mari0 portal mappack - By zeverse

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
zeverse

Post » 01 Nov 2015, 22:34

A new mappack called mario's revenge is now in progress , but dont worry we have a test demo to see if you like it
(enemies from qwertymanO07, alesan99, sab superalbertbros)
Download a taste of the mappack now \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v24nplm2gf4cg ... e.zip?dl=0
Game difficulty:Hard
TRAILER: Launch date : nov 10 2015

Built with custom tilesets and enemies

Has more than one level in each level

Beautiful flag levels and no more having to listen to the dialogs anymore cause you can just jump ahead (which means jump over the enemy/npc
Zeverse productions
Last edited by zeverse on 03 Nov 2015, 20:22, edited 12 times in total.

Qwerbey

Post » 01 Nov 2015, 22:40

Well, your image doesn't really show anything.
EDIT: So you edited it back to an image that doesn't work? Another thing: this should be in the Mapping subforum, not basic Mari0.
Last edited by Qwerbey on 01 Nov 2015, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.

zeverse

Post » 01 Nov 2015, 22:44

welcome to a new world where your mario and you need to get to earth as soon as possible before wizmik your rival destroys mushroom kingdom.

Built with all my effort and time heres the demo version full version soon!!!:
(has now improved with 2 world!! and smaller mb than before!!!!)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzjd9dkqna4d5 ... h.zip?dl=0

Has great story behind the mappack:

Map created by Zeverse helpers; sab superalbertbros

has Practice levels

visit my website for more content:
http://wizmiksource.wix.com/zeverse
Last edited by zeverse on 02 Nov 2015, 02:25, edited 3 times in total.

Qwerbey

Post » 01 Nov 2015, 23:42

First off, you should have edited your first post rather than making another one. Additionally, the version of the mappack should be in the title, it's SE Beta 8.

On to the actual mappack:
First off: cut the resources you don't actually use in the demo. If you need to, make a folder somewhere for the things you'll use later. It raises the filesize without adding a thing, especially with music. Speaking of music, you probably could have gotten away with having only one track.

I could really tell the enemies were made by sab superalbertbros, especially the ones obviously made by Alesan99 and alex gahh, and the blue-spotted mushroom that looks suspiciously like my Blueberry enemy.

By Level:
1-1: The text is ridiculously hard to read, for a few reasons: the camera's constantly jittering, the text boxes move on to the next too quickly, and finally, there's no punctuation and your lines wrap around, cutting them off in weird places. Also, who's that Mario guy? I only see the rainbow-haired freak-of-nature Qwerty. (Basically, you can't assume the player is actually Mario, especially without specifying it in your post.)
1-2: Plot hole: where did you get the simulation equipment? In the actual level, Oh god that repeating script. Every time you die, you have to sit through it again. I would recommend putting only the scrip in the main level, then putting the rest in a sublevel. I also got killed more by the time limit than any of the actual obstacles, mostly because I didn't know it was there. If you made the script first change the timelimit to 100, then, less than a second later, change it to the limit you set, it would give you the low time sound, alerting players to the time limit. I sure hope this difficulty-from-timelimit thing isn't a recurring theme.
1-3: Well it isn't quite a recurring theme, but it sure feels like one.
1-4: That's an anticlimactic ending. I was hoping for a boss or something, instead it's just a cutscene.

You could improve this mappack by add more to the levels: they need to be longer and have some actual meat. In their current state, they're pathetically easy—aside from their very low timelimits—because they're just so short.

Worth Downloading:
No. It's essentially two short levels for a weight of 35.6MB. The only person who could gain anything from this is the author, who could use this as a learning experience.

imgudman4567

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 00:26

Seems like a neat idea, but it seems like /\/\/\/\ might change my mind, still a good concept.

zeverse

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 00:40

sorry for lack of fun and level editing Because this is my first time with this source and also its great your giving me tips/info what to make better and stuff but i will try to do better next time. the levels are short because some of those levels are just testing/practicing levels and i have a hard time to think of good things to add in my "long" levels. I cant put punctuation cause the game doesnt allow me to do so. Not everything is compatable, also the part where i said sab superalbertbros made the enemies i meant he helped research and help me get npc's. I will some how fix the music part where it takes lots of space and reduce the enemy count.

Qwerbey

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 08:50

The game lets you type periods; even just those would help tremendously. Another thing you can do is open up the animation files with a plain text editor, like Notepad, and manually add punctuation. The game supports commas, dashes, question marks, and exclamation points.

zeverse

Post » 02 Nov 2015, 21:43

wow i did not know that thanks for teling me