You didn't say which version of SE; it's for Beta 8. Also, there's already a mappack called "Mari0 Adventure
". There's also "Mario's Advernture search
" and "Super Mario Adventures
", not to mention the SMB3 romhack Mario Adventure
. Another thing is that, in your post, you should list everyone whose enemies you used, which I know includes Alesan99, alex gahh, renhoek, TurretBot, and myself (you should do this too, zeverse). Lastly, this should be in the mapping subforum; that's why we have that.The Actual Mappack:General:
- Those god damned repeating scrips. If you start the animations with "Disable This Animation" they'll only play once per level load.
- Now about the size: please cut everything you don't use, especially the music and that .love file.
- Try to keep it to about one music track per world.
- You only need the pipe entities on the right or bottom tiles for vertical and horizontal pipes, respectively.
- You also only need one fizzler, bill start, and bill end entities for every Y position.
- What's with those forced small segments after most Bowser battles. I imagine that they're to keep you from skipping, but they just don't work.
- Even in levels there are a few places where you can get stuck if you're big.
- In the hubs, you should clearly show which pipes take you back.
- Actually, I'm not sure the hubs even work. Like, what's keeping you from skipping World 6. Still, they're interesting, and set this mappack apart.
It's alright. There's not much to say about it, except that it has a few empty levels.World 3:
These levels needed to be longer and more complex, or just have a shorter timelimit.World 4:
This was my favorite world. It used an aesthetic I don't see often in Mari0, and the funnel mazes were unique and interesting. Unfortunately, you could get trapped if you got to the end of the first level while big, and the second level was just weak.World 6:
That rocket background is terribly ugly; it looks like you tried to compress it until it became a diamond. The first level's only obstacle is the timelimit, which is just annoying, and the opening script could easily have only been the first dialogue box. The second level is empty, and the third level has borderline enemy spam and mean, inescapable traps. The last level's timelimit is too low or should be removed in the second sublevel.World 7:
Why didn't you make the whole world the Path of the Dead? It probably would have been more interesting, instead of just devolving into enemy spam. On the other hand, it was really clever how you went back to 1-3 to reach the final world. Good job with that. World 8:
Enemy spam ho! It was neat how you used the broken VVVVVV Enemies, so good resourcefulness there. The twist was really boring, though. My first thought was basically: "Well I guess that's how he knew the countdown for the rocket.", then I remembered that I jokingly considered this during World 3 because of the testing. I also first thought that Peach was the operator, until I checked the files and found the Pilot Koopa enemy named "operator". Worth Downloading:
I guess so, yes
. There are some really clever moments in it, and it's easy enough that you shouldn't cause too much anguish to find them. On the other hand, that file size is fucking ridiculous.