How do you put in mods?

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
BlackDrag0n1

Post » 11 Jun 2014, 05:16

I have LOVE but I dont know how put in mods for Mari0??? Please help!

BlackDrag0n1

Post » 11 Jun 2014, 05:52

Hello????

HugoBDesigner

Post » 11 Jun 2014, 06:04

You don't add mods to Mari0 (much like you would expect from games like Minecraft). Mari0 (and most LÖVE games) require you to download the whole game again containing the modifications made. In the mods' pages you almost always find ".love" files, which you can run in LÖVE. Most LÖVE mods here are slightly old, which means most of them where made for LÖVE 0.8.0. Make sure to check out if you have this version of LÖVE or if the mod you're playing needs a more recent version. After downloading LÖVE (either the installer version or the executable one), go to the mod downloaded file, right click it and select "open with>LÖVE". If you chose the installer version you probably won't have to do it. But, in either case, you can simply drag the mod's ".love" file over any shortcut for the executable LÖVE and it should run fine. Love files are just renamed zip files, so even if you open the file with WinRAR or similar, you can extract the mod's files to any folder and drag the same folder over LÖVE.

So quickly, in review, the ways you can do it:
1) Open .love files with LÖVE (most probably LÖVE 0.8.0)
2) Drag .love files over a LÖVE shortcut
3) Unpack the .love files and drag the files' folder over a LÖVE shortcut

You can have more information about LÖVE in their HOME PAGE, find the download for other version of LÖVE HERE. At last, you can find mods based on their ratings and see pictures of them HERE. Feel free to make suggestions or rate mods too. If you still have questions, you can ask here or contact me (or most of users here) and we'll answer you.

10/10 quality post. Make me a moderator now :P

EDIT: Forgot an important thing to say: welcome to the forums! We hope you stay and like it :D

BlackDrag0n1

Post » 17 Jun 2014, 00:03

Thanks! Totally would add you as moderator if a could... lol.