Flutter Skye wrote:Online Multiplayer has been cancelled, an user called Qcode, created a mod which allows online multiplayer though, you can find it here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4440
Sašo wrote:Hopefully Maurice won't hate me for writing in his name and mentioning stuff that has been strictly internal so far.
Itemized list of things to know:
- Maurice is currently finishing his driving school of witchcraft (or something like that) and has been working full time for a while.
- I still have to finish (and by finish I mean start) my diploma work and I have been working full time for even longer (our situations are a bit different).
- Like we said a quadrillion times, Stabyourself.net is a hobby and we work on it when we feel like it, even if that ends up meaning some sense of guilt for lack of updates for our crybaby community.
- Just kidding, you guys are all right. Not everyone but you know what I mean.
- Mari0 online multiplayer is basically cancelled. It was first developed as a rough test only, but an acquaintance of ours offered to work on the MP. He didn't get anything done because he started working on a commercial game (Stanley parable) and basically forgot about Mari0 as time went by.
- Maurice is the kind of guy who get a lot done in a short time, when he feels like it. However, Mari0 grew so much since the beginning that he doesn't feel like he even made it (even though we both know that's bullshit), so his motivation to work on it is lower. It's similar though not as bad with other games.
- For the above reason, Mari0 SE is on hiatus until maybe it suddenly isn't anymore (thought it is, if I recall correctly, mostly done).
- We both want to make a new game and currently the plan is to make something completely new (as in, not based on SMB, or Legend of Halo or an Avatar game) - but we won't start until we get struck by a smooth idea for the gameplay.
- If that's any comfort, Mari0 SE may be stuck right now, but at least nobody wasted $567665 on it.
Users browsing this forum: cracking open a cold one and 1 guest