Bug with Checkpoint/Checkpoint should be updated

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
MarioFanGamer659

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 07:52

In Mari0 is a bug where you'll be warped into the first map (or in the first sub map if the main map is an "intermission") of a level if you reach a checkpoint in an another level. It should be fixed because some map packs (like my or "The Untitled Game") are using checkpoints in a submap.
Example in "The Untitled Game": You reach the third room in 1-2 (which have a checkpoint), you die, you're in the first room.
And in my: After you reach the pipe in 1-2, you're again in the overworld, you die in, you're again in the cave because the main map is an "intermission".
Sorry, I can't show video because I haven't YouTube nor I haven't a programm where I can record it.
BTW: I'm using Mari0 1.6 and you're warped to the same coordinates where the checkpoint is and sorry if you don't understand me.

idiot9.0

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 08:01

The bug with checkpoints has been known for a while and they have long been fixed for the release of Mari0: SE. SE does not have a release date as of yet though, so for the time being you'll either have to avoid using checkpoints in sublevels or find a good workaround.

A good workaround is to have the player enter a pipe, go back to the main level temporary, add a checkpoint there, then have another pipe lead the player back into a sublevel.

MarioFanGamer659

Post » 31 Jul 2013, 08:10

O.k. and in levle 2-1 I've done that with the pipe but the problem is that there can be only one exit pipe and after the water
survival
zone I usually used for the second part of the level an exit pipe and I have used all five level slots but for level 1-2 and in 1-4 there is a problem.

Edit: "Lakito" should be renamed to "Lakitu", "Squids" to "Blooper" and "Spikey" to "Spiny". Why those enemys have those names?

Edit no. 2: Some entitys doesn't work with "mazes".