[Suggestion] Links and More on Mappack Select

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Mari0Maker

Post » 20 Dec 2012, 23:31

I just thought it'd be a neat feature to have links, pictures, text, and maybe even DLC for the mappack you've selected on the side, like this:
Links could be stuff like a YouTube video of the mappack or a link to the Stabyourself.net Forum.
Pictures could be larger than the icon, and could give more detail to the mappack.
Text could be a longer description of the mappack, so maybe you could have the option for a small description or long one (on the side) in the Options menu.
DLC is, well, Downloadable Content for the mappack, such as extra levels, tilesets, and mods, without having to go to the forum thread. And maybe if the person who made the mappack allows it, people could submit there own DLC to the mappack. You could have the option for No Fan DLC, Moderate Fan DLC (once someone submits it, it must be checked by you first), and plain 'ol Fan DLC (automatically submited, can't be checked by you, but if offending you can delete it later(someone submits one and you don't check it, but you can remove it afterwards)).

All I can see is just links and maybe extra text, but if it's not to hard to add the special stuff such as DLC. :)

renhoek

Post » 21 Dec 2012, 03:34

the files for the DLC are built into the game (take a look at the files inside) so the DLC part of maps will not work... Besides why would they need DLC?

Mari0Maker

Post » 21 Dec 2012, 03:42

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:the files for the DLC are built into the game (take a look at the files inside) so the DLC part of maps will not work... Besides why would they need DLC?
Well, maybe they don't need DLC for extra mappacks and tilesets, but they should have mods, which download automatically and reset the game (for them noobs. :P).
And yeah, I know the DLC mappacks are part of the game already.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 21 Dec 2012, 04:06

I like the mod part, but I don't think it is practical for Maurice... (It would be nice though)

renhoek

Post » 21 Dec 2012, 04:12

Mari0Maker wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:the files for the DLC are built into the game (take a look at the files inside) so the DLC part of maps will not work... Besides why would they need DLC?
Well, maybe they don't need DLC for extra mappacks and tilesets, but they should have mods, which download automatically and reset the game (for them noobs. :P).
And yeah, I know the DLC mappacks are part of the game already.
considering most people who make mods include an exe it's not necessary also what I said about the DLC would also apply for mods.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 21 Dec 2012, 04:17

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote: considering most people who make mods include an exe it's not necessary also what I said about the DLC would also apply for mods.
No. That is entirely not true. Most mods are only in the .love style.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 21 Dec 2012, 10:04

Mari0 does have a DLC system, but we just decided to include all the DLCs with the 1.6 download because there were some problems.
We could theoretically put more DLC in there and your game would get them.

If things work out, that menu will be completely replaced anyway.

Mari0Maker

Post » 21 Dec 2012, 16:51

Thanks for the info! :)