Ideas/Things to add to Mari0

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
HowToEatGirafes

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 00:08

The ability to stop the "go back" thing : so you can't go back in the level (you must go rigth ) of course this would be activatd or disabled by a button thing

Squidish

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 00:22

JohnHOne wrote:Unlock the cat valley,where you get coins by playing with kittens,giving food and water,and stomping at raiding theft goombas
Are you fucking kidding me? This is Mario and Portal, Not Kitten Fun Time. And do you know how long it would take to sprite all that?

As for Giraffes' idea, Seconded.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 00:58

Something that would be awesome (especially in Portal-themed puzzles or puzzles in general) would be having checkpoints. But not checkpoints like the ones already in: special checkpoints that would save the entities' positions, like boxes in buttons, enemies, gels placed and all that. Then it'd be activated by either an entity (like the original checkpoint) or by an animation...

FuriousTH

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 01:18

HugoBDesigner wrote:Something that would be awesome (especially in Portal-themed puzzles or puzzles in general) would be having checkpoints. But not checkpoints like the ones already in: special checkpoints that would save the entities' positions, like boxes in buttons, enemies, gels placed and all that. Then it'd be activated by either an entity (like the original checkpoint) or by an animation...
add custom bosses

Squidish

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 01:30

You can do that in SE, along with custom enemies, too. But yeah, I know you like 1.6 better, I don't blame you. I guess I second your idea.

As for Hugo... I don't get what you're saying. You mean like a spawner? Or when it dies, you can trigger it back to life?

I have an Idea of my own: Smb2 and Smb3 versions. Like, you can choose between classic SMB mechanics, SMB2 mechanics, with shy guys, grass and other stuff like music and the levelscreen, or SMB3, where you have a map for levels and worlds, and powerups and enemies and mechanics from that game. Maybe there could be a mod for it?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 02:01

What I meant is like in some games (most noticeably Source games, like Portal, Half-Life, etc.), you have a save/autosave feature, so when you die the map won't reset, but everything will be just as you left. For example: you paint everything in a level with gel and solve a puzzle and all, and if you die, instead of having everything like when the level was first loaded, things will be just like how you left in the latest save - gels placed, entities positions, maybe even time left...

To have it in a better way, maybe it'd be better to be implemented in the form of an animation. And, if it works well, we could even have this feature outside mappacks (like the "suspense game" mode, but with multiple saves for multiple mappacks and keeping track of level, sublevel, lifes left, time left, entities positions, gels placed, etc).

I even know how it could be made, so if we don't have this in SE I may even implement it in my mod :P

Wilo

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 03:17

PrincessKiller wrote: I have an Idea of my own: Smb2 and Smb3 versions. Like, you can choose between classic SMB mechanics, SMB2 mechanics, with shy guys, grass and other stuff like music and the levelscreen, or SMB3, where you have a map for levels and worlds, and powerups and enemies and mechanics from that game. Maybe there could be a mod for it?
PrincessKiller wrote:Are you fucking kidding me? This is Mario and Portal, Not Kitten Fun Time super mario bros x colour edition. And do you know how long it would take to sprite program all that?
i do say would like to second the idea of kitten fun time it's fantastic

Squidish

Post » 04 Dec 2014, 03:34

Interesting Idea. I guess that would make sense, after a puzzle that took me an hour to do, I'd rage if I got shot by a turret right after.

If SMB3 mechanics are never added, I'll make a mod for it. #1 thing I'd want to happen, I hated to hear The mod my Mari0Lu1g1 was cancelled. So I guess it'd be kind of a revival mod, I dunno? Whatever. Guess I got something to do after the thing I'm doing...

Tecminer

Post » 28 Dec 2014, 17:42

I'd like to have the option to write something in the animated tiles' .txt file to make it loop when triggered.

Qwerbey

Post » 29 Dec 2014, 03:46

• Different Fire Mario colors per player
  • Allow the player to edit Fire Mario's colors in the options menu
  • Ambient background tracks you can add with the music; it would be in the same folder
  • Along with this, an ambiance changer entity, and a "play ambiance" animation.
  • Set the x scrollfactor independently from the y
  • Add princessmusic in the music selection; you can already text edit it in
  • Let you edit numbers in scroll bars directly, even if it's beyond the bar, and add numbers for all bars
  • Reverse the walking animation if the player is moving in the opposite direction of where they're aiming
  • Remove the gel lifetime if it's in a funnel
  • Select the fall speed for falling platforms

Mari0_Player

Post » 29 Dec 2014, 04:33

Why is there gel lifetime at all, actually?

Pixelworker

Post » 29 Dec 2014, 16:23

Mari0_Player wrote:Why is there gel lifetime at all, actually?
Most likely for performance purposes. For example, place a portal on the floor under a gel dispenser and another portal on the floor too. Then without the lifetime, the number of gel instances would permanently increase until the computer can't handle them anymore. If the gel has a limited lifetime, this won't happen. Personally, I'd fix that differently, just like in the original Portal 2: If there's too much gel in the map, the gel dispenser just won't dispense gel anymore.

