mari0 fails to display properly in a tiling wm (i3 here)

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
darklajid

Post » 23 Feb 2014, 15:50

Hi.

I understand that I'm an outlier, so I don't hope for too much sympathy here.. That said, if anyone has any idea what's going wrong here, that'd be appreciated. Right now the game is basically unplayable in my environment. All images below are clickable for the full size/original screenshot.

This is what happens when I start the game. Note that the window is covering ~everything~. Except for a small border at the top this is my whole screen. The used area is far too small..

I can make the window fullscreen (so even the top bar is gone now, this is my native resolution), no change though.

There's a way to make windows 'float' (i.e. turn them into windows as you know them, movable things, no tiling). The window is initially as big as the used area (i.e. the tiny game part) and resizing the window doesn't change a thing:

So
- in my environment, the game seems to think that it should be restricted to a tiny, tiny part of the screen
- the game doesn't react to window resize events at all, it seems

Can I fix this somehow? Is there a workaround, like passing in the required resolution / window size on the command line or something?

Thanks a lot!

Automatik

Post » 23 Feb 2014, 16:09

It's because mari0's window is simply not resizable. It's not meant to have a "custom" resolution. No command line option to fix that.
You could always try to run the SE beta, there is an fullscreen option.
(Warning, it's a beta, it has bugs, multiplayer and controllers don't work, no portal mappack, etc)
Or if you really want to use 1.6, set the "scale" option to an higher value. It's not perfect, but more of your screen will be covered. (Also it recreate the window so if it's using a "floating" mode, it might fix the "enormous window" problem)

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 23 Feb 2014, 18:58

It seems like an SDL (the graphics library) bug, really.
Nothing I can do unfortunately.