Possible to use different tile sets in different stages?

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
MF064DD

Post » 17 Jan 2016, 20:11

I may have been making maps since 2014, (not a long time) and I'm still learning as I go.

I had migrated from SMBX to Mari0 when I had bought a Macintosh. That's because SMBX wasn't supported for Mac OS X.
With SMBX, you could use different GFX and SFX in different levels. It was until recently that I remembered this.

So that brings up the question: Possible to use different tile sets in different stages?
If this isn't possible, I apologize for making a useless topic.

EDIT: Problem Solved (For SE)

TurretBot wrote:And now for something completely different... AN EXPLOIT!

Make the first image graphics/smbtiles.png in your mappack, and the second one as both graphics/portaltiles.png and the normal tiles.png.
Congrats! Now you have like 4 tilesets worth of tileset to play with, and not even screwing up the SMB or Portal tilesets while you're at it.
Last edited by MF064DD on 17 Jan 2016, 21:53, edited 3 times in total.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 17 Jan 2016, 20:17

Just place all the tilesets together in a single tileset. I'm not too sure on what you mean, but I think it's about having different tileset files, not just different tiles.

MF064DD

Post » 17 Jan 2016, 20:42

HugoBDesigner wrote:Just place all the tilesets together in a single tileset. I'm not too sure on what you mean, but I think it's about having different tileset files, not just different tiles.
Well, this sorta answers my question. Thanks. I'll try that.

TurretBot

Post » 17 Jan 2016, 21:31

in SE you can replace the default SMB and portal tilesets
in tileset repositorium i devised a way to exploit this for more tilesets
TurretBot wrote:And now for something completely different... AN EXPLOIT!

Make the first image graphics/smbtiles.png in your mappack, and the second one as both graphics/portaltiles.png and the normal tiles.png.
Congrats! Now you have like 4 tilesets worth of tileset to play with, and not even screwing up the SMB or Portal tilesets while you're at it.

...the answer to your question is still "no" though

MF064DD

Post » 17 Jan 2016, 21:52

TurretBot wrote:in SE you can replace the default SMB and portal tilesets
in tileset repositorium i devised a way to exploit this for more tilesets

(2nd quote)

...the answer to your question is still "no" though
This is actually a very creative idea. Thanks.

Superjustinbros

Post » 31 Jan 2016, 17:49

I still think a way for Mari0 to read multiple individual tileset files would be a great feature considering how bad the mouse wheel scroll is when it skips large portions of a massive tileset. Plus it'd help for easier sorting.

Though I've brought up that idea far too many times.

BobbyJones

Post » 14 Feb 2016, 07:19

Superjustinbros wrote:I still think a way for Mari0 to read multiple individual tileset files would be a great feature considering how bad the mouse wheel scroll is when it skips large portions of a massive tileset. Plus it'd help for easier sorting.

Though I've brought up that idea far too many times.
Then add that to the game your self and make a pr to the future of mari0. It even runs in the web.
https://github.com/radgeRayden/future-mari0