Maurice could you...

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Pokenin

Post » 08 Oct 2012, 12:12

Maurice could you add in mari0 SE (in the cheats tab) and option called gravity gun?
If yes try adding it to where the gelcannon is and where minecraft option is.
My idea for the gravity gun is that you can lift up any block (just like you can lift companion cubes) and you can shoot the blocks you lift into your enemies. (don't forget the lightning animation) When you shoot the block, the block will break.
What do you think?

(Note: I understand that it might be very difficult to make this gravity gun, this is just and idea.)

Shadoo

Post » 08 Oct 2012, 23:29

This is "and" very unprogressive idea. We don't need more shit for Maurice to work on forcing SE to come out later than he wants.

master both

Post » 09 Oct 2012, 00:17

I found this a great idea, i have seen what maurice is capable of and this could be a great cheat. Also judging from the livestreams, Mari0 SE is already finished, and maurice was trying to find suggestions as he already run out of ideas. Although i could be totally wrong here.

Camewel

Post » 09 Oct 2012, 01:14

master both wrote:Also judging from the livestreams, Mari0 SE is already finished
haha no

cbailey78

Post » 09 Oct 2012, 19:58

Shadoo wrote:This is "and" very unprogressive idea. We don't need more shit for Maurice to work on forcing SE to come out later than he wants.
I agree on this one. Everybody is really anxious for SE to come out just like me.

Pokenin

Post » 10 Oct 2012, 20:40

Shadoo wrote:This is "and" very unprogressive idea. We don't need more shit for Maurice to work on forcing SE to come out later than he wants.
Yeah you're right Shadoo, we just want the game, we don't want to wait more time.
Well... maybe in a future update? :D

(Note that this is just an idea)

Turtle95

Post » 11 Oct 2012, 01:42

Pokenin wrote:
Yeah you're right Shadoo, we just want the game, we don't want to wait more time.
Well... maybe in a future update? :D

(Note that this is just an idea)
I don't like the idea of it being in Mari0 in general. Although modding the game would be fine. Having Maurice do it plus the fact that it really has no purpose in Mari0 just--no.

Pokenin

Post » 11 Oct 2012, 20:09

Turtle95 wrote: I don't like the idea of it being in Mari0 in general. Although modding the game would be fine. Having Maurice do it plus the fact that it really has no purpose in Mari0 just--no.
I think its a good idea. Do you really think the gelcannon and the minecraft mode have purpose? Answer : They don't. But they are awesome! Just like this idea might be.
Right?

Edit: it seems you're an Half life hater...

Turtle95

Post » 11 Oct 2012, 23:49

Pokenin wrote:
Turtle95 wrote: I don't like the idea of it being in Mari0 in general. Although modding the game would be fine. Having Maurice do it plus the fact that it really has no purpose in Mari0 just--no.
I think its a good idea. Do you really think the gelcannon and the minecraft mode have purpose? Answer : They don't. But they are awesome! Just like this idea might be.
Right?

1) Don't assume ANYTHING. EVER. PERIOD.
2) I'm NOT a HL hater! I enjoy the series, alot. Not as much as Portal. But this isn't Mario-Life where you're Mario Freeman going round with a gravity gun. It's Mari0. Mario with portals. It has NOTHING to do with Half-Life. Gelcannon = Gels which are in portal 2. Minecraft is underused, and does have no purpose, but it's fun. A gravity gun is pointless because there's really less of a point than you want to think.

lolpoop89

Post » 12 Oct 2012, 00:21

Maurice wrote:No.

Shadoo

Post » 12 Oct 2012, 21:21

Turtle95 wrote:
Pokenin wrote:
Right?

1) Don't assume ANYTHING. EVER. PERIOD.
2) I'm NOT a HL hater! I enjoy the series, alot. Not as much as Portal. But this isn't Mario-Life where you're Mario Freeman going round with a gravity gun. It's Mari0. Mario with portals. It has NOTHING to do with Half-Life. Gelcannon = Gels which are in portal 2. Minecraft is underused, and does have no purpose, but it's fun. A gravity gun is pointless because there's really less of a point than you want to think.
Plus the wanker is appraising his own idea, which automatically makes him a moron.

