun 2014, 21:13

Thanks.I've noticed the current version is 0.9.0 or something.Will the 1.0 update be a big one?I'd love some extra-cool stuff to be added!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 25 Jun 2014, 01:22

Snowburger wrote:Thanks.I've noticed the current version is 0.9.0 or something.Will the 1.0 update be a big one?I'd love some extra-cool stuff to be added!
Yes, it will. The 1.0 update will be the first "stable" update. That means that people will be able to use it without fearing making their mappacks incompatible with future or past versions of the mod. It will also have a lot less bugs and crashes (hopefully) and, even in future updates, people will still be able to use that version without problems. The last stable version I had was Mari0 +Portal v0.5, but there wasn't much to that version yet. The version 1.0 will come to release much sooner now. I had much more planned to it's release, but now I'm more worried of making the mod stable, so I'll work more on fixing errors than adding new features that may also be buggy. Thanks for your reply!

Snowburger

Post » 25 Jun 2014, 18:49

Sorry again,but do you know EXACTLY when you will update?Not to be rude,maybe I'm just impatient

HugoBDesigner

Post » 26 Jun 2014, 04:06

I'm uploading it right now. I'll update this post as soon as it finishes uploading.

BUT, I have to tell, this is not the final version. I got the current version I'm working on, so other bugs might appear. For the next stable version (not a beta), you'll have to wait a while. Sorry, but I can't tell you how long either, because I don't know...

EDIT: Here's the latest version. I will not update the main post yet because this version is unfinished. As I said, you'll have to wait a little longer for the next stable version.

Mari0 +Portal v0.9.9 beta 2

B-Man99

Post » 26 Jun 2014, 05:19

Why is this considered "semi-dead" ? You post updates often (which I have to say are looking really darn good) and version 1.0.0 seems to be getting closer
And closer
:D

HugoBDesigner

Post » 26 Jun 2014, 06:07

It was semi-dead, and pretty much still is. I haven't made much progress on the mod since the last update, but I have something still planned to "revive" this mod.
HugoBDesigner wrote:I have a little surprise to this mod. The people on Steam chat know about it, so it is worth it the wait!

Snowburger

Post » 26 Jun 2014, 09:18

Thanks so much for this!I've tested almost every feature of the mod and not got a single crash!YOU ARE THE BEST,DUDE!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 26 Jun 2014, 17:43

Snowburger wrote:Thanks so much for this!I've tested almost every feature of the mod and not got a single crash!YOU ARE THE BEST,DUDE!
Really? Not a single crash? Wow, I'm really impressed!
Well, thanks for the support, I really appreciate this :)

Snowburger

Post » 27 Jun 2014, 09:19

Thanks again.I was wandering if I could make a prequel to "Pop A Portal" using the Pop a portal tileset. It takes place before Aperture has been destroyed.It would be unoffical,of course, but I would credit you and post it on THIS forum only.It that okay?
(obviously I need your permission).Oh yeah,it requires the Mari0 + portal mod.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 28 Jun 2014, 03:25

Snowburger wrote:Thanks again.I was wandering if I could make a prequel to "Pop A Portal" using the Pop a portal tileset. It takes place before Aperture has been destroyed.It would be unoffical,of course, but I would credit you and post it on THIS forum only.It that okay?
(obviously I need your permission).Oh yeah,it requires the Mari0 + portal mod.
Sure, feel free! I am working on a co-op sequel for it (for a veeeeery long time actually), and it might take even more time (I need to finish the mod's stable update to work on it), so in the meantime it'd be nice to see my mappack revived. Thank you :)

Also, I don't see any problems for you to make a thread on the mapping forum. Posting the mappack here would only make it be forgotten as posts makes it go lost on previous pages and stuff. Also, you can make it "officially". There's no need to make it unofficial as you said. After all, you'll mostly make a prequel to my mappack AND to Portal 2 (my mappack is a sequel to Portal 2, by the way). So yeah, no need to formalities. Make it, share it and good luck with it :D

Snowburger

Post » 28 Jun 2014, 18:02

A Co-op sequel sounds AMAZING.I don't anyone has ever done a Co-op mappack for Mari0.And thank you again,I'm very grateful

Snowburger

Post » 29 Jun 2014, 20:01

Oh,and I have one more question:How do I use the Portal openers?I really want to use them!

