Moving platforms- Advanced Settings

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Superjustinbros

Post » 24 Jun 2013, 16:30

I'm sure everyone here knows about the oscillating platforms that can be placed via the editor, and I was thinking of ways to better customize the movement of these platforms aside from the size and position. Mostly in the method of changing the direction of the platform when it first spawns to the player(s), so it can move up or right when it first appears rather than down or left.

On the topic of the elevators that spawn moving up or down, perhaps the option to change the rate at which the elevators spawn, the "tempo" so elevators can alternate spawning platforms between each other (this is most present in the Super Mario Bros. Special mappack's World 4-2, and a platform despawner to remove a platform that spawned from an elevator.

I don't have the Mario0 SE private beta, so I don't know how platforms are handled in said version of the game, or what changes were made.

Camewel

Post » 24 Jun 2013, 18:24

Being able to choose which direction the platform moves doesn't seem all too useful as you could just place the platform from the other side. It'll move in the same way.

Elevators have options for speed, delay, direction and width, but the tempo setting seems interesting. I'm assuming this is for sequences of elevators where they all go up/down together (or half-staggered) without the loading knocking them out of phase, and it seems like a good idea. I don't know how hard it would be to implement though, you'd have to wait for Maurice for that.

Superjustinbros

Post » 24 Jun 2013, 23:13

I'm assuming this is for sequences of elevators where they all go up/down together (or half-staggered) without the loading knocking them out of phase, and it seems like a good idea.
Exactly. Each elevator spawner could be synced with either two to three other elevator spawners.

Jackostar10000

Post » 27 Jun 2013, 15:10

yea, they need this