A bug and a couple suggestions

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
maxweb32

Post » 04 Mar 2013, 09:49

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but I'd like to point out a couple things that have bugged me about multiplayer in Mari0, hopefully these things haven't been pointed out half a dozen times.

When you activate the Player Collision cheat, after someone jumps on the flag pole and someone else gets in front of them in the end of level animation, the player in that animation will get stuck and the level doesn't register as completed so the next level never starts.

for the additions I don't really care if anyone adds them in.

1. Depending on how many people are playing and not dead, more powerups come out ala New Super Mario Bros. Wii

2. Other players can jump on the flag pole after someone else already has, also like in NSMBWii

HAPPYFACES

Post » 04 Mar 2013, 10:49

Well, welcome to the forums! I'm relatively new myself so I'm not quite sure I have the social capability to do such a thing as welcome someone in... But nonetheless, screw da po-lees.

Player Collision is an activated cheat, so yeah, you're gonna get some bugs. Try playing as huge Mario, you're definitely gonna get some bugs with that. I don't think any fixes are coming for that in SE, so don't get your hopes up.

As for the NSMB Wii things, those could be considered improvements upon Mari0's own multiplayer. But eh... Sometimes it's fun to be a dick in MP. Only one mushroom? Mine bitches!

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 04 Mar 2013, 10:50

Thanks for the report.
That problem can't occur in SE though because stopping during the flag animation counts it as completed now.

Your suggestions:
1: I like to watch people try to steal each other's power ups.
2: I never liked that part of nsmbwii.

ucenna

Post » 04 Mar 2013, 18:27

1. I'm pretty sure that when SE comes out someone can make an entity for that.
2. I'm pretty sure that when SE comes out someone can't make an entity for that.

TehPencilmaster

Post » 04 Mar 2013, 18:49

ucenna wrote:1. I'm pretty sure that when SE comes out someone can make an entity for that.
2. I'm pretty sure that when SE comes out someone can't make an entity for that.
And I am pretty sure I will look at the people who can make an entity for that and get jealous.

TurretBot

Post » 09 Mar 2013, 09:20

TehPencilmaster wrote:
ucenna wrote:1. I'm pretty sure that when SE comes out someone can make an entity for that.
And I am pretty sure I will look at the people who can make an entity for that and get jealous.
And I am pretty sure that when you can't make an entity for that, I'l be standing there, laughing.

Also, Maurice, what do you have against multiple people on the flagpole? =\

Superjustinbros

Post » 09 Mar 2013, 14:38

What about the other player(s) still being able to grab the flagpole and enter the building to the next level?

ucenna

Post » 09 Mar 2013, 20:04

Turret Opera wrote:
TehPencilmaster wrote:
And I am pretty sure that when you can't make an entity for that, I'l be standing there, laughing.

Also, Maurice, what do you have against multiple people on the flagpole? =\
I still think we'll be able to make do with creative uses of custom enemies, although no matter how clever you are I don't think anyone would be able to make a custom entity to replace number one though... Aw, peanut butter!!!