Mari0 1.7 Faster Please [Privata for Stabyourself.net]

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Portal_FAN

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 20:59

Here a Video for Maurice and the other creators of mari0

i dont know how this function but here is that

Automatik

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 21:38

-Putting "Privata" in the title don't make it private.
-Don't be childlish. Making a game take time and effory. And especially a game with online multiplayer. And it's not Maurice's job, he has a life. He want to release it ; but he won't do it soon, because he want SE to be polished.
-The online multiplayer is on Hiatus.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 21:42

I can't believe I watched that whole thing.
You got stuck between two letters for a minute.

Saying you "won't like" Maurice if he doesn't create Mari0 Online Multiplayer "faster" is silly.

Mari0 is a great game and it was made for fun and it is free.
You really have no say over whether Mari0 online gets done. Maurice is not being paid by you and you really have no say over what Maurice does.
He is trying, but that is what he is stuck on and why Mari0 SE isn't done "faster"

Maurice also has a real job, so he can't devote all his time into this.

Sorry that you can't play with your friend. You need to get over it and find another game, as I doubt Mari0 SE will be released within a year.

Ninja'd by Automatik XD

alesan99

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 21:51

Making dumb threads won't make the release come earlier. Maurice won't release it until online multiplayer is done.
You should be happy because Maurice is adding more features. If he would've finished online multiplayer then he would've stopped adding features.

Go play some mods, they'll keep you entertained.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 20 Nov 2013, 21:59

Hi.

Online mode will not be released anytime soon. The next release of Mari0 will (and I say this with almost complete certainty) not have online multiplayer.

Reasons why are pretty much irrelevant at this point so I won't even bother with those.

Sorry for disappointing news.

MagicPillow

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 01:50

Sašo wrote:Hi.

Online mode will not be released anytime soon. The next release of Mari0 will (and I say this with almost complete certainty) not have online multiplayer.

Reasons why are pretty much irrelevant at this point so I won't even bother with those.

Am I the only one who's happy to hear this, just so that a new version can be released sooner?

BobTheLawyer

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 01:55

I'm with you magicpillow. I don't see what Maurice is waiting on then, at this point.
I wish he'd just have constant updates instead of waiting years for one.

Superjustinbros

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 02:00

MagicPillow wrote:

Am I the only one who's happy to hear this, just so that a new version can be released sooner?
I'm happy as well, so I can finally try out all the new features.

Camewel

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 02:08

BobTheLawyer wrote:I'm with you magicpillow. I don't see what Maurice is waiting on then, at this point.
I wish he'd just have constant updates instead of waiting years for one.
Latest beta had bugs in it and there's still a fair amount of half-implemented stuff that works enough to make a gif out of but needs more polishing to be playable.

Plus Maurice hates everyone and thus doesn't want them to have fun.

Also there's the 0.9.0 issue, as maurice does love his love betas

Superjustinbros

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 02:45

Well just for those that want to toy with it, here's the map in the video recreated:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/y47zu ... rev_a).zip

There's also some other stuff... 
Last edited by Superjustinbros on 21 Nov 2013, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 02:56

Thanks SJB. I can't wait to get the thrill over reading the meaningful text.

EDIT: That was actually the best way to respond to this thread. 10/10 OP should play it.

kevansevans

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 03:32

Continuing on what Automatik said:

These guys are most likely adults (as established by their country, or older minors) living in the real world, they don't just sit in front of a laptop 24/7 and just code. I can personally understand these sort of things because I've done developing myself in programs such as Flash, ZDoom, and Source Engine, and I have had people hang onto me and expecting me to finish whatever it was i was working on. Not only that, it's annoying to release something only to find there's a small bug in it, and be treated like I can fix it in a matter of seconds every time something gets pointed out. Sometimes i can, sometimes not, depends on the severity. Also, trying to accommodate for every opinion thrown at you is difficult to keep balanced. I can't say the same for maurice here since he has a firm understanding of what would and wouldn't work, but he still has to go through the thought process of judging someone's idea. If he went and did every single little thing that everyone said would be cool, the end product would be disastrous with a due date way later than what's to be expected here.

It's also aggravating being told to hurry up because apparently your emotional status hinges on the very thin fabric that is my work. If that's how you seriously feel about on some small stupid game, then you need to get a girlfriend/boyfriend and watch a movie or go fly a kite for once god damn it.

Edited because I didn't watch the video with sound.
Last edited by kevansevans on 21 Nov 2013, 04:00, edited 2 times in total.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 03:49

It scares me what you are recommending to a child by that last statement.

Jackostar10000

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 12:54

I'm Fine with no Online. It would be very hard to pull off. Start by polishing the LOCAL. then release. And try again for online some other time!

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 14:19

They should get someone else in their life, fly a kite and watch a film? I did that as a kid and trust me, it helped me better than waiting for Duke Nukem Forever (yes, I was a Nukem fan)

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 15:11

Why did this need to become a huge thread

I realize people want it and I already feel bad enough for not delivering.

Assasin-Kiashi

Post » 21 Nov 2013, 15:30

Um... *tsk* how dow expect to um... *tsk* be able to even handle... *TSK* online multiplayer... *btw did i mention TSK* when you can't even um... *TSK.jpg* um... *tttttsssssssskkkkk* HANDLE PLAYING THE GAME OFFLINE? *tskplosion*

Also It's okay Maurice, everyone (well at least everyone with a brain) knows that it's not easy, and that you just need to take your time because there's no point stressing and rushing it when it will only cause it to be sloppy. The fact you want to make sure it's as polished as possible really shows that you care about giving the best you can to us, and that's a good enough excuse for you to let us wait. :)

Portal_FAN

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 18:00

SORRY For this but i think the idea was creating on 2012 (i say only that whe have 2013) AND Sorry but i m so Creating it but i wont delete it

And i see a Video in Youtube.com it was this here It was sooo funny xDDDDDD

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-ItUpA1V88[/youtube]

Portal_FAN

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 18:02

and this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-4C2UdzypY[/youtube]

Its so funny with online the game too but with online it is a bether game sry for that all BUT ITS SOOOOO FUNNY :(

Portal_FAN

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 18:06

i... i i think online multiplayer will be publish or public sry not good in english i see a video is it funny with online multiplayer :D

Qcode

Post » 22 Nov 2013, 19:08