Oh, look, more suggestions

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Shadoo

Post » 05 Nov 2012, 23:57

1. There would be a switch/button or something of the sort that can only be activated by Raccoon Mario's tail.

2. There could also be a button that can be placed on the ceiling and the ceiling only, but to activate it you need to jump up and hit it. (Note: Unlike a super-colliding super button, this will be permanently activated once hit and won't turn off)

3. A cube called the slide cube. It is impossible to pick up, but when you walk up to it and push it it starts sliding. It would either hit a wall and stop or hit a wall and bounce back off, only stopping when you're in the way. It could also be pushed when you use Raccoon Mario's tail.

NOTE: This is a topic for my suggestions only, because for some reason everyone thinks it's a free "hey, post your own suggestions here because Shadoo was updating his suggestions a bit" topic.
Last edited by Shadoo on 14 Jan 2013, 22:11, edited 4 times in total.

Superjustinbros

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 00:32

Shadoo wrote:1. There would be a switch/button or something of the sort that can only be activated by Tanooki Mario's tail.

3. A cube called the slide cube. It is impossible to pick up, but when you walk up to it and push it it starts sliding. It would either hit a wall and stop or hit a wall and bounce back off, only stopping when you're in the way. It could also be pushed when you use Tanooki Mario's tail.
I think you mean Raccoon Mario.

Shadoo

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 00:36

Superjustinbros wrote:
Shadoo wrote:1. There would be a switch/button or something of the sort that can only be activated by Tanooki Mario's tail.

3. A cube called the slide cube. It is impossible to pick up, but when you walk up to it and push it it starts sliding. It would either hit a wall and stop or hit a wall and bounce back off, only stopping when you're in the way. It could also be pushed when you use Tanooki Mario's tail.
I think you mean Raccoon Mario.
Fixed because you totally had to quote when you were the first reply.

Smear-Gel

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 01:19

These sound cool, although we always have to think about how many variable applications suggestions have.

Camewel

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 19:16

Shadoo wrote:I'll be honest here.
I like the idea, but it's completely pointless and not needed.
Like i said before, we don't need more stuff for Maurice to work on.

rokit

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 19:44

Camewel wrote:
+1. Camewel the forum has more reasons to like you.

Shadoo

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 19:46

Camewel wrote:
For one, you don't need to be a jackass.
Two, i'm pretty sure in that same thread you said "go ahead and have it why not" or something of the sort.
Three, dont use my own fucking quotes against me just because "hurr dis wil b funnee"

Mr.Q.Marx?

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 19:49

You can't shoot down someone's idea because, whilst it's a good idea, there are too many ideas and then expect to not have the same treatment when you have another idea a day or so later.

Shadoo

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 19:52

Mr.Q.Marx? wrote:You can't shoot down someone's idea because, whilst it's a good idea, there are too many ideas and then expect to not have the same treatment when you have another idea a day or so later.
It still doesn't mean the guy can be a bitch about it.

rokit

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 20:03

Being a bitch? I wonder - Oh wait...
Shadoo wrote:You're a moron.
You asked in your own post "Tell me a game where someone transforms into a different character" and immediately answered it with "Monster party" and then tried to correct yourself in your reply by adding onto the former quote-in-quote.

Plus, who the hell cares about games with characters transforming into eachother? This is a goddamn fan game combining two official games together, it can have whatever the creator wants it to have.

Stop making oblivious posts trying to be a smartass about shit.
Yeah, that's being a bitch. I mean, you said to stop ideas because one block will delay Mari0 for a week, and post a bunch of suggestions, someone points it out and hes being a bitch about it?

When someone asks a question though... You instantly start posting shit.

On topic: The first one is not bad.

Camewel

Post » 06 Nov 2012, 22:47

Shadoo wrote:
Camewel wrote:
For one, you don't need to be a jackass.
Two, i'm pretty sure in that same thread you said "go ahead and have it why not" or something of the sort.
Three, dont use my own fucking quotes against me just because "hurr dis wil b funnee"
I was making the point that you're a hypocritical moron. You helped me prove that in your reply, so thanks for that.
The first idea seems like a mostly useless idea, as there is very little application for this other than some silly 'go get the racoon then come back here' backtracking search quest that is just annoying.
The second is just you being lazy, that can be done with the upside-down buttons and a latch.
The third is like the original cubes, but minus the ability to pick it up, which I can't see many uses for, apart from silly 'go to the rising platform over there then come back with the cube on a higher platform' backtracking search quest which is still annoying.

