Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Hats?

Elbow
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 01:51
Reputation: 0

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 03:11

Seriously, what is the point of hats in Mari0? The game is supposed to be a crossover between Portal and Super Mario Bros. Why were these random hats on top of Mario's head added in? They don't really seem to add much to the game.

RWLabs
User avatar
Posts: 795
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 03:36
Reputation: 9
Contact:

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 03:39

Achievements? He probably added it to give you something to collect if you're bored.

And to look like an English gentleman.

Dr.H
User avatar
Posts: 30
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:41
Reputation: 0

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 04:18

Also, because there are a lot of TF2 fans. And TF2 fans love hats. In fact, if you don't love hats, I deem you as a communist. Only logical.

Moncole
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 22:56
Reputation: 1

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 04:24

You can get hats in Portal 2. Atleast on PC you can

Elbow
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 01:51
Reputation: 0

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 04:47

Moncole wrote:You can get hats in Portal 2. Atleast on PC you can

Really? I was not aware of that..

Raicuparta
User avatar
Posts: 533
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:07
Reputation: 27
Contact:

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 04:55

Weird that I didn't even remember about the hats you can get for the co-op characters of Portal 2... One of the few things I really don't like about valve, I mean hats that cost real money, seriously?

Moncole
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 22:56
Reputation: 1

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 05:05

Elbow wrote:
Moncole wrote:You can get hats in Portal 2. Atleast on PC you can

Really? I was not aware of that..

Only in multiplayer. When you beat the game you get a hat for Atlus and P-Body and you can buy them.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1385
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 336
Contact:

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 12:38

Hats are all the rage these days.

Plus then we can add 75€ DLC preorder exclusive limited purchase VAT excluded downloadable hat codes to unlock hats that are already in the game

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 72
Contact:

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 22:41

If you only need the codes and all your games are open source why not just hack them in? Any one with a bit of love2d knowledge could do it.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1385
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 336
Contact:

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 22:56

Qcode wrote:If you only need the codes and all your games are open source why not just hack them in? Any one with a bit of love2d knowledge could do it.

In the future I'll try to make sure that every joke post is marked

Because I honestly couldn't make it more obvious.

Raicuparta
User avatar
Posts: 533
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:07
Reputation: 27
Contact:

Post » 05 Feb 2012, 23:13

Maybe he's also joking, but in a not so funny way?

Camewel
Posts: 2996
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 21:32
Reputation: 35

Post » 06 Feb 2012, 00:05

Sašo wrote:
Qcode wrote:If you only need the codes and all your games are open source why not just hack them in? Any one with a bit of love2d knowledge could do it.

In the future I'll try to make sure that every joke post is marked

Because I honestly couldn't make it more obvious.


This is why we need [sarcasm] tags. It rewords what you are saying in such a way that it's really obviously sarcastic so only a... wait no...

Qcode
User avatar
Posts: 1466
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 18:00
Reputation: 72
Contact:

Post » 06 Feb 2012, 00:44

Not sure if I should be delighted I got a response from one of the stabyourself team members or sad because I managed to get myself offended by him.

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 06 Feb 2012, 00:47

"getting offended by a member of the team" --> tautology

Sašo
Stabyourself.net
User avatar
Posts: 1385
Joined: 06 Jan 2012, 12:07
Reputation: 336
Contact:

Post » 06 Feb 2012, 00:48

Right, because we're generally about as hard to reach as the Queen of England.

(Hopefully you're not offended by that as well because I'm honestly not trying to be a prick or anything)

RabidJellyfish
User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:49
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Feb 2012, 00:50

Sašo wrote:Right, because we're generally about as hard to reach as the Queen of England.

(Hopefully you're not offended by that as well because I'm honestly not trying to be a prick or anything)


Watch out, or people will start thinking your being sarcastic when you say you're NOT trying to be a prick.

Bal0rCIM
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 13:32
Reputation: 0

Post » 06 Feb 2012, 13:42

fun
Have you ever heard of that, douche?

Elbow
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 01:51
Reputation: 0

Post » 07 Feb 2012, 00:47

Bal0rCIM wrote:fun
Have you ever heard of that, douche?

Oh, I forgot, I'm a douche because I had a decent question to ask.

Pyrosaur
User avatar
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 07 Feb 2012, 00:57

wwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

trosh
User avatar
Posts: 1596
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 08:36
Reputation: 8
Contact:

Post » 07 Feb 2012, 02:14

Pyr0saur wrote:wwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

k-end, I can't wait for it to begin either.

USB Connector
User avatar
Posts: 13
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 04:17
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Post » 07 Feb 2012, 03:58

"What's the point of hats in mario?"

Who doesn't like hats? I want a burka and one of those crazy warm russian hats in the game.

Winning
User avatar
Posts: 60
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 01:48
Reputation: 1

Post » 07 Feb 2012, 04:22

USB Connector wrote:"What's the point of hats in mario?"

Who doesn't like hats? I want a burka and one of those crazy warm russian hats in the game.


I'd like a fedora with a long, purple feather. Mari0 needs a pimp.

Aprilgold
Posts: 2
Joined: 07 Feb 2012, 13:46
Reputation: 0

Post » 07 Feb 2012, 13:50

Raicuparta wrote:Weird that I didn't even remember about the hats you can get for the co-op characters of Portal 2... One of the few things I really don't like about valve, I mean hats that cost real money, seriously?


Their for looks, hating somebody for charging something that does nothing to gameplay is literally like a Donate button on a indie game dev's site. It doesn't affect their games released, but its generous to do.

-Melon-
User avatar
Posts: 28
Joined: 01 Mar 2012, 03:00
Reputation: 0

Post » 01 Mar 2012, 13:17

Hats... I WANT TEH GHASTLY GIBUS MAKING A COMEBACK IN MARI0 D:


Return to “Mari0”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests