Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Super Mario 3d World: 2d Edition

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 26 Oct 2015, 01:18

As the topic states, I am currently working on a mappack/mod to recreate Super Mario 3d World in Super Mario Bros./Mari0.
And looking for a team of people that want to help me make this possible.

Anyone that would like to help make a SM3DW-like mod for mari0, please gladly say so, I'm ok with that. Like, REALLY ok with that.
I have two title screen variants for the mappack/mod I'm working on:
Image
Image
New version by Firaga

Also, here is a list of bases I need from the above people?/\/\/\
A. A power up (preferably a power up that can be used AFTER a mushroom) base.
B. An enemy (preferably one that can be stomped) base.
C. An enemy (preferably one that CANNOT be stomped) base.
Last edited by imgudman4567 on 30 Oct 2015, 15:45, edited 10 times in total.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 26 Oct 2015, 02:13

-{UPDATE}-
I have for you a bell tree tileset.
Image
And: I don't understand why this post isn't getting the attention it deserves, I mean, c'mon. It's a brilliant idea if you think about it.
But, that's just my p.o.v. I hope that anyone that is or will be following this project is happy with my ideas.

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1135
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 27 Oct 2015, 21:24

People tend to get more interested in a map when there's actually something to see (that is not just an edited image).
Also, you're requesting more than a half of the content for the mappack, when you can: look for it by yourself, or do it by yourself.
And this is not a "brilliant" idea, not even an original one, it's not the first time a person tries to make a mappack based on a Mario game, it's just good, but no more than that.
I'm neutral about the idea of this mappack, but you should first show more content about it before expecting people to give this mappack the attention "it deserves".

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4637
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 716
Contact:

Post » 27 Oct 2015, 21:33

Agreed with Hans- This is kind of an unreasonable idea. But I do like the tiles you made, so you should use them somewhere, if you want to go through with this idea I would suggest making levels inspired by the ones in 3D World (same level themes, same basic layouts at most, but not trying to exactly recreate them) and it could work out better in the long run

Actually, I did make one room from 3D world in my mappack, though it was just a small sublevel and I left out all the enemies.

jumpinglizard
User avatar
Posts: 335
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 22:02
Reputation: 133

Post » 27 Oct 2015, 23:39

I can help get you some music, just tell me what song or track you need and i will send you it.

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 695
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 194
Contact:

Post » 27 Oct 2015, 23:48

jumpinglizard wrote:I can help get you some music, just tell me what song or track you need and i will send you it.

*youtube it*

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 28 Oct 2015, 01:55

Ok, everyone all of the above, I see your points, and I agree. But, I wanted this to be a more fun way of doing it by getting others involved, but if you guys want me to work on it by my own terms, fine.

HansAgain
User avatar
Posts: 1135
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 18:51
Reputation: 265
Contact:

Post » 28 Oct 2015, 02:14

Oh, well, that's not bad, but you should have asked for a team, instead of asking for people to give you the stuff, because that doesn't sound like a team. Still, i hope you finish this, it's a good idea after all.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 28 Oct 2015, 02:26

Hans1998 wrote:Oh, well, that's not bad, but you should have asked for a team, instead of asking for people to give you the stuff, because that doesn't sound like a team. Still, i hope you finish this, it's a good idea after all.


Thank you, and I'll make that an edit

Also...{-UPDATE-}

I am currently working on a cat goomba, and it is looking good.
But, I have one question...
What do you name the folder for custom enemies/power-ups?

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4637
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 716
Contact:

Post » 28 Oct 2015, 04:50

"enemies" is what you call it

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 695
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 194
Contact:

Post » 28 Oct 2015, 12:26

fun fact, power ups are hard to do

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 01:24

Julien12150 wrote:fun fact, power ups are hard to do


Fun fact: I am ok with that. Now, I'm only asking for bases, not insults. And I'm only doing this on the terms of attempting to get some respect.

And:
TurretBot wrote:"enemies" is what you call it

Thanks for the advice, now does anyone have any .zip file links for mari0 se?

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 01:37

jumpinglizard wrote:I can help get you some music, just tell me what song or track you need and i will send you it.


Sorry for not taking this chance (even though I don't mind finding my own music) but here is a tiny list you can do( and yes, if you cannot find an 8-bit version., skip it;

SM3DW Title theme
SM3DW 1-1 theme
SM3DW 1-2 theme
SM3DW 1-3 theme

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1295
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 362
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 01:49

imgudman4567 wrote:
Julien12150 wrote:fun fact, power ups are hard to do

Fun fact: I am ok with that. Now, I'm only asking for bases, not insults.

Fun Fact: I really don't think he was trying to insult with that—you have to actually mod the game to make them, unless you're fine with differently moving vanilla powerups.

imgudman4567 wrote:[...]now does anyone have any .zip file links for mari0 se?

.love files use .zip compression, so you can open them with any program that can open .zip files. You can also just copy and rename the file so it uses the .zip extension.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 01:56

I meant a link TO a mari0 se. And I know that as well, refer to the main post, I stated that I was modding the game.

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1295
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 362
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 02:03

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4634

It's the third non-pinned thread down.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 02:10

Thanks, but how do I make it into an application that I can use?

QwertymanO07
User avatar
Posts: 1295
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 07:58
Reputation: 362
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 03:21

https://love2d.org/

Though honestly I'd recommend against making a modded mappack, because it requires people to download a file that they will most likely only use once.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 03:26

Ok, but how do I get it in the .love file?
And thanks for the tip, but all I can say is that if I can't make it with no mod, then such is such.

Firaga
User avatar
Posts: 944
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 16:05
Reputation: 118
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 04:14

imgudman4567 wrote:Ok, but how do I get it in the .love file?
And thanks for the tip, but all I can say is that if I can't make it with no mod, then such is such.

Not to be rude, but if you can't open a .love file, there's a good chance that you aren't going to be making a mod anytime soon. It's nothing like Mario Maker, you have to learn Lua and Love to create a mod, and then bugtest it and code fixes. Here is Qcode's LOVE tutorial anyway for posterity.
It would be astronomically easier to create custom enemies from SM3DW.

Anyway, to open a .love file, specifically Mario SE, I believe you need version 0.9.0 of LOVE.
However, if that doesn't work I believe some older mods (NOT Mari0 SE) use 0.8.0 and 0.9.1 (not sure about the latter).

jumpinglizard
User avatar
Posts: 335
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 22:02
Reputation: 133

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 05:38

I made a gif of how to open the love files
And no i could not find 8bit music.

here is the gif http://imgur.com/jJ9ZMzW

make sure you see all four steps

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 695
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 194
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 12:16

every lua files are raw files, that mean you can edit them with note pad (or notepad++ wich i recommand) without problem

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 16:12

Ok, thanks guys.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 16:19

Firaga wrote:
imgudman4567 wrote:Ok, but how do I get it in the .love file?
And thanks for the tip, but all I can say is that if I can't make it with no mod, then such is such.

Not to be rude, but if you can't open a .love file, there's a good chance that you aren't going to be making a mod anytime soon. It's nothing like Mario Maker, you have to learn Lua and Love to create a mod, and then bugtest it and code fixes. Here is Qcode's LOVE tutorial anyway for posterity.
It would be astronomically easier to create custom enemies from SM3DW.

Anyway, to open a .love file, specifically Mario SE, I believe you need version 0.9.0 of LOVE.
However, if that doesn't work I believe some older mods (NOT Mari0 SE) use 0.8.0 and 0.9.1 (not sure about the latter).


Sorry for double posting, but this needs to be said;
LOOK ON THE MAIN POST
I specifically say that I need a TEAM. Also, I am doing such, I just need Mari0 SE to run the enemies, I've already tested with Mari0 1.6 and Alesean99's entities. So all I want to know is just how to properly get the game into the .love application. Am I supposed to replace the LOVE application with the folder for Mari0 SE or some other odd way?

Also: {-UPDATE-}
I have another image for some power-ups/characters I'll be working on, not by myself hopefully.
Image

Technochips
User avatar
Posts: 695
Joined: 12 Mar 2015, 16:05
Reputation: 194
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 16:52

imgudman4567 wrote:So all I want to know is just how to properly get the game into the .love application. Am I supposed to replace the LOVE application with the folder for Mari0 SE or some other odd way?

just place the edited files into the .love file with winrar or 7zip to replace the old one

TurretBot
User avatar
Posts: 4637
Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 23:18
Reputation: 716
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 21:07

BTW. Peach and toad already have characters made for them.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 29 Oct 2015, 23:58

TurretBot wrote:BTW. Peach and toad already have characters made for them.


They are just revised to be proper size.
To give an explanation: Peach is 8 pixels smaller than big Mario in the nes game. Same goes for toad, and he isn't blue like I want him to.

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2015, 00:00

jumpinglizard wrote:-And no i could not find 8bit music


That's fine. I'll go find some 8-bit tracks.
#majormistakesaremajor
Also, how did you not? I already found three tracks! XD

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2015, 00:40

Julien12150 wrote:
imgudman4567 wrote:So all I want to know is just how to properly get the game into the .love application. Am I supposed to replace the LOVE application with the folder for Mari0 SE or some other odd way?

just place the edited files into the .love file with winrar or 7zip to replace the old one

So, you mean to just place the mari0 se files into the love-0.9.0-win64 files and turn .love into a WinRAR or 7zip file?

alesan99
User avatar
Posts: 1652
Joined: 30 May 2013, 21:42
Reputation: 278
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2015, 01:07

imgudman4567 wrote:
TurretBot wrote:BTW. Peach and toad already have characters made for them.

They are just revised to be proper size.
To give an explanation: Peach is 8 pixels smaller than big Mario in the nes game. Same goes for toad, and he isn't blue like I want him to.

That's not what he meant.
There are already Mari0 characters made of peach and toad (found in here and http://forum.stabyourself.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3463&p=74537).

Peach:
alesan99 wrote:SMB1 Peach cuz I was bored.
Image
Download Peach

Now you can play as peach from Super Mario Bros.!

Toad:
renhoek wrote:Small
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Big
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Original Toad sprites by RED and awesomezack from mfgg

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2015, 01:10

alesan99 wrote:
imgudman4567 wrote:
TurretBot wrote:BTW. Peach and toad already have characters made for them.

They are just revised to be proper size.
To give an explanation: Peach is 8 pixels smaller than big Mario in the nes game. Same goes for toad, and he isn't blue like I want him to.

That's not what he meant.
There are already Mari0 characters made of peach and toad (found in here and http://forum.stabyourself.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3463&p=74537).

Peach:
alesan99 wrote:SMB1 Peach cuz I was bored.
Image
Download Peach

Now you can play as peach from Super Mario Bros.!

Toad:
renhoek wrote:Small
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Big
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image


Original Toad sprites by RED and awesomezack from mfgg


Geez, that's a lot of code /\/\
Anyways, I also knew that, and I just wanted to try my hand at making my own versions.

Firaga
User avatar
Posts: 944
Joined: 02 Jul 2012, 16:05
Reputation: 118
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2015, 06:33

Image

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 30 Oct 2015, 15:33

Firaga wrote:Image


OH. MY. GOD
THAT IS SO AMAZING!!!
Lemme update the post with the new version. (Yes, you get credit, do not worry.)
Oh, and some more concept stuff:
Image
And I still cannot figure out how to put Mario se files into the love files. I cannot properly download WinRAR or 7zip. Any other ways to do it?

jumpinglizard
User avatar
Posts: 335
Joined: 02 Mar 2015, 22:02
Reputation: 133

Post » 31 Oct 2015, 00:09

imgudman4567 wrote:And I still cannot figure out how to put Mario se files into the love files. I cannot properly download WinRAR or 7zip. Any other ways to do it?



What do you mean "can't proberly download" what is the problem with winrar or 7zip

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 31 Oct 2015, 00:12

They just can't properly work, I don't know why, just can't. It's no problem, I'll just have to figure out how to make custom enemies on regular Mario, possibly making mod. (No, it's obvious, I'm making a mod.)

{-UPDATE-}
Another tileset update.
Image

imgudman4567
User avatar
Posts: 249
Joined: 22 Jun 2015, 23:22
Reputation: 18
Contact:

Post » 01 Nov 2015, 00:47

Actually, this topic shall be discarded, and instead I'm going to make two subtopics.
Sorry for the odd choice, but it's how I'd like it.


Return to “Mari0”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron