Ideas/Things to add to Mari0

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Camewel

Post » 26 Nov 2013, 22:43

Yes, but you can only do that in one room.

Sky

Post » 27 Nov 2013, 03:22

I was under the impression that he meant a different sublevel entirely.

Superjustinbros

Post » 27 Nov 2013, 04:53

WillWare wrote:I was under the impression that he meant a different sublevel entirely.
Indeed I was.

TurretBot

Post » 27 Nov 2013, 05:05

Maybe there could be link tool 'hotspots' (because I can't think of a better word) which go from one level to another.
That way, you could do what SJB said with the cube that traverses levels, but also something like the switch palaces from Super Mario World.

Would work like this:
You would place one in 1-1, and set it to 'transmit 1-2.' Then in 1-2, you place another and set it to 'recieve 1-1.'
If a signal is recieved from the hotspot in 1-1, it will output to the hotspot in 1-2 which can be linked to activate gadgets and stuff.
if you placed another hotspot set to 'recieve 1-1' in 1-3, you would get an output there, too, if the signal was recieved from 1-1.

Superjustinbros

Post » 27 Nov 2013, 07:44

Turret Opera wrote:Maybe there could be link tool 'hotspots' (because I can't think of a better word) which go from one level to another.
That way, you could do what SJB said with the cube that traverses levels, but also something like the switch palaces from Super Mario World.

Would work like this:
You would place one in 1-1, and set it to 'transmit 1-2.' Then in 1-2, you place another and set it to 'recieve 1-1.'
If a signal is recieved from the hotspot in 1-1, it will output to the hotspot in 1-2 which can be linked to activate gadgets and stuff.
if you placed another hotspot set to 'recieve 1-1' in 1-3, you would get an output there, too, if the signal was recieved from 1-1.
Cubes wouldn't be able to transit between levels and worlds, just between the sub-levels.

TurretBot

Post » 27 Nov 2013, 07:59

What's the problem with transitting them farther than a sub-level?

Superjustinbros

Post » 28 Nov 2013, 20:30

Actually, we could have a variant of the chute that deposits the cube in an entirely different level rather than a sub-level.

TurretBot

Post » 29 Nov 2013, 22:35

Superjustinbros wrote:Actually, we could have a variant of the chute that deposits the cube in an entirely different level rather than a sub-level.
Or use the same chute for either purpose? I mean cmon sjb.

Superjustinbros

Post » 30 Nov 2013, 01:00

Turret Opera wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:Actually, we could have a variant of the chute that deposits the cube in an entirely different level rather than a sub-level.
Or use the same chute for either purpose? I mean cmon sjb.
I think I should have said that whenever the cube is sent to either the next sub level or full level the player enters that has an exit chute in place is defined through drop down menus. You'd get the options "Next Sublevel" "Next Level" and "Custom" where you can defy which room with an exit chute the cube will travel to once it enters.

Why I initially didn't write for it to go into entirely new levels is because of the cryptic and somewhat cruel scenarios that could result from this, especially if you stick an entrance chute early in the game and then an exit chute like 20 levels later. If you lose all your lives and Game Over, the connection between the two levels becomes disconnected and the cube has to be redumped inside the chute, forcing players to never start from anywhere between the two major entrance/exit chutes.

Sky

Post » 27 Dec 2013, 04:52

I may be getting greedy because we already have animated tiles, but what about moving groups of tiles like in SMW?
You could define a group with something like the region trigger's selection. To make it move, you could set up one of these things:

1. Rightclicking it would bring up an editor for movement speed, distance to move (in blocks), and direction. It would be powered by some sort of input. When on, the group moves as specified, and when off it slides back to where it started. This is the less complicated way, but it only allows the groups to move in one set configuration.

2. Rightclicking it would allow you to set an ID for the group. Then, to make it move, you would use animations. The format:
"move [groupid] [this many] blocks [this way] at [this speed]"
This would be way more complicated, but it would allow for more complicated things, like moving in more than one direction. Plus it would prevent people from abusing it, because it requires more effort to make it work properly.

