Has anyone ever thought about these might be in SE? [Updated

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
ZxandeAndSirPooping

Post » 18 Apr 2013, 16:48

Vines that stop because of a block on top from Mario 3 ,

Mario Falling Down A Pit and instead of dying you enter or exit a sublevel From Original Super mario bros .

Enimies entering and exiting Pipes from Mario Bros
and pow blocks

Just letting my thoughts out please don't rant.
Last edited by ZxandeAndSirPooping on 11 May 2013, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 21 Apr 2013, 03:57

I'm sorry, but I don't have OCD so I can't stand the way you wrote that. This is for people like me:
Vines that stop because of a block on top (From Super Mario Brothers 3)

When Mario falls down a pit, instead of dying, you enter (or exit) a sublevel from the original Super Mario Bros.

Just letting my thoughts out. Please don't rant.
There. The first idea is good. The second needs some work.
It would be a cool feature, but you would have to make it obvious that you need to fall down the pit, otherwise it would be unfair.

ZxandeAndSirPooping

Post » 21 Apr 2013, 05:58

TheJonyMyster wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't have OCD so I can't stand the way you wrote that. This is for people like me:
Vines that stop because of a block on top (From Super Mario Brothers 3)

When Mario falls down a pit, instead of dying, you enter (or exit) a sublevel from the original Super Mario Bros.

Just letting my thoughts out. Please don't rant.
There. The first idea is good. The second needs some work.
It would be a cool feature, but you would have to make it obvious that you need to fall down the pit, otherwise it would be unfair.
How about people just try form doors or arrows(with a tile or coins )to the pit so they can know hey that pit isn't a deathpit

TheJonyMyster

Post » 21 Apr 2013, 05:59

I guess that would work, but trolls will probably make arrows above death holes.
The player should probably be warned of hole warps before they play the level.

ZxandeAndSirPooping

Post » 21 Apr 2013, 11:01

TheJonyMyster wrote:I guess that would work, but trolls will probably make arrows above death holes.
I don't know then

ZxandeAndSirPooping

Post » 21 Apr 2013, 18:43

TheJonyMyster wrote:I guess that would work, but trolls will probably make arrows above death holes.
Yes but how they be warned

popcan12

Post » 21 Apr 2013, 21:18

You know, you just double posted.

Also, I don't remember there being pits that could wrap you to a sub level...

Franpa

Post » 21 Apr 2013, 22:32

1) I doubt many would play such a map, also why would a trolls behavior have an impact on what everyone can do? Why must we limit ourselves to things that can't be abused because of the few that would indeed abuse them.

2) Nintendo already demonstrated how they made holes appear safe in Super Mario Bros. (3 coins over a pit at the end of every bonus zone) and Super Mario World (similar but more varied then just 3 coins every time).

Extending the functionality beyond bonus zones and making the destination customizable is a pretty cool idea imho.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 22 Apr 2013, 00:01

popcan12 wrote: Also, I don't remember there being pits that could wrap you to a sub level...
This is an SE suggestion topic.
Franpa wrote:
1) I doubt many would play such a map, also why would a trolls behavior have an impact on what everyone can do? Why must we limit ourselves to things that can't be abused because of the few that would indeed abuse them.
I was only stating the facts. The game's current features already can be used to troll.

Franpa

Post » 22 Apr 2013, 00:02

TheJonyMyster wrote:
popcan12 wrote: Also, I don't remember there being pits that could wrap you to a sub level...
Franpa wrote:
I was only stating the facts. The game's current features already can be used to troll.
Exactly, so what you were stating was something redundant.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 22 Apr 2013, 03:01

Franpa wrote:
TheJonyMyster wrote:
Franpa wrote:

Code: Select all

I guess that would work, but trolls will probably make arrows above death holes.
Exactly, so what you were stating was something redundant.
What was the redundant thing I said?

Franpa

Post » 24 Apr 2013, 14:15

You implied trolls will abuse it all willy nilly, and I'm just saying that such levels will simply get ignored so there is no reason for your argument against the feature.

I may have used the word redundant incorrectly in my last post, sorry about that.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 27 Apr 2013, 07:15

Franpa wrote:
You implied trolls will abuse it all willy nilly, and I'm just saying that such levels will simply get ignored so there is no reason for your argument against the feature.

I may have used the word redundant incorrectly in my last post, sorry about that.
Ok, but after the level is played, you cannot undo the rage you have caused. (Last level, one life, fake pit.)
It can't easily be ignored. Also, if it is in the game, the trap will be used in WNTM.

ChrisGin

Post » 30 Apr 2013, 15:58

Just a note: doesn't falling down in a bonuslevel zone warp you to a new area? Couldn't that same idea be used like what was suggested?

ZxandeAndSirPooping

Post » 01 May 2013, 06:22

ChrisGin wrote:Just a note: doesn't falling down in a bonuslevel zone warp you to a new area? Couldn't that same idea be used like what was suggested?
thats what i basiclly said

Superjustinbros

Post » 03 May 2013, 08:27

Speaking of the vines, I thought long ago an idea about increasing the customability of vines used when entering a bonus level. Like for instance say I wanted to make the vine grow higher and deposit Mario off a few tiles to the left than the original default position. The vine would basically grow and drop Mario off at the "M" entity. This is something that's better described with a picture, and with how SE will have vertical scrolling, this would be a considerable feature to have.

I also had the idea of being able to do "pit warps" without having the vine entry animation, like Super Mario Bros. Special, and the opposite; you start the room after first climbing the vine, but you die if you fall.

popcan12

Post » 05 May 2013, 02:27

Well, with the event system, their should be a teleport system, that teleports you either to a different sublevel, or a different area in the map.

ZxandeAndSirPooping

Post » 05 May 2013, 03:13

popcan12 wrote:Well, with the event system, their should be a teleport system, that teleports you either to a different sublevel, or a different area in the map.
I feel like teleportation will be a problem