Please Help with Mappack

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Firaga

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 18:20

Whoa whoa whoa. One at a time. Also, (for future reference) there is an 'Edit' button in the top right of posts. Use that next time instead of making multiple posts.
First off welcome to the forums (I've seen you lurking for quite a while). Bring up a chair and enjoy your stay!

As for your questions...

Alesan's Entities is a MOD. Look in the modding section, or click this link. Whether or not there are mappacks made for it (and released to the forums) I have no idea. But if you plan on making a map thread with the mod, make sure to notify people that a mod needs to be used.
Everything you need to know about making a Mari0 Mappack, including Backgrounds and tilesets can be found at this thread.

Firaga

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 18:29

KoopaSchmidt wrote:My friend Nick said my mappack are still fine.
You are getting an error message?

If you are, have you played any mods lately? Placing an entity then loading it up in a different mod or even vanilla would crash it, because it would try to load something that's not there.

Firaga

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 18:41

KoopaSchmidt wrote:My friends want to buy mari0 for christmas.
Mari0 is free.
If Maurice sold it for money, he'd get copyright infringement from both Valve and Nintendo for using their property without a license.

Automatik

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 20:21

Hello! :)
KoopaSchmidt wrote:My friends want to buy mari0 for christmas.
He can get it right now legally for free here: http://stabyourself.net/mari0/
Zack wants to make custom backgrounds.
http://blog.stabyourself.net/post/19366 ... ay-brokers
Blog wrote:How to use custom background:
The screen of Mari0 is 400x224 pixels.
The portal background is the standard custom background, you can overwrite it by doing the following:

Place “background1.png” inside your mappack folder.
You can keep adding consecutive numbers to add more than 1 background (background2.png, background3.png, etc) for parallax scrolling. Adjust the scroll factor slider (main tab) to control the speed of parallax scrolling.

This standard background can be overwritten by each map individually by putting “1-1background1.png” (for world 1-1) inside the folder. Also supports multiple backgrounds.
For sublevels, use “1-1_1background1.png”.

Then check the “Custom Background” box in the main tab of the editor.
My son Victor wanted to play that mappack and copy that mappack so bad.
Want to share your mappack?
open mari0, go into "select mappack" the press M. It's a folder named custom_mappack_[number].
To compress it into one zip, you can use 7Zip.
Then upload somewhere like dropbox.com, and give the download link to victor.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 20:25

Firaga wrote:If Maurice sold it for money, he'd get copyright infringement from both Valve and Nintendo for using their property without a license.
It could be considered a parody game, so he could possibly get away with it. Plus, I hear Germany has nice parody rules.
Many people charge money for copyrighted things and Nintendo doesn't mess with them (Pokemon Tower Defense let's you pay money for legendaries)

I doubt Maurice would charge, but he may be able to get away with it if he did

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 20:51

No I wouldn't.

Camewel

Post » 20 Oct 2013, 22:38

All he did "wrong" was post a lot of pointless messages. Nothing mean, easy to fix, no harm done.