Snowburger

Post » 29 Jun 2014, 20:07

OKAY,I PROMISE this will(proberly)be the last thing I post.So,Hugo,I know this is ALOT to ask,but please,please could you find a way to combine the Blue Portals and the Pop a Portal tilesets!I'm desperate!I understand if you can't,but I'd love you forever if you do.Thanks again.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 30 Jun 2014, 03:44

Please avoid making multiple posts in a row. Two posts in a row are slightly acceptable when you're adding to the discussion AND posting on a different day (like you did in the second post). For more things in the same day, you can use the "EDIT" button on your post.
Snowburger wrote:Oh,and I have one more question:How do I use the Portal openers?I really want to use them!
There are 4 portal-openers in my mod: one for each direction. With my mod you can also preview how they'll look in the level. Place them in the edge of a portalable wall. Then right-click it and choose the portal id (player/portal id). The player is one of the 4 players. The portal id are the first and second portals each player can shoot. You can then link it to somewhere you want it to activate.
Snowburger wrote:OKAY,I PROMISE this will(proberly)be the last thing I post.So,Hugo,I know this is ALOT to ask,but please,please could you find a way to combine the Blue Portals and the Pop a Portal tilesets!I'm desperate!I understand if you can't,but I'd love you forever if you do.Thanks again.
Here it is:
It took me some time to convert the Pop A Portal tileset from 16 tiles wide to 22 tiles wide, but at least now I can have it for future use, if I ever need. Don't worry, I organized the tiles in the same order it was originally, so if you were already using the Pop A Portal tileset you can just replace it with this tileset and everything will be still as you made :)

Snowburger

Post » 30 Jun 2014, 20:25

Thank you!In the mappack I mentioned earlier,I want to do the thing you did in Blue Portals,where you can't get the Portal Gun until a certain level(in Blue Portals' case,1-3).Could you please explain how you did this?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 30 Jun 2014, 20:44

I just added a Commander with the command player1 disallowportal2 and didn't link it (which means it fires as soon as the level start). You'll need to do this for each level if you want the blue portal only.

But if you don't want any of the portals, you can either have two commands (player1 disallowportal1 and player1 disallowportal2) and keep the portal gun OR (in a better way) have a command with players setplayertype mario. That makes you stop shooting portals AND not have the portal gun! To set it back in the same level, just use a players setplayertype portal Commander...

Snowburger

Post » 30 Jun 2014, 21:52

Alright,that worked.I also took the Pedestal animation from Blue Portals(if you dont mind).BUT,the pedestal animation is really glitchy.It's alright if you don't how to fix it,but do you know how to fix?(these past couple posts of mine have made me realise how picky I am!)

HugoBDesigner

Post » 01 Jul 2014, 04:19

I'll try to fix that when I get back to working on the Blue Portals mappack.
If I remember correctly, the pedestal is an animated Custom Indicator. If you right click it, there is an option to set loop. Disable it.
It may not be working 100%, though, but I don't think so. I'm having some problems with overlaydata commands (which I'm gonna fix too), but I don't remember having problems with custom indicators...

Snowburger

Post » 01 Jul 2014, 17:12

I have changed my mind.I am now making a Blue Portal sequel.I am REALLY sorry to disturb you again,but I need your permission.
:D :D :D

HugoBDesigner

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 02:25

No problem, you can do it too. Keep in mind, though, that I haven't finished my Blue Portals mappack, so I don't know if I'll add more storyline to it or not...