Pokenin

Post » 12 Oct 2012, 22:09

Don't you really think it whold be fun to have the gravity gun mode? Come on, don't you think it whold be fun just like minecraft mode is? Imagine the possibilities... Maps could use the gravity gun... That way you could fight in a badass way.
And another thing. If you call mario Freeman is like if you are calling mario in the minecraft mode as Steve Mario.
Does that make any sense to you? Answer: No it doesn't. So your argument about that is invalid. PERIOD

idiot9.0

Post » 12 Oct 2012, 22:30

Pokenin wrote:Don't you really think it whold be fun to have the gravity gun mode? Come on, don't you think it whold be fun just like minecraft mode is? Imagine the possibilities... Maps could use the gravity gun... That way you could fight in a badass way.
And another thing. If you call mario Freeman is like if you are calling mario in the minecraft mode as Steve Mario.
Does that make any sense to you? Answer: No it doesn't. So your argument about that is invalid. PERIOD
1) No, I don't think the Gravity Gun would be fun
2) Minecraft mode is more of a novelty, and IMO it's not that fun anyway.
3) No one would really make maps designed around the Gravity Gun. No one makes maps designed around the Minecraft cheat, just the Minecraft look. Those maps still encourage use of the Portal Gun.
4) I don't ever remember the Gravity Gun making you badass.
5) The Mario Freeman thing was a joke, kid.

This is in no way an awful idea. It just wouldn't really fit in to Mari0 is what people are saying. Also don't call people Half Life haters just because they disagree with you.

Firaga

Post » 13 Oct 2012, 00:28

Pokenin wrote:Maurice could you add in mari0 SE (in the cheats tab) and option called gravity gun?
If yes try adding it to where the gelcannon is and where minecraft option is.
My idea for the gravity gun is that you can lift up any block (just like you can lift companion cubes) and you can shoot the blocks you lift into your enemies. (don't forget the lightning animation) When you shoot the block, the block will break.
What do you think?

(Note: I understand that it might be very difficult to make this gravity gun, this is just and idea.)
Maurice wrote: No.

Pokenin

Post » 13 Oct 2012, 01:26

idiot9.0 wrote:
Pokenin wrote:Don't you really think it whold be fun to have the gravity gun mode? Come on, don't you think it whold be fun just like minecraft mode is? Imagine the possibilities... Maps could use the gravity gun... That way you could fight in a badass way.
1) No, I don't think the Gravity Gun would be fun
2) Minecraft mode is more of a novelty, and IMO it's not that fun anyway.
3) No one would really make maps designed around the Gravity Gun. No one makes maps designed around the Minecraft cheat, just the Minecraft look. Those maps still encourage use of the Portal Gun.
4) I don't ever remember the Gravity Gun making you badass.
5) The Mario Freeman thing was a joke, kid.

This is in no way an awful idea. It just wouldn't really fit in to Mari0 is what people are saying. Also don't call people Half Life haters just because they disagree with you.
I guess you are right. I'm closing this post then. I just wanted to see what Maurice thinks about this idea...

Qcode

Post » 13 Oct 2012, 02:45

Also, the ability of putting down blocks wherever you wanted to wouldn't work, they would have to latch directly to another block. As of 1.6, the map that is drawn, and the blocks that are physics objects are handled separately. So when you used the gravity gun, unless Maurice changed something inside the way these two things were handled, placing down and picking up would be the exact same as Minecraft mode. And if he did change something to allow blocks on pixel basis, then that would really screw with the portal system.

Pokenin

Post » 13 Oct 2012, 11:01

Qcode wrote:Also, the ability of putting down blocks wherever you wanted to wouldn't work, they would have to latch directly to another block. As of 1.6, the map that is drawn, and the blocks that are physics objects are handled separately. So when you used the gravity gun, unless Maurice changed something inside the way these two things were handled, placing down and picking up would be the exact same as Minecraft mode. And if he did change something to allow blocks on pixel basis, then that would really screw with the portal system.
I get it now. This post is finished!