[suggestion]single coin entity

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
synchron

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 11:50

can someone make a single coin entity or just edit the many coin entity to produce only one? it's much easier to make custom coin blocks.

Franpa

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 14:00

There is already such a thing in the game (v1.6)

Camewel

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 14:01

If he's asking a question about it, he clearly doesn't know where it is. A picture with the coin entity circled would be a good addition to this post.

Pyrosaur

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 16:10

Like this?
The single coin is in the SMB tiles section, not the entities. You can place it by itself for a single coin that can be collected, or inside a bump-able(? block, bricks) block that gives one coin when hit.

Superjustinbros

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 16:42

I think what synchron meant was a single coin entity that could be put into brick blocks so a brick block can only produce one coin if you hit it; the current version of Mari0 only does multi-coin blocks.

Franpa

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 17:18

Superjustinbros wrote:I think what synchron meant was a single coin entity that could be put into brick blocks so a brick block can only produce one coin if you hit it; the current version of Mari0 only does multi-coin blocks.
Have you not played the first level of Super Mario Bros.? So long as you use a block that turns solid after one hit it will work fine. Just change the graphic to look like a brick blocks.

BobTheLawyer

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 18:36

Franpa wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:I think what synchron meant was a single coin entity that could be put into brick blocks so a brick block can only produce one coin if you hit it; the current version of Mari0 only does multi-coin blocks.
Have you not played the first level of Super Mario Bros.? So long as you use a block that turns solid after one hit it will work fine. Just change the graphic to look like a brick blocks.
But then it isn't customizable! You are limited to one thing with one coin. You can't have different colored ? blocks...

Franpa

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 18:48

BobTheLawyer wrote:
Franpa wrote:
But then it isn't customizable! You are limited to one thing with one coin. You can't have different colored ? blocks...
You do realize you can have multiple blocks with identical attributes right?

TripleXero

Post » 27 Oct 2012, 19:06

The easiest way to say it, since a lot of these replies are sort of hard to understand, the normal ? Boxes are the ONLY blocks that produce only one coin from them. You place them down and they automatically have a coin if they don't have another entity on them, which no other block in the game does

synchron

Post » 28 Oct 2012, 08:42

You people DONT understand what im saying...
the reason I want this is because I use many texture packs. i dont have time to edit multiple .love files to get just one block working.
i need an ENTITY! Not a block! The single coin in the mario textures replaces other blocks...
Edit:
Oh and if you put coinblock attributes on a texture it will revert to the original coin block...

RWLabs

Post » 28 Oct 2012, 09:18

(What?)

You don't need to edit any love. files to do this. All you need is Photoshop or Gimp to make a new tileset.

synchron

Post » 28 Oct 2012, 10:20

RWLabs wrote:(What?)

You don't need to edit any love. files to do this. All you need is Photoshop or Gimp to make a new tileset.
You do need to edit love files cuz you are gonna edit it's contents. And coin blocks from tilesets dont work.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 28 Oct 2012, 16:32

You can replace the default coinblock in SE on a mappack basis.

TheSeek

Post » 28 Oct 2012, 17:09

Maurice wrote:You can replace the default coinblock in SE on a mappack basis.
if i got well what synchron wants, this has nothing to do with what he wants.

as it is now, the coin is a simple block with the coin attribute.
what synchron want is for the coin to not be a block, but an entity, and i have to say it's a nice idea, it has some advantages over the actual coin:
you can place it on background blocks(not collidable blocks) without them being replaced by the coin like the current coin would do.
you could put it inside any breakable block so that you can have different textured blocks with a single coin hidden in them(which is something you can't do with how the current coin works) instead of using just the "?" coinblock(which may obviously hide a coin)

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 28 Oct 2012, 21:29

Maybe there's something wrong with a request if nobody really knows what it's about.

synchron

Post » 29 Oct 2012, 03:36

TheSeek wrote:
Maurice wrote:You can replace the default coinblock in SE on a mappack basis.
if i got well what synchron wants, this has nothing to do with what he wants.

as it is now, the coin is a simple block with the coin attribute.
what synchron want is for the coin to not be a block, but an entity, and i have to say it's a nice idea, it has some advantages over the actual coin:
you can place it on background blocks(not collidable blocks) without them being replaced by the coin like the current coin would do.
you could put it inside any breakable block so that you can have different textured blocks with a single coin hidden in them(which is something you can't do with how the current coin works) instead of using just the "?" coinblock(which may obviously hide a coin)
Finally someone got it right! thanks for explaining!

Superjustinbros

Post » 02 Nov 2012, 07:19

Don't forget brick/invisible blocks that became used blocks when hit but don't release anything. (from Super Mario Land 2)

TheJonyMyster

Post » 13 Nov 2012, 02:08

Superjustinbros wrote:Don't forget brick/invisible blocks that became used blocks when hit but don't release anything. (from Super Mario Land 2)
you can do that by putting an entity that doesn't come out of those blocks usually into.
like for example, put a goomba in a ? block. you hit it, nothing comes out.

Superjustinbros

Post » 13 Nov 2012, 04:57

TheJonyMyster wrote:
Superjustinbros wrote:Don't forget brick/invisible blocks that became used blocks when hit but don't release anything. (from Super Mario Land 2)
you can do that by putting an entity that doesn't come out of those blocks usually into.
like for example, put a goomba in a ? block. you hit it, nothing comes out.
The goomba does come out, just not when you hit it. There are entities that don't release anything period (like "BIll End) that could be used.

TheJonyMyster

Post » 18 Nov 2012, 22:29

good idea