I'm sure this would break portals, so while it's moving any portals on the group would be erased (this already happens in Portal 2).

TrustyGun

Post » 27 Dec 2013, 11:47

Toggling the "no-going-back" scrolling from the original game will be nice for map makers.

Camewel

Post » 27 Dec 2013, 13:35

WillWare wrote:I may be getting greedy because we already have animated tiles, but what about moving groups of tiles like in SMW?
After how glitchy platforms already are, you want to put more in!?

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 27 Dec 2013, 21:04

I'll have you know platforms are way better now.

Superjustinbros

Post » 27 Dec 2013, 21:09

Maurice wrote:I'll have you know platforms are way better now.
I hope you're not able to phase through walls/floors/ceilings with platforms this time around.

Qwerbey

Post » 27 Dec 2013, 23:01

How about a no-scroll entity, which inhibits scrolling to the block it's on until the player passes it.

TurretBot

Post » 27 Dec 2013, 23:09

QwertymanO07 wrote:How about a no-scroll entity, which inhibits scrolling to the block it's on until the player passes it.
Rightclick values:
Never scroll (NEVER scroll to it)
Scroll when near (What you want)
Centered (Centers the screen to it if it would be on screen normally)

Villager103

Post » 30 Dec 2013, 01:06

Koopa and Buzzy Beetle shells that you can place in the world by themselves

TurretBot

Post » 30 Dec 2013, 02:01

That's in Alesan99's mod.

...I'll quote Hugo on this one:
HugoBDesigner wrote:I'm just talking about my mod here so people will know that they'll not need to wait 'til SE release to get some features. Some of the most requested features (such as toggleable gel dispensers or coin entities or cube-only buttons or cleaning gel) are already included, and some others will soon be added (such as environmental triggers or commanders or triggers or text displays). If you're searching for those features, I can send you a PM with the newer Mari0 +Portal version. There are some unfinished things, but everything else is pretty much working :)

TripleXero

Post » 30 Dec 2013, 03:50

There's nothing wrong with wanting it in the actual Mari0

TurretBot

Post » 30 Dec 2013, 03:51

I know, but I think Hugo's point still stands; He can get it now if he wants it. (this sounded less rude in my head)

MM102

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 02:48

B-Man99 wrote:Well since people are starting to bring up suggestions now...
...I decided to bump this thread

• multiple counters other than coin counters
    -ex: red coin missions
  • ability to control mario's growstate via animation system

B-Man99

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 03:10

I NEVER SAID THAT QUOTE IT'S ALL LIES I NEVER USED TRIPLE PERIODS IN THAT POST
Oh hey MM102 that's a good idea. Here I'll try to find some of the suggestions in the SE thread and put them here
alesan99 wrote:Enemy stuff suggestions:
An option to make enemies stick to blocks as if all blocks had VVVVVV gel
gravity direction
health
transform trigger for when the player is near

Animations suggestions:
Change background. Not the color but the image.
animate to run
B-Man99 wrote:Animation actions: Change gravity direction, add sublevel to "load level," play sound, trigger (x,y)
Entities: Multiple entity textures (entity not enemy), customization for the bullet bill launcher, funnels actually carrying gel without it disappearing

I have no idea how hard/easy it would be to implement these, they're just random things I've thought while playing around with SE
MM102 wrote:can you and add a trigger to detect coin amounts
TheSeek wrote:Also, serious suggestion: animations triggerable by any input and not just by animation triggers.
It is possible to accomplish what TheSeek said with what is currently in SE (see my solution in hatninja's SE tips+tricks thread) but I agree that it would be nice to have that

So yeah that's the recent requests, and I'm pretty sure the earlier requests in the thread have already been read/responded to/sarcastically shut down

