What is "AXE" control?

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
PapiDimmi

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:30

I want to play multiplayer, and I don't know what this JOY1AXE stuff is. I can't change the controls then it says this:

HELP.

Flutter Skye

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:32

Online multiplayer isn't released yet , it is in Mari0 SE which is still in development.
And the axe is for joypad controls.

PapiDimmi

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:40

FlutterPie wrote:Online multiplayer isn't released yet , it is in Mari0 SE which is still in development.
No I meant local! I'm here with my little brother! And what do you mean with joypad controls?

Flutter Skye

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:42

PapiDimmi wrote:
FlutterPie wrote:Online multiplayer isn't released yet , it is in Mari0 SE which is still in development.
No I meant local! I'm here with my little brother! And what do you mean with joypad controls?
Well you need to control a joypad to you computer , and then you configure it.

PapiDimmi

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:45

FlutterPie wrote:
PapiDimmi wrote:
Well you need to control a joypad to you computer , and then you configure it.
What is joypad? PS3 Controller?

HAPPYFACES

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:47

PapiDimmi wrote:
Connect an xBox controller or other joypad. Not all are supported, I think, but xBox should work fine.

JOY1AXE1 is the joystick's movement to the left, I believe. And the reason you are getting that red text means Portalgun movement cannot be assigned to buttons, only to a joysticks axes; Y and X.

Yes, a PS3 controller is a joypad. But for that to work you're going to need to get a program.
Last edited by HAPPYFACES on 21 May 2013, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.

PapiDimmi

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:50

HAPPYFACES wrote:
PapiDimmi wrote:
Connect an xBox controller or other joypad. Not all are supported, I think, but xBox should work fine.

JOY1AXE is the joystick's movement to the left, I believe. And the reason you are getting that red text means Portalgun movement cannot be assigned to buttons, only to a joysticks axes; Y and X.

Yes, a PS3 controller is a joypad. But for that to work you're going to need to get a program.
Dammit. What program do I need to download? I only have the first Xbox and it's gone. It's old. It's messed up. I don't even know where it is.

What program do I need for Dualshock 3 controller?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:53

PapiDimmi wrote: What is joypad? PS3 Controller?
It's a controller that looks like a PS3 controller, except that it is made for PC and connects through USB. Like this:

(Image from Google)

Once you have it, you'll have to set each button to each function, and things like "Axes" are those "buttons" that you use to move your character (that 2 buttons that rotate).

So, you'll need to set the x axis to the horizontal movement, and y axis to vertical movement.
If you still don't understand, just ask :)

EDIT: Usually they come whit an installation CD, so you don't need anything else.

PapiDimmi

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:57

HugoBDesigner wrote:
PapiDimmi wrote: What is joypad? PS3 Controller?
It's a controller that looks like a PS3 controller, except that it is made for PC and connects through USB. Like this:

(Image from Google)

Once you have it, you'll have to set each button to each function, and things like "Axes" are those "buttons" that you use to move your character (that 2 buttons that rotate).

So, you'll need to set the x axis to the horizontal movement, and y axis to vertical movement.
If you still don't understand, just ask :)

EDIT: Usually they come whit an installation CD, so you don't need anything else.
I don't have it! And I don't wanna spend money just to play multiplayer on this game...can't I use a normal Dualshock 3?

HAPPYFACES

Post » 21 May 2013, 20:59

Motioninjoy.
It's a very small program that lets the computer recognize gamepads/joysticks it can't normally recognize. In this case, PS3 DualShock3 controllers.

Here's what you need to do:
Search for Motioninjoy.
Find its official webpage, there you can get the most recent version. Past versions have nigh unsolvable problems.
Install it.
Plug in your PS3 controller via USB, OR if you have Bluetooth enabled and have a reciever in your computer, sync the controller up to your computer. (Best to use USB, so the PS3 isn't in the way)
Go to the "Drivers" page on Motioninjoy,
Find your PS3 controller on the list.
Select it
Then press "Install Driver"
Once that's finished, your Operating System (Hopefully Windows, right?) should recognize your controller as a gamepad, and from the "Profiles" page you should be able to set your buttons up. Usually best to leave these alone
And you're done. If this didn't help I can provide screenshots.

And yes, you can use your normal PS3 controller, mine works fine.
Oh, a problem that happens on occaision with Motioninjoy (After a few months or something): If it won't start up no matter what you do, just reinstall. It's weird I know.
Motioninjoy HAS to be on in order for your controller to properly be recognized.
And you can only use Motioninjoy when you're connected to the internet for some odd reason.

After all that, you go into Mari0 and assign your PS3's buttons to each action in Mari0.
AIMx has to be set to JOY1AXE5NEG (Thumbstick to the right), and AIMY needs to be set to JOY1AXE4NEG (Thumbstick down).
This is so your left thumb can move mario while the right one handles portals. Other than that, you can assign all other buttons to whatever you feel comfortable with.

(Alternatively, you can DIY a USB input from the end of an xBox controller, but that's a little more complicated than need be for a joypad for a single game.)
Last edited by HAPPYFACES on 21 May 2013, 21:16, edited 4 times in total.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 21 May 2013, 21:02

PapiDimmi wrote: I don't have it! And I don't wanna spend money just to play multiplayer on this game...can't I use a normal Dualshock 3?
I don't know. They should work, because they have USB connections, but they may not work if they were made ONLY for the PlayStation. Also, I bought a controller only to play Mari0, but they work with some other games, so I don't think it is a waste of money. I bought mine for R$20,00 (more or less US$10,00).

Franpa

Post » 25 May 2013, 13:45

I believe Axe is somehow referring to the word Axis (Or is a typo).

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 25 May 2013, 17:19

Axes is the plural of axis and I wanted it 3 letters.

Franpa

Post » 26 May 2013, 10:14

Maurice wrote:Axes is the plural of axis and I wanted it 3 letters.
Learn something new every day.