A Bug/Glitch with Multiple backgrounds

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 00:12

Okay the blog entry that contains on how to have custom backgrounds plus mulitple ones I've noticed a few bugs within' having two backgrounds like in style of Super Mario All Stars Version of SMB which in my own Map Pack it has that BUT when I do a test level or Die during the gameplay it goes to the world's background and not reset on the one stated!

Here's world 1-2 (upper level and borrowed this from the official SMB Map pack)

If this a bug then I hope it gets fixed I wanna bring a All stars style in my map pack which I converted the backgrounds to nes style

This is how I have it on the main upper level of World 1-2

The Sub level of world 1-2 A.K.A the actual level

So if I test the level or die (from playing the 1 player game) it does this!

why it uses the main level background if I defined it? I have it has 1-2_1background1.png not as background2.png please help me and have this as a bug too.

I may think it's because of the indexing or it cannot support more than one background and reset to it's defined background.

Update: it seems when I died inside my Custom built world 1-2 it showed Level one's background but when I goto either my two bonus stages on the l-Pipe (one's a hiden Castle lost level and the main bonus level - it returns back to the predefined background that I used for it.
Last edited by SuperScourge on 21 Mar 2013, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Vyper

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 00:21

I'm pretty sure this has realized already, and will most likely be fixed in Mari0 SE.

SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 00:24

Vyper wrote:I'm pretty sure this has realized already, and will most likely be fixed in Mari0 SE.
I hope so I really would love to create a SMAS All Stars Style to my custom Level pack, I been thinking would my pack also work within' SE when it's released? I would hate to make it all over again.

Vyper

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 00:26

SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 00:34

Well I'll look forward to get it converted I'm not quite done with my Map pack so when SE is released I'm converting right away.

For now Once The Special Edition is released I'll use this to make my Game on how I wanna make it as if it was my own Super Mario Bros. game using the 16-bit stuff!

Superjustinbros

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 06:50

I've had this same bug numerous times before (as everyone has), but since it doesn't cause any faults to the game other than the background visuals, it's not really that much of a problem, at least in my eyes.

SuperScourge

Post » 21 Mar 2013, 20:01

Superjustinbros wrote:I've had this same bug numerous times before (as everyone has), but since it doesn't cause any faults to the game other than the background visuals, it's not really that much of a problem, at least in my eyes.
I wonder, What .lau file that contains the main backgrounds I was thinking maybe create a temp patch to fix this for now and then host the patched version of this so anyone who needs this for their game can use it until Mari0 SE and I'm hoping this will fix up the Backgrounds glitch

Image here's the glitch had to cut some frames out to make this