Superjustinbros

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 05:56

By now I came up with these since starting Mari0 SE:

*Allow tiles to still be placed even when cursor is outside of game window
*Ports of several features from Better Editor that made it more user-friendly, such as:
**Changing size of brush with Ctrl and arrow keys
**Support for Ctrl+[key] commands, including Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, and Paste (the later three only available for selecting groups of tiles)
**Quickly scrolling through levels by holding Ctrl them scrolling with Mousewheel
**Selecting groups of tiles by holding Ctrl than moving the cursor over a selected area.
**Tile hotkeys (0-9)
**Switching between tiles and entities via the Q key
**Saving selected groups of tiles to be called up later via Ctrl+S, then loading via Ctrl+[number key].
**Quick Move/Duplicate levels via "Maps" tab in editor
**When scrolling through tiles via Mousewheel, you get previews of previous/next tiles in the tileset
*Support for Infinite Worlds and Infinite Sublevels, plus direct access to World M-1 via editor.
*Option to directly edit the six Mane-6 Background colors via Right-click for each color for easier access when editing other levels (similar to Better Editor where you can save groups of tiles).
*In-game and simple to learn/use enemy/animated tile editors (Alesan did one for enemies)
*Support for custom ? Block and Coin graphics (i.e. ? Blocks and Coins placed via custom tilesets, static or animated, do not default to SMB1 ? blocks/coins.
*Support for placing Coin entities inside brick blocks, making them produce only a single coin.
*Horizontal Scrollbar in editor on tile sets with a tile palette greater or less than 22 tiles wide, plus better tileset scrolling via mouse wheel
*Support for multiple tile sets, change between each by right clicking the "Custom" tab and selecting via a drop down window.
*Modify a Paratroopa's movement via right click (Fly vertically, Fly horizontally, short bounce, long bounce, fly in place)
*Modify if Bowser can throw hammers via Right click
*Modify if Hammer Bros can chase the player after a pre-determined number of seconds or instantly
*"Climbable" tile property
*"Instakill" tile property; kills regardless of size.
Last edited by Superjustinbros on 21 Feb 2014, 08:27, edited 5 times in total.

HansAgain

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 06:03

Superjustinbros wrote:*"Climbable" tile property.
I was thinking about this thing. Make Mario climb like DK Jr. in his game. You would only need pone more sprite.

MagicPillow

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 06:16

I think enemies should be able to change into other enemies at certain times. For example, you could set custom enemy a to change into custom enemy b after 5 seconds.

B-Man99

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 06:18

SJB, those are all spot on. Thanks for that, it's a very nice list you have there
I especially like the instakill idea and the better editor stuff (which is... Almost all of it :D)

Superjustinbros

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 19:41

I forgot to put down "Option to change the skin of a moving platform to with girders or clouds".
Thanks B-Man. Hopefully when we start modding SE after it's out of beta we can get everything in.
I also forgot to put in "Enableswim Time = ##" "Screenbomb" and "TimeBonus" enemy/item properties. It'd also be killer if we got a way to make custom moving platforms with varying movement patterns and behavior.
Hans1998 wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:*"Climbable" tile property.
I was thinking about this thing. Make Mario climb like DK Jr. in his game. You would only need pone more sprite.
It works like it does in all these SMB1 ROM hacks that have climbable tiles; they work and function like vines that stay in place, and use the sprites you see for when you climb a vine or slide down the flag. The only thing that's different is here, they wouldn't make a "Bumping" sound when you ascend up the climbable tile.

B-Man99

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 22:11

Superjustinbros wrote:Thanks B-Man. Hopefully when we start modding SE after it's out of beta we can get everything in.
I just thought of something
What if, as long as there wasn't anything insanely incompatible when the full SE comes out, we make a large community version filled with the suggestions that don't make it in, so that when someone is modding it, whatever they create can go into it. Obviously this wouldn't always be able to happen, but wishful thinking is nice. We have a ton of extremely talented modders in our community here.