Shadoo

Post » 08 Nov 2012, 00:53

Camewel wrote:I was making the point that you're a hypocritical moron. You helped me prove that in your reply, so thanks for that.
The first idea seems like a mostly useless idea, as there is very little application for this other than some silly 'go get the racoon then come back here' backtracking search quest that is just annoying.
The second is just you being lazy, that can be done with the upside-down buttons and a latch.
The third is like the original cubes, but minus the ability to pick it up, which I can't see many uses for, apart from silly 'go to the rising platform over there then come back with the cube on a higher platform' backtracking search quest which is still annoying.
You seem to like being a jerk.

Look, yes, i made a post in the other thread, no, i did not care for it. That still doesn't mean you can quote my post as a reply to my own topic like it's your business.

LightningFire

Post » 08 Nov 2012, 01:08

You guys should just stop arguing, especially you Shadoo. Camewel quoted your post because that's what he felt about this topic. He wasn't using it against you.
Just to stay on topic:
1. What Camewel said.
2. That could actually be a pretty good idea.
3. That would only have a limited amount of uses.

Shadoo

Post » 08 Nov 2012, 18:35

LightningFire wrote:You guys should just stop arguing, especially you Shadoo. Camewel quoted your post because that's what he felt about this topic. He wasn't using it against you.
Just to stay on topic:
1. What Camewel said.
About 1, it would probably mostly be used for alternate paths.

Mariobros2

Post » 08 Nov 2012, 20:16

Shadoo wrote:
LightningFire wrote:You guys should just stop arguing, especially you Shadoo. Camewel quoted your post because that's what he felt about this topic. He wasn't using it against you.
Just to stay on topic:
1. What Camewel said.
About 1, it would probably mostly be used for alternate paths.
Step 1 - Cover the passage with brick blocks.
Step 2 - Brake the blocks with the tail swing.
Step 3 - No need for a new entity.

The second one is already in. It is an on/off block, that sends signal and it stays off/on forever untill you hit it again.
The Third one was already suggested minus the part not being able to hold it. Declined by Maurice.
Last edited by Mariobros2 on 08 Nov 2012, 20:20, edited 2 times in total.

LightningFire

Post » 08 Nov 2012, 20:17

@Shadoo But still. It wouldn't be good enough to add into the game, but it could be good enough to mod.

Camewel

Post » 08 Nov 2012, 20:22

LightningFire wrote:@Shadoo But still. It wouldn't be good enough to add into the game, but it could be good enough to mod.
A feature that makes your score equal to the number of portals you've fired is good enough to mod but it's not exactly good.
Shadoo wrote:About 1, it would probably mostly be used for alternate paths.
Brick blocks over the entranceway to a pipe in an area you can't get a shell into is a vastly superior way of doing this.

Smear-Gel

Post » 08 Nov 2012, 21:45

Camewel wrote:
Shadoo wrote:About 1, it would probably mostly be used for alternate paths.
Brick blocks over the entranceway to a pipe in an area you can't get a shell into is a vastly superior way of doing this.
I think people should start using their imagination to see if their suggestions could be implemented with things already in the game. I remember someone suggesting some new gel property that is basically exactly like an upwards faith plate.

Justin

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 10:50

A list of ideas:
Customizable bullet bills.(speed,homing,duribility )
Those screen scrolling pipes from mario 3.
Customizable hammer bros.(hammers thrown,follow mario,lock on hammers,)
entities and tiles from other mario games organized as such.
backgrounds from Super Mario World and others.
Red versions of those beams that stop portals.(theese would make mario small.)
Stackable items.
Power ups from other games.
When you take a hit as fire or racoon mario turn big.
convayor belts
Gravitational portals
Falling blocks(can hurt mario.)
Vertical bullets
Note blocks
Portable springboard

idiot9.0

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 11:07

Justin wrote:A list of ideas:
Customizable bullet bills.(speed,homing,duribility ) --Possible in SE via Custom Entity creation (AFAIK)
Those screen scrolling pipes from mario 3. --Probably not gonna happen.
Customizable hammer bros.(hammers thrown,follow mario,lock on hammers,) --Same reason as Custom Bullet bills
entities and tiles from other mario games organized as such. --Custom Tilesets handle the tiles, and entities via Custom entity creation in SE
backgrounds from Super Mario World and others. --Custom backgrounds handle this already
Red versions of those beams that stop portals.(theese would make mario small.) --Pretty good idea IMO
Stackable items. --Elaborate more
Power ups from other games. --Custom entity creation in SE again.
When you take a hit as fire or racoon mario turn big. --Mari0 is based off the first SMB, which doesn't do that. So most likely not gonna happen
convayor belts --Again, I kinda like this. Conveyer is spelled wrong though.
Gravitational portals --What?
Falling blocks(can hurt mario.) --Kinda don't like this. But would be interesting.
Vertical bullets --Either Custom entity again or preset portals with normal bullets. Both are in SE. Notice a pattern here?
Note blocks --Springboards can handle this already.
Portable springboard --Don't see a good use for this.
My reaction to your suggestions are in your quote in bold.
(P.S.: Yes he did bump the topic but he did contribute something so don't comment on the bump)

BobTheLawyer

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 15:15

I have no idea how springboards can be compared to note blocks.