Snowburger

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 17:28

Okay,I just found the Mari0 SE edition.Does this mod work with SE edition?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 02 Jul 2014, 17:43

Snowburger wrote:Okay,I just found the Mari0 SE edition.Does this mod work with SE edition?
No. This mod is for Mari0 1.6 only. Actually, one of the first objectives of this mod was to reproduce some of Mari0: SE's features (when betas weren't accessible). SE is only a beta and has a lot of crashes (expected from a beta version, of course). Even though my mod also has a lot of bugs, I made it fully compatible with vanilla Mari0 1.6. I made an option for users to make their mappacks fully compatible with Mari0 1.6. Although you can't like convert your Mari0 +Portal mappack, you can at least make it not crash when you load it on vanilla Mari0. Test my "Blue Portals" mappack on vanilla Mari0, for example.

One last thing: if you're planning on making a big mappack, avoid using Mari0 SE beta, because it is almost always unstable and the way it loads levels may change drastically at anytime (as it already did already).

Snowburger

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 07:57

Thanks.Mario SE won't even load on my computer anyway,so I'll forget that :D

Snowburger

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 18:30

Hallo again!Just a question,are you ever going to add Excursion Funnels to the mod?That would be fantastic!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 03 Jul 2014, 22:36

Snowburger wrote:Hallo again!Just a question,are you ever going to add Excursion Funnels to the mod?That would be fantastic!
I want to, and I'll hopefully add them, but they're a little bit hard to do because they are 2 blocks long, which means I can't just copy-paste the code for lasers/light beams. They also need to be perfectly aligned to a portal to be able to be portaled. There are some other smaller details, but it's mostly technical.

But, over all, I think you can expect Excursion Funnels from this mod.

You can fake them with Commanders, though, but it's not the same thing...

Snowburger

Post » 05 Jul 2014, 09:13

How do I use Mashy Spike Plates? EDIT - Also,how do I create a new post on the StabYourself Forum?I'm finished with the first 2 levels of my new map pack(about Blue Portals' Rival,Red Portals) and I want to post the demo.I'm sure you know(I already looked in FAQ

HugoBDesigner

Post » 05 Jul 2014, 22:48

The Mashy Spike Plates are unfinished and bugging, so I wouldn't recommend you to use them for now. I need to fix them yet...

To create a new thread, simply go to the "Mapping" forum and click the "NEW TOPIC" button at the top of the threads.
Don't forget to share screenshots, otherwise people most likely will not download/play your mappack ;)

EDIT: So, some progress after so long. It's a small progress still, but I'm working on the most procrastinated feature of my mod: Vertical Scrolling (translation: higher levels)

Snowburger

Post » 06 Jul 2014, 00:51

Nice!It seems you are adding more and more SE features every day!

HugoBDesigner

Post » 08 Jul 2014, 16:50

Snowburger wrote:Nice!It seems you are adding more and more SE features every day!
That's one of the main objectives of my mod: having most of SE features and make it still compatible (as much as possible) with 1.6.

In other news, I missed making random GIFs, so I made this:

And how I made it:

As you see, I didn't need much to make a fuel-limited jetpack, and it is all possible in the current version!
I'm not sharing the commands because I don't think anyone actually would try it, but if anyone wants just ask me and stuff...

EDIT: Improved it by adding overlaydata to follow the player:

And how I made it:

See? It's VERY simple :P

Snowburger

Post » 08 Jul 2014, 18:41

Holy...ERROR ERROR-COULD NOT COMPUTE.That does look amazing though.And have you ever done any animating or something?I looked at your new profile picture and I thought I'd seen similar drawings in an animation somewhere....

HugoBDesigner

Post » 08 Jul 2014, 19:55

Thank you! No, I have never made any animation. Actually, I just made one so far, but it's not a big animation (8 frames only). You can see it on my Tumblr.

Snowburger

Post » 10 Jul 2014, 19:00

Hey!I know this is kind of half-obvious(No pun),but what would you want more - Portal 3 or Half-Life 3.For me,it's definitely Portal 3.