Superjustinbros

Post » 06 Feb 2014, 23:52

I got a few more tile properties:
*ConveyorBelt Left/Right (with adjustable speed)
*Ice (only affects player(s)

There's also the idea of entry into pipes facing down/right, as well as an entity that allows both exit and entrance from the same pipe, considering Super Mario Bros. Special did it and a few of the puzzle-centric SMB1 hacks did as well, and the only way it's possible in Mari0 is to place the pipe entrance entity above the pipe instead of on it, like you'd normally do it elsewhere. This strategy would cause Mario to just appear above the pipe instead of actually exiting from it. Maybe if the entrances where placed on the right tip and the exit were placed on the left tip?

Dunno really.

B-Man99

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 00:12

For now you can just use animations, load level, and set x+y, at least. I like what you're getting at though. I don't know how you would make it like a pipe. At least you could do either trigger the changing sublevels when Mario enters an area, or trigger when Mario presses a button or something. Or just have an x+y trigger happen right when you come out of the pipe on the original level, that would work to.

Superjustinbros

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 00:56

I assembled up a quick diagram:
Here, the pipe entry/exit entities are split up into four separate directions. The idea here is this: Red arrows show a pipe entrance, while Blue arrows show a pipe exit. On vertical pipes, the entrance entity is placed on the right, with the exit on the left. On horizontal pipes, entrances are placed on the bottom, while exits are on the top.

I also almost forgot this existed.

alesan99

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 01:09

About half of those are enemies so you could make em with custom enemies, but I guess not all of them are possible.

Oh here's my suggestion. It's kinda hard but possible.

We should be able to make timers with our custom enemies.
It should work like this

Code: Select all

"timer": [[delay, action], [delay, action]...]
After x amount of seconds the enemy will do the action.

This will open up a whole bunch of possibilities for enemies.
For example, if I wanted to make a ninji i'd do

Code: Select all

"timer": [[0.2, "jump"]]

TurretBot

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 01:30

Superjustinbros wrote:By now I came up with these since starting Mari0 SE: oh and I'm here to kill them all

*Allow tiles to still be placed even when cursor is outside of game window what the heck is this supposed to be useful for
*Ports of several features from Better Editor that made it more user-friendly, such as: I hope you know this won't happen because maurice does not care
**Changing size of brush with Ctrl and arrow keys just put the tiles yourself lazy
**Support for Ctrl+[key] commands, including Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, and Paste (the later three only available for selecting groups of tiles) aka metr0id 1000% easier nothing bad to say here
**Quickly scrolling through levels by holding Ctrl them scrolling with Mousewheel what about veritcal scrolling
**Selecting groups of tiles by holding Ctrl than moving the cursor over a selected area. sounds like it would be confusing when there's already a selection tool
**Tile hotkeys (0-9) this activatess my ocd so I sure hope not
**Switching between tiles and entities via the Q key or maybe you could middle click an enemy like you would a tile (not in the game don't try it)
**Saving selected groups of tiles to be called up later via Ctrl+S, then loading via Ctrl+[number key]. see the comment about metr0id same here
**Quick Move/Duplicate levels via "Maps" tab in editor +1
**When scrolling through tiles via Mousewheel, you get previews of previous/next tiles in the tileset even though this is a pretty pointless feature I think this would be cool to be in
*Support for Infinite Worlds and Infinite Sublevels, plus direct access to World M-1 via editor. we don't need 1000 world mappacks (or do we?)
*Option to directly edit the six Mane-6 Background colors via Right-click for each color for easier access when editing other levels (similar to Better Editor where you can save groups of tiles). why not
*In-game and simple to learn/use enemy/animated tile editors (Alesan did one for enemies) no. why? because this shit isn't supposed to be easy it's meant for those people who know what they're fucking doing which you clearly don't because you want this so badly. if this gets added then I can't wait for a shit enemy because a new guy knows how to use it
*Support for custom ? Block and Coin graphics (i.e. ? Blocks and Coins placed via custom tilesets, static or animated, do not default to SMB1 ? blocks/coins. alternate idea: make the default ? block and coin animated tiles with the ? block and coin graphics and just remove them from the default tileset entirely
*Support for placing Coin entities inside brick blocks, making them produce only a single coin. don't understand why this is such a big deal so no comment here
*Horizontal Scrollbar in editor on tile sets with a tile palette greater or less than 22 tiles wide, plus better tileset scrolling via mouse wheel don't have anything against this idea but I'm not supporting it either
*Support for multiple tile sets, change between each by right clicking the "Custom" tab or you can just combine them if you need more than the max for global graphics cards then that's those people who have a bad graphics card's problem
*Modify a Paratroopa's movement via right click (Fly vertically, Fly horizontally, short bounce, long bounce, fly in place) would have to change enemy json configuration to work. like a "rightclickmovement" thing (actually not a bad idea but I hope the first statement got across to you)
*Modify if Bowser can throw hammers via Right click although a minor detail, I still +1 this
*Modify if Hammer Bros can chase the player after a pre-determined number of seconds or instantly see the paratroopa one. though following you after the default time would not be a bad idea ("followafterseconds": 110)
*"Climbable" tile property pointless but practical, I like it, probably more code than what it produces so it won't happen but either way +1
*"Instakill" tile property; kills regardless of size. why not