Also,I do not think more powerups will be in SE. That would require changing Player.lua, and I don't know if that is free to change with every mappack.

Automatik

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 15:29

idiot9.0 wrote:
Custom ennemy creation, not entity.
And while you can add something like a mushroom, you can't add a power-up like "big" with custom ennemies, it require modding.
Edit:
BobTheLawyer wrote:Also,I do not think more powerups will be in SE. That would require changing Player.lua, and I don't know if that is free to change with every mappack.
With every mappack?
Apart from vanilla mappacks (Smb and portal), there is no SE mappack currently.
And anyway, adding power-ups don't break mappacks.
Edit2:
V-No, not checkpoints, nor portal entities.
You can add a blue turtle or a huge mushroom, but you can't add turtle mario or huge mario with custom ennemies.
Last edited by Automatik on 12 Jan 2013, 15:38, edited 3 times in total.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 15:31

Well, I don't see why not entity.
Can't you take the base of anything?

Superjustinbros

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 15:45

Well, I did see that you were able to place enemies into ? Blocks, so wouldn't it be possible to make custom items like that?

Also, waiting for the day where brick blocks holding only one coin or nothing without making the "item released" sound effect make it into Mari0.

rokit

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 16:30

BobTheLawyer wrote:I have no idea how springboards can be compared to note blocks.

Also,I do not think more powerups will be in SE. That would require changing Player.lua, and I don't know if that is free to change with every mappack.
If you jump on noteblocks in SMB3 you bounce.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 16:45

I meant overall. That box shape with an item being able to be stored.

Franpa

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 17:52

rokit boy wrote:
BobTheLawyer wrote:I have no idea how springboards can be compared to note blocks.

If you jump on noteblocks in SMB3 you bounce.
And Springboards kinda act like glue when you try to time a jump on them. They temporarily halt your horizontal motion unlike music blocks.

Justin

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 20:24

idiot9.0 wrote:
Customizable bullet bills.(speed,homing,duribility ) --Possible in SE via Custom Entity creation (AFAIK)
Those screen scrolling pipes from mario 3. --Probably not gonna happen.
Customizable hammer bros.(hammers thrown,follow mario,lock on hammers,) --Same reason as Custom Bullet bills
entities and tiles from other mario games organized as such. --Custom Tilesets handle the tiles, and entities via Custom entity creation in SE
backgrounds from Super Mario World and others. --Custom backgrounds handle this already
Red versions of those beams that stop portals.(theese would make mario small.) --Pretty good idea IMO
Stackable items. --Elaborate more
When you take a hit as fire or racoon mario turn big. --Mari0 is based off the first SMB, which doesn't do that. So most likely not gonna happen
convayor belts --Again, I kinda like this. Conveyer is spelled wrong though.
Gravitational portals --What?
Falling blocks(can hurt mario.) --Kinda don't like this. But would be interesting.
Vertical bullets --Either Custom entity again or preset portals with normal bullets. Both are in SE. Notice a pattern here?
Note blocks --Springboards can handle this already.
Portable springboard --Don't see a good use for this.
My reaction to your suggestions are in your quote in bold.
(P.S.: Yes he did bump the topic but he did contribute something so don't comment on the bump)
Whoops.Also what does "bumping the topic" mean?When i say stackable i mean like in mario 3 or world where you can hold items.Also sorry if i keep misspelling everything.

Qcode

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 21:08

Bumping the topic is where you reply to a topic that hasn't been posted in for a long time. This is accepted more when you have something to contribute (like you did) but if you reply to a topic that's been dead for a long time saying something unconstructive like "cool" then you're going to get hate.

Superjustinbros

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 21:19

I do have to mention, I do like Justin's suggestion with conveyor belts; since they're in a few SMB1 hacks I've played.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 12 Jan 2013, 23:14

Justin likes Justin's suggestion.

I really want to be able to change Mario.lua per mappack so we can make new power ups.

