Do Mari0 is considered dead?

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Firaga

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 21:43

This was literally right on the front page.
Stabyourself.net wrote:We figured we might as well post about it. Mari0 SE, that is.

As you might know, it never had a release date (apart from extremely rough guesses which were completely useless), and for a very good reason: it’s a hobby. You pick your own hours and your own projects. Perhaps a bad excuse, but nobody wants to spend their free time working on something as if it’s a job, especially if they end up finding it tedious.

My point is that Mari0 SE is currently on hiatus. No, that doesn’t mean it will never be updated again. No, that doesn’t mean that online multiplayer isn’t coming out. It will come out and it will be released even before Duke Nukem Forever Half-Life 2: Episode 3. I explained why we can’t release it in its current state over here.

That does mean something else: More work on smaller experimental projects, bite sized games like Ortho Robot. Speaking of which, did you ever try it out? We always felt like it got less attention than it deserved and it’s arguably the most polished of our games. If you haven’t, perhaps give it a try.

I can’t imagine everyone will be happy with the news, but a game you forced yourself to make is guaranteed to be less fun than one you also had fun making. It’s a given. Don’t stab yourself over it.

TripleXero

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 22:04

They don't post everything they do 24/7. for all we know, Mari0 could be worked on sometimes, maybe a new game, but maybe not

Firaga

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 22:06

He can decide if it's canceled or not, when and if it or anything else get's released. And I'm pretty sure the hiatus is still in effect.

As for the 'No activity for all the games', it's called having a life. Maurice doesn't spend every waking moment deciding what to code next. He need's a break every once in a while, and with Gamescom coming up, I wouldn't expect a game or even an update to an already existing game coming out particularly soon because he's probably getting ready.

But I do believe after a while, he will make more and more amazing 'piece's of ambrosia'. All we'd need to do is give him some more time.

Gramanaitor

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 22:11

I honestly think that mari0 is dangling by a thread now. The only thing keeping mari0 from dying is when we create mappacks and mods on the forums. But other Stabyourself games, who knows? Maurice could be working on something right now. That might be the reason why he hasn't been posting as often.

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 22:14

Suddenly a stream

Superjustinbros

Post » 01 Aug 2013, 01:01

From what I remember the hiatus is because of issues regarding net play, from what was discussed a few threads back.

OrbitalBlueprint

Post » 17 Sep 2013, 15:46

Do your english is considered dead?

Well, as they said, it is on hiatus. Check the blog.

HAPPYFACES

Post » 17 Sep 2013, 20:53

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say all you did was read the title. It's been established that the OP was an alt of WaryLouka, this topic was absolutely pointless, and you just bumped it for the purpose of insulting the OP.
Thanks for at least not posting the exact same thing as everyone else though; "Wen iz teh ESS EE cuming oot!!??!?!!!?!?"

Welcome to Stabyourself.