Superjustinbros

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 03:27

alesan99 wrote:About half of those are enemies so you could make em with custom enemies, but I guess not all of them are possible.
I should have mentioned that earlier, but yeah. With the current enemy editor it is possible to replicate at least judging from a standalone point, around half the enemies in the pic.

Also, I'm ready to roll.
TurretBot wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote: *Allow tiles to still be placed even when cursor is outside of game window what the heck is this supposed to be useful for It's possible to do this in 1.6, plus it also doubles as a stencil of sorts, allowing you to keep the cursor on one edge of the screen and draw tiles on it.
*Ports of several features from Better Editor that made it more user-friendly, such as: I hope you know this won't happen because maurice does not care Maurice did say he wanted to port more features from the Better Editor over, since I've gotten used to so many of the improvements it provides. It helps so much and speeds up the map-making process.
**Changing size of brush with Ctrl and arrow keys just put the tiles yourself lazy *falls over laughing, gets up* Mari0 enables the user to make very large levels, so being able to change the brush size means filling up areas with one single tile is not a tedious chore.
**Support for Ctrl+[key] commands, including Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, and Paste (the later three only available for selecting groups of tiles) aka metr0id 1000% easier nothing bad to say here So you want us to not have an easy time making levels? Try making a checkerboard pattern out of tiles. Sounds like fun doesn't it?
**Quickly scrolling through levels by holding Ctrl them scrolling with Mousewheel what about veritcal scrolling There do exist mouses with 8-way scrolling, but in the case where you only have a two-way wheel, you would have to hold a different key to scroll in a different direction.
**Selecting groups of tiles by holding Ctrl than moving the cursor over a selected area. sounds like it would be confusing when there's already a selection tool It only does entities, not tiles or both. Also, it's not access able via Ctrl-clicking.
**Tile hotkeys (0-9) this activatess my ocd so I sure hope not Then they can be disabled if the player wants to, but holding Ctrl + a number key to call up a certain saved structure would stay.
**Switching between tiles and entities via the Q key or maybe you could middle click an enemy like you would a tile (not in the game don't try it)
**Saving selected groups of tiles to be called up later via Ctrl+S, then loading via Ctrl+[number key]. see the comment about metr0id same here Not everyone is going to do full 15x16 tile screens to cover one room. If someone wants to do that why stop them?
**Quick Move/Duplicate levels via "Maps" tab in editor +1
**When scrolling through tiles via Mousewheel, you get previews of previous/next tiles in the tileset even though this is a pretty pointless feature I think this would be cool to be in
*Support for Infinite Worlds and Infinite Sublevels, plus direct access to World M-1 via editor. we don't need 1000 world mappacks (or do we?)If people want to make a load of worlds/levels that's their idea. Just because the opportunity is there doesn't mean it should be abused.
*Option to directly edit the six Mane-6 Background colors via Right-click for each color for easier access when editing other levels (similar to Better Editor where you can save groups of tiles). why not So we don't have to memorize the hex code and can just quickly apply the same background color to multiple levels.