TurretBot

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 06:17

"red version of those things that black portals" aka lasers

Justin

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 07:33

Turret Opera wrote:"red version of those things that black portals" aka lasers
No I explain it in perenthisis.Read the whole thing before commenting!

Camewel

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 14:10

He means the DEATH GRILLES that you see a lot of in Portal 2 custom maps.

TurretBot

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 14:11

oh well I never played portal 2 custom maps
so I wouldn't know
BUT STILL UST USE A FRIKKEN LAZER

Camewel

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 14:19

DEATH GRILLES were useful in Portal 2 because they had a flat surface, allowing you to block off something.
In a 2D game I really don't see the point.

idiot9.0

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 14:20

Turret Opera wrote:oh well I never played portal 2 custom maps
so I wouldn't know
....really. You can't be this stupid.... Let me explain what he wants.

He wants a red version of the emancipation grills: The red grill would turn Big Mario into Small Mario, not kill him. Which means Big Mario walks through it, turning him into Small Mario, allowing for some no-power-up-allowed areas.
The laser can handle this if you're careful, but usually it'll just kill Mario. Having the red grill will allow an easier way to take a power-up away without the risk of death.

Seriously, READ!!!!

Camewel

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 14:26

TurretBot

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 14:58

idiot9.0 wrote:Seriously, READ!!!!
sorry I can't read (quote renhoek) =p

But now that you explain it, that sounds amazing. But I think it can be done with custom entities.

Justin

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 18:51

idiot9.0 wrote:
Turret Opera wrote:oh well I never played portal 2 custom maps
so I wouldn't know
....really. You can't be this stupid.... Let me explain what he wants.

He wants a red version of the emancipation grills: The red grill would turn Big Mario into Small Mario, not kill him. Which means Big Mario walks through it, turning him into Small Mario, allowing for some no-power-up-allowed areas.
The laser can handle this if you're careful, but usually it'll just kill Mario. Having the red grill will allow an easier way to take a power-up away without the risk of death.

Seriously, READ!!!!
Oh my god thank you!You my friend have just won the internet.I figure the conveyor belt would be used in some cube puzzles.As well as the red thing.(For the record i've never played portal.)Im actually working on a map pack called portal science.And 1 level in and im running out of puzzle ideas.

TurretBot

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 18:57

Here steal this 221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-6,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,221-40,1,1-40,1,221-40,221,221-40,221,221-40,221,224,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221-38-link-12-7,221,221-43,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,134-84-link-2-3,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-4-3,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-6-3,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-8-3,221,1,1,1,221,221,221,221,221,221,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,221,1,221,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-10-3,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,1,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,1,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224-11,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224;background=1;spriteset=1;music=7;custombackground;timelimit=400;scrollfactor=0

Justin

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 19:23

Turret Opera wrote:Here steal this 221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-6,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,221-40,1,1-40,1,221-40,221,221-40,221,221-40,221,224,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221-38-link-12-7,221,221-43,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,134-84-link-2-3,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-4-3,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-6-3,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-8-3,221,1,1,1,221,221,221,221,221,221,224,1,1-43,1,1,1,1,221,1,221,1,1,1,1,221-36-link-10-3,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,1,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,1,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,221,221,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,224,1,1-43,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,1,221,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224-11,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224,224;background=1;spriteset=1;music=7;custombackground;timelimit=400;scrollfactor=0
Dude i have no clue what your posting what do i do with this???

Qcode

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 19:25

Put it in a .txt file and save it as a level in your mappack. It'll show up in game and work as a level.

TurretBot

Post » 13 Jan 2013, 19:26

you'll need to replace the tiles though 'cause I only used one.

Shadoo

Post » 14 Jan 2013, 03:42

What the fuck happened to this topic?

The only reason you guys are posting in it is because of a necro. Nothing more.

renhoek

Post » 14 Jan 2013, 03:44

Shadoo wrote:What the fuck happened to this topic?

some one came up with a few suggestions of their own what's the harm in that?

Shadoo

Post » 14 Jan 2013, 05:33

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:

some one came up with a few suggestions of their own what's the harm in that?
Not anything, really. Except they could've just made a topic themselves instead of leaving the topic's threshold.

TripleXero

Post » 14 Jan 2013, 05:34

What the fuck is a necro?

renhoek

Post » 14 Jan 2013, 06:05

you never stated anywhere in the topic that this topic is for your suggestions alone.

Justin

Post » 14 Jan 2013, 11:08

I really want some necro waffers.Jesus dude just take a chill pill.Remember it goes in your mouth not your.......what were we talking about again?