[Suggestion] Block types from Platform Racing 2?

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
TurretBot

Post » 23 Jan 2013, 23:41

If you never played PR2, it was a really good game, I'd love to see these ideas from the game in Mari0.
Not all of these ideas have to be used, I just thought they'd fit in Mari0.

Finish Block
Self explanatory, finishes the leves when hit.
In Mari0, you could be able to change the level you go to when hit.

Push Blocks
Blocks that push you left, right, up, or down. Enemies get pushed.
You can't jump on down blocks, and hitting it makes you fall faster.
You bounce on up blocks even if you don't jump, and a wall of up blocks will take you up if you hold left or right.
The left and right blocks would push you in the respective direction, and hiting it from the opposite side you make you bounce off of it.
In Mari0, you could trigger their ability to push you by using switches.

Disappearing Blocks
If you stand of it to long, it disappears, but don't worry, it comes back after a while. Enemies don't make it disappear.
Hitting one from below or the sides would make it disappear too, but it's not immediate.
In Mari0, this would be great for platforming levels. Placing a portal on one would make it not disappear.
Maybe you could make a dissappearing block only dissapear when a signal is given, too.

Crumble Blocks
Touching this block makes it crumble, and if you touch it too much, it'll break. Enemies that touch it from the side do crumble them, and shells break them.
Switches could be a way to crumble a crumble blck in Mari0, and an impact at rainboom speed will break it in one hit. Items could be placed inside them.

Reset Blocks
When you touch them, they take you to the last tile you were standing on that doesn't have any special properties, except for nonportalable tiles and ? blocks.
These could be used for a situation where you don't want the player to die, but still limit the level, or especially for portal levels so you don't have to start all over again,
In Mari0, it kills enemies on contact, but portals can go through it.

Legend_of_Kirby

Post » 23 Jan 2013, 23:42

Cool ideas, One of these is also in BigHead. We need some mario world entities as well.
Last edited by Legend_of_Kirby on 23 Jan 2013, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

Superjustinbros

Post » 24 Jan 2013, 03:52

There was a SMB hack that had something like the Finish block, except you hit it from below and then you win the level. It had a design of a flashing star on it.

Otherwise great suggestions.

TurretBot

Post » 24 Jan 2013, 03:55

That's the same thing as the Finish Block.

Sky

Post » 24 Jan 2013, 04:31

Turret Opera wrote:Push Blocks
Blocks that push you left, right, up, or down. Enemies get pushed.
You bounce on up blocks even if you don't jump.
That sounds similar to a Note Block (aka a Jump Block).
Turret Opera wrote:Disappearing Blocks
If you stand of it to long, it disappears, but don't worry, it comes back after a while. Enemies don't make it disappear.
That sounds similar to a Donut Block (aka a Donut Lift).

And I agree; Mari0 could use these.

Superjustinbros

Post » 24 Jan 2013, 07:41

The crumbling block was something I remembered mostly from Mega Man Powered Up. It was a block that only Gutsman could trigger; as it broke under his extreme weight. Though it breaks after one step, as opposed to three.

I'm sorry if this is going off topic, but there's also the "Flap" platforms from Milon's Secret Castle that fold into the background when you step on it, some even able to fold back to it's original position.

Brick blocks that release boulders, alike Great Giana Sisters, and finally an entity that makes any brick block hold just one coin (of all the times I suggested this even if it's already in SMBC from the very first version on)