*In-game and simple to learn/use enemy/animated tile editors (Alesan did one for enemies) no. why? because this shit isn't supposed to be easy it's meant for those people who know what they're fucking doing which you clearly don't because you want this so badly. if this gets added then I can't wait for a shit enemy because a new guy knows how to use it You would still have to provide the images of the enemies/animated tiles by hand, not all of us are that interested in editing something via modding a text file, plus with this method it'd be easier to test rather than going through a loop of Mari0 -> Notepad -> Mari0 -> Notepad. Also, if someone can't make a good enemy, so be it. But it'd be there to help people and it'd be easier and more convent to learn than loading up a text document (may I remind you it's the same ordeal as modding Mari0 directly)/
*Support for custom ? Block and Coin graphics (i.e. ? Blocks and Coins placed via custom tilesets, static or animated, do not default to SMB1 ? blocks/coins. alternate idea: make the default ? block and coin animated tiles with the ? block and coin graphics and just remove them from the default tileset entirelyIf you do that, you can only have one ? block and coin skin per room, and it's all based on the environment type you select. Say you want an underground level or underwater level with overworld ? block colors or multiple ? color block skins for the same level. Not possible with the current method. Also you're locked to four animation frames for both ? blocks and Coins, while this idea would enable ? blocks/coins with more/less frames.
*Support for placing Coin entities inside brick blocks, making them produce only a single coin. don't understand why this is such a big deal so no comment here A while back we got a good post from Willware about why this would be good to have, plus it's also been in the main Mario games since SMB3.
*Horizontal Scrollbar in editor on tile sets with a tile palette greater or less than 22 tiles wide, plus better tileset scrolling via mouse wheel don't have anything against this idea but I'm not supporting it either I know you aren't with this idea, but to everyone else; It would significantly help since in it's current state, since putting in a tileset that's not a width of 22 tiles would make an otherwise clean tileset instantly messy when viewed in game.
*Support for multiple tile sets, change between each by right clicking the "Custom" tab or you can just combine them if you need more than the max for global graphics cards then that's those people who have a bad graphics card's problem It's fun that when you scroll you end up skipping 10% of an entire tileset compared to windows in a web browser whre it skims down/up more slowly depending on how big the tileset is. Also so we don't have to have tile sets be several megabytes larger just because we wanted a bigger color selection for tiles. Saso wrote a good post regarding this idea and I game my own thoughts on how it could be worked with.
*Modify a Paratroopa's movement via right click (Fly vertically, Fly horizontally, short bounce, long bounce, fly in place) would have to change enemy json configuration to work. like a "rightclickmovement" thing (actually not a bad idea but I hope the first statement got across to you)
*Modify if Bowser can throw hammers via Right click although a minor detail, I still +1 this
*Modify if Hammer Bros can chase the player after a pre-determined number of seconds or instantly see the paratroopa one. though following you after the default time would not be a bad idea ("followafterseconds": 110)
*"Climbable" tile property pointless but practical, I like it, probably more code than what it produces so it won't happen but either way +1
*"Instakill" tile property; kills regardless of size. why not Lava OHKO's in pretty much every Mario game since SMB3, and it'd be awkward putting lasers in insta-death pits.

TurretBot

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 03:44

on the metr0id and "why not" ones I was supporting the idea but I guess it came off sarcastic. sorry.
also for the coinblocks I was saying we remove it defaulting entirely and just make them pre-loaded animated tiles.

