Questions relating to multiplayer & controls

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Alphaunit

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 15:25

I have a small question before release which is relating to how multiplayer will work in terms of controls.
For the split screen multiplayer how exactly will the controls work? Will it be, say, one person uses the arrow keys and mouse while the other uses awsd and say, q and e to turn the gun aim? Or will it be you need a control pad to play multiplayer or a second mouse (never heard that being done before)? Hope it isn't you need a control pad since TBH I don't have one!

Raicuparta

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 15:30

No split screen, at least not at release.
Controls are configurable, by default one player uses WASD Shift Space +Mouse and others use game controllers. You can also set all 4 players to the keyboard, but for the aiming they only work with controller axes. Only 1 mouse.

Actually Trine 2 (maybe 1 too, not sure) allows you to use multiple mouses, maybe that means that in the future it might be possible in Mari0.

Alphaunit

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 15:34

Raicuparta wrote:No split screen, at least not at release.
Controls are configurable, by default one player uses WASD Shift Space +Mouse and others use game controllers. You can also set all 4 players to the keyboard, but for the aiming they only work with controller axes. Only 1 mouse.

Actually Trine 2 (maybe 1 too, not sure) allows you to use multiple mouses, maybe that means that in the future it might be possible in Mari0.
actually, if you look at the news post on 28th of december it says there will be local multiplayer! (it also mentions gamepads being used so that may answer my question)
Also, i have two mouses so that wont be a problem

rokit

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 15:35

Alphaunit wrote:

actually, if you look at the news post on 28th of december it says there will be local multiplayer! (it also mentions gamepads being used so that may answer my question)
Why did you ask?

Alphaunit

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 15:37

rokit boy wrote:
Alphaunit wrote:

Why did you ask?
because im still wondering if the keyboard can be used for a kind of aiming... its hard to explain but basicly if you held, say e the aim will rotate clockwise and vise versa for q.

trosh

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 15:40

lol raicuparta did answer your question - there is indeed local multiplayer, just no splitscreen like in the video. Also yeah having two MICE won't be of use, you need gamepads that your computer will recognise as such (normally a computer can only have one "real" mouse)
and no, you can't set keyboard for aiming : http://i.imgur.com/r7rKW.png

cowSheepo

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 16:52

It's open source, so it shouldn't be too hard to mod the controls

Camewel

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 17:05

trosh wrote:lol raicuparta did answer your question - there is indeed local multiplayer, just no splitscreen like in the video. Also yeah having two MICE won't be of use, you need gamepads that your computer will recognise as such (normally a computer can only have one "real" mouse)
and no, you can't set keyboard for aiming : http://i.imgur.com/r7rKW.png
I will use my battleaxe then.

trosh

Post » 03 Mar 2012, 17:07

cowSheepo wrote:It's open source, so it shouldn't be too hard to mod the controls
lol. open source isn't the answer to everything. basic key control is quite low level stuff I'd say, so Maurice would really be the only person who should be able to change that.