[Suggestion] World Portals

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
HugoBDesigner

Post » 10 Apr 2013, 07:37

First of all: sorry for posting suggestions again, I know that some of you guys don't like very much...

I'm making a mappack, and I thought in add some different feature. Searching for the entities tab, I saw the logic mazes, and I thought: "I could use them as world portals!". In fact, they work very well as world portals, but there's a problem: they "copy" the blocks to make them equal to the maze's start, but they don't "copy" entities (except for goomba, koopa, pipe's entrance and some other).If they could "copy" entities like cubes, buttons, portals and other Portal entities, we could do things like this:

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. Of course you don't need to change them, but I would love if you could :)

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 10 Apr 2013, 09:05

It's a lot more effort than it's worth, especially in a 2D world.

Also how exactly is that puzzle supposed to be solved, even with world portals?

HugoBDesigner

Post » 10 Apr 2013, 12:03

Maurice wrote:It's a lot more effort than it's worth, especially in a 2D world.

Also how exactly is that puzzle supposed to be solved, even with world portals?
This image is just an example. Of course, in a normal test, we would add an exit :)

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 10 Apr 2013, 13:34

No, how are you even supposed to get the box on the button? I'm going to assume the white walls are solid.

Franpa

Post » 10 Apr 2013, 17:05

Maurice wrote:No, how are you even supposed to get the box on the button? I'm going to assume the white walls are solid.
It's solved via magic. Obviously the button would need to disable the disintegrater beam thing too and not just the red death laser.

HugoBDesigner

Post » 10 Apr 2013, 18:37

Maurice wrote:No, how are you even supposed to get the box on the button? I'm going to assume the white walls are solid.
They aren't solid. I made them so you could "see" the world portals. If they could work as the world portals, then the entities could travel through them (so, instead of placing the box on the button through the emancipation grill, the player could do this through world portals).
Franpa wrote: It's solved via magic. Obviously the button would need to disable the disintegrater beam thing too and not just the red death laser.
This was just an example. The emancipation grill was just to show how useful world portals could be...

Franpa

Post » 10 Apr 2013, 19:01

Ah in that case you could have signified that better by having a vertical line through the image where the loop occurs.