MagicPillow

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 03:51

You could make lava by having lasers facing down and changing them to invisible.

Superjustinbros

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 04:22

MagicPillow wrote:You could make lava by having lasers facing down and changing them to invisible.
Then you wouldn't be able to have lasers at all in other parts of the mappack.

Qwerbey

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 04:26

EDIT: This post was dumb; disregard it.
Last edited by Qwerbey on 07 Feb 2014, 04:35, edited 1 time in total.

alesan99

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 04:28

But they won't insta kill

Superjustinbros

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 20:51

Some time ago a guy mentioned a feature where pipes were not only marked with a destination sub level, but also a letter, so if there were two entrances to the same level/sublevel, you wouldn't have to duplicate the original level and/or the sub level.

TripleXero

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 22:13

Do foreground tiles go over lasers? You could do that

MegaKid

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 22:27

Superjustinbros wrote:Some time ago a guy mentioned a feature where pipes were not only marked with a destination sub level, but also a letter, so if there were two entrances to the same level/sublevel, you wouldn't have to duplicate the original level and/or the sub level.
with this you could probally make multiple pipes that go to another place in the same sublevel

eraykaan

Post » 07 Feb 2014, 23:21

Maurice should add 3D aspect to the game like Paper Mari-- oh wait...

Superjustinbros

Post » 08 Feb 2014, 04:59

Boy, I still remember this idea of mine.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1951

And I just remembered the Beter Editor's ability to replace all of one kind of tile with another by holding E then clicking on the tile to replace.

EDIT: One more.

*Better customization for Podobos/UpFires, including changing their "tempo" so if multiple are placed in the same row in the same area, they don't bounce together, but individually like in 1.6. Also, a way to make them start under the screen like normal and not have them always start in midair (where the Podobo entity would just choose the position and max height before it drops back down).

P.S. I don't get what'd be difficult about adding in a "Vine Stop" entity.

AnomalisticSquid

Post » 09 Feb 2014, 21:30

Dark gray gel that can make portalable tiles non-portalable? But that would probably be too situational to be useful.
Or water to remove gel like in Portal 2?

Superjustinbros

Post » 09 Feb 2014, 21:42

For me, such a gel doesn't seem like it'd be too beneficial, since there's really no need to make a portable tile non-portable. Water could be done since it does exist in Portal 2 and you could take advantage of it in rooms that have Gel put in such a way that makes traversing through the room more difficult.

Speaking of Gel, I could go for more customization of Gel dispensers, where you can pick between Normal, Fountain, and Bomb.

*Normal: Standard Gel flow in 1.6.
*Fountain: After the Gel enters/exits a Portal, it begins to erupt in a fountain shape, allowing it to cover a wider area than Normal flow.
*Bomb: Instead of dispensing a stream of Gel, it drops one giant blob. After hitting a solid tile, it explodes, covering nearby tiles in Gel.

MagicPillow

Post » 09 Feb 2014, 21:47

Non-portalable gel would work well with water...

Flutter Skye

Post » 09 Feb 2014, 22:08

Superjustinbros wrote: P.S. I don't get what'd be difficult about adding in a "Vine Stop" entity.

TurretBot

Post » 09 Feb 2014, 22:10

Flutter Skye wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote: P.S. I don't get what'd be difficult about adding in a "Vine Stop" entity.
He was talking about its glitchiness.

Superjustinbros

Post » 10 Feb 2014, 03:37

I'm uncertain if SE has a feature like this in place (as I haven't toyed with every possible thing yet) but there was this I just noticed:
Notice how there are two Platform Spawners on the ceiling; one spawns two on-screen at a time, the other only one. In other words both platform generators generate their platforms at different rates. 1.5 IRL seconds (3 Game seconds) for the first, 3 IRL seconds (6 Game Seconds) for the for the second.