Qwerbey

Post » 14 Jan 2015, 12:08

I've got some more ideas:
  • An option for the spawner entity to spawn with a half-block offset
  • Remove that black outline for mappack icons so that authors can better use transparency
  • Custom death animations: mario (normal), dissolve (emancipation grill effect), explode (explode into four chunks, like I Wanna Be The Guy). They'd be chosen like Character Properties
  • Have you switch to Mario in the event of a missing character
  • An entity you can put in bricks to make them bounce even if big mario
  • Allow you to set the length of four sides of firebars that then go in an x or + pattern with 0 as a valid length. You could still have normal firebars with this.
  • End all animations when you switch to a new level
  • Allow you to select world M (minus world) in the warp pipe entity
  • Expand the world selector when a mappack has more than 8 worlds

MM102

Post » 14 Jan 2015, 16:25

I like the firebar idea
But I think a slider to icrease the amount of bars would be good enough
Being able to adjust the lengths individually seems useless and tedious imo

Squidish

Post » 14 Jan 2015, 17:12

This is a small suggestion: either make it so you can go through pipes while walking to the right, or load sublevel.

TheDarkerTheLighter

Post » 26 Jan 2015, 04:22

I want them to add single tabs for the triggers and entities. I also want them to make a trigger and an animation tab. The animation tab has different animations for each entities. The trigger will trigger the animations.

Domi

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 10:48

This is my ideas:
1. A new button called "Install Levelpacks" to the main menu.
2. Characters from another games. (Link from Legend of Zelda, Megaman and more)
3. Instant Replay function. (you can share the replay with your friends)

Tecminer

Post » 01 Feb 2015, 12:30

2. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4040 you can also create custom characters on your own and ask for help if you need any

Mari0_Player

Post » 23 Feb 2015, 18:52

Domi wrote:This is my ideas:
1. A new button called "Install Levelpacks" to the main menu.
Just drag the mappack into the mappacks folder. jeez. it's not like you have to hack into the FBI's firewall, you just have to search up %appdata% and locate the LOVE folder.
And tecminer already answered 2. so...
Domi wrote:3. Instant Replay function. (you can share the replay with your friends)
If you want to share it, get Bandicam or some other gif recording program.

TurretBot

Post » 23 Feb 2015, 22:33

Mari0_Player wrote:
Domi wrote:3. Instant Replay function. (you can share the replay with your friends)
If you want to share it, get Bandicam or some other gif recording program.
Actually...

Squidish

Post » 23 Feb 2015, 23:01

That was 2 years ago, but I guess Maurice could still add it if he cares enough.

Qwerbey

Post » 01 Mar 2015, 01:35

• The ability to set the players x and y velocities on spawn
  • Some way to change the default musics in a mappack (i.e.: princessmusic, starmusic)
  • "renderontop" enemy parameter that renders the specific enemy above all other enemies
  • "immaterial" enemy parameter that makes the enemy not trigger triggers and buttons
  • Add the hat collision as a cheat
  • Two last maze features: triggerable gates and gate regions (like checkpoints)
  • Custom enemy start and end entities (like bullet or fish start and end). You choose an enemy, from what side of the screen they spawn from, x and y velocities, and x and y velocity randomness.

mine209craft

Post » 01 Mar 2015, 02:19

For my escaping the prison Something to make the prison bars disappear
For stealing the diamond always hold the diamond when you take it

FuriousTH

Post » 01 Mar 2015, 03:25

Alesan entities eh?
For the bars use a solid block with the images of the bars, and the diamond, use a custom sprite using the companion cube in the folder mari0/alesan_entities/mappacks/your_shit/custom

You are a Beginner in this mod.

SauloFX

Post » 01 Mar 2015, 03:51

-Enemies that you could ride just like moving platforms
-Making enemies able to push you instead of just colliding with you and keep in the place.

Qwerbey

Post » 01 Mar 2015, 04:17

One thing I forgot: actually letting you change the antline texture, including color.

HansAgain

Post » 05 Jul 2015, 20:50

Before saying anything, this is not an useless mega-bump to the thread (so you-know-what-user can keep his mouth shut).

So, i had this idea of making the lazers and lightbridges have more "directions" to set:
And that the entities should show their position in the editor, just like enemies do:
Also enemies show this red square in the place where you put them, maybe entities would show a blue square, just an idea.
Finaly, this is how it would look in-game (ignore the custom graphics):
Also, along with that, the lazer detector should have more "directions" too.

EDIT: I fixed the third image, sorry for that. I made a better set of images, so the changes are more noticeable.
Last edited by HansAgain on 06 Jul 2015, 02:54, edited 2 times in total.

Technochips

Post » 05 Jul 2015, 22:35

It's the same image over and over.

Mari0_Player

Post » 06 Jul 2015, 01:16

Julien12150 wrote:It's the same image over and over.
No, it's just that Image 3 is the same as Image 2.

pewdepug

Post » 06 Jul 2015, 02:13

when i change my coop (co-op) portal color it wont change my 1-p portal color can someone change that
??????

Eden GT

Post » 11 Jul 2015, 10:46

Rewinder...

TurretBot

Post » 11 Jul 2015, 20:27

Sure, rewinding.
pewdepug wrote:when i change my coop (co-op) portal color it wont change my 1-p portal color can someone change that
??????
Mari0_Player wrote:
No, it's just that Image 3 is the same as Image 2.
Hans1998 wrote:Before saying anything, this is not an useless mega-bump to the thread (so you-know-what-user can keep his mouth shut).

So, i had this idea of making the lazers and lightbridges have more "directions" to set:
And that the entities should show their position in the editor, just like enemies do:
Also enemies show this red square in the place where you put them, maybe entities would show a blue square, just an idea.
Finaly, this is how it would look in-game (ignore the custom graphics):
Also, along with that, the lazer detector should have more "directions" too.

EDIT: I fixed the third image, sorry for that. I made a better set of images, so the changes are more noticeable.

TheDarkerTheLighter

Post » 02 Aug 2015, 09:01

The ability to choose how much coins are in a question mark block, with a choice of 1-100.