[Suggestion] Beards and Moustaches

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
MonkeyMan12

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 04:53

In the options screen you can choose beards and moustaches to change just like hats. I don't know how to say it but i think you can figure out what im trying to get at so...

Sky

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 05:10

Suddenly, Abraham Lincoln with a portal gun.

renhoek

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 05:27

or you could just make a custom hat to go over Mario's face...
seems pointless to make it another option.

if by that logic we need facial hair
then what about shoes, shirts and pants?

RWLabs

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 05:56

Adding beards to hats, as renhoek said, pretty much solves everything...
Abraham Lincoln with a portal gun needs to happen.

MonkeyMan12

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 08:33

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:or you could just make a custom hat to go over Mario's face...
I don't think your getting the point. Having beards and the such as a hat would work, BUT, what if you wanted to wear a football helmet aswell? You can't because your already using the hat option for a beard.
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:then what about shoes, shirts and pants?
Although it would be a pain in the butt to (be bothered) to program it in, yes, that sounds like a cool idea. :)
RWLabs wrote:Adding beards to hats, as renhoek said, pretty much solves everything...
Just look at what i said up there.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 09:07

I won't do this.

renhoek

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 09:09

MonkeyMan12 wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:or you could just make a custom hat to go over Mario's face...
I don't think your getting the point. Having beards and the such as a hat would work, BUT, what if you wanted to wear a football helmet aswell? You can't because your already using the hat option for a beard. -Again if you wanted that you could make it yourself (also I wasn't aware of any football helmets in mari0)-
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:then what about shoes, shirts and pants?
Although it would be a pain in the butt to (be bothered) to program it in, yes, that sounds like a cool idea. :) -I wasn't being serious-
RWLabs wrote:Adding beards to hats, as renhoek said, pretty much solves everything...
Just look at what i said up there. -what was the point of responding to him?-
read the red text for my response

oh and it's not about programming I just think it's a stupid idea to make an entirely new menu system just for that 1 thing

oh and if you don't know how to add custom hats
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=750

MonkeyMan12

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 09:31

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:oh and if you don't know how to add custom hats
I do but that's not what matters, Maurice said no so case closed.

SpocKirk

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 18:37

MonkeyMan12 wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:oh and if you don't know how to add custom hats
I do but that's not what matters, Maurice said no so case closed.
Maurice said no, but you/someone can still do it. That's why it's open-source.

Franpa

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 19:55

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:oh and it's not about programming I just think it's a stupid idea to make an entirely new menu system just for that 1 thing
I don't think that is the only reason (Though it IS a very good one.), someone would also need to create the graphical data.

LightningFire

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 23:01

It just somehow annoys me that when someone posts an idea, then Maurice says 'I won't do it', people still talk and say Maurice should add it, then after a long while of talking, Saso comes and locks the thread. It kinda happens every single time in the Mari0 forums (Not to be offensive or anything :P).

thunderfapper

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 23:13

Agreed LF

Camewel

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 23:26

LightningFire wrote:It just somehow annoys me that when someone posts an idea, then Maurice says 'I won't do it', people still talk and say Maurice should add it, then after a long while of talking, Saso comes and locks the thread. It kinda happens every single time in the Mari0 forums (Not to be offensive or anything :P).
You seem to think Maurice is the only person capable of coding or making decisions here. If someone wants to make this, they will. People can mod the game, that's why it's open source. Posting about the face that people shouldn't be posting in a topic is hypocritical, and your post is easily the least useful so far.

LightningFire

Post » 19 Apr 2012, 23:54

Camewel wrote:
LF wrote:It just somehow annoys me that when someone posts an idea, then Maurice says 'I won't do it', people still talk and say Maurice should add it, then after a long while of talking, Saso comes and locks the thread. It kinda happens every single time in the Mari0 forums (Not to be offensive or anything :P).
You seem to think Maurice is the only person capable of coding or making decisions here. If someone wants to make this, they will. People can mod the game, that's why it's open source. Posting about the face that people shouldn't be posting in a topic is hypocritical, and your post is easily the least useful so far.
I don't want to start a fight, but I never said anything about Maurice being the only person capable of coding, and I never said that it's impossible for people to make a mod. I actually like that idea for a mod, but the point is, in the other post, I was talking about me not liking that someone posts an idea, then Maurice says no, then people still talk about it, etc. And when I posted that, I wasn't referring to EXACTLY this thread, I was referring to almost all the threads with ideas that are neglected.

Camewel

Post » 20 Apr 2012, 00:42

He said 'I won't make this' and left the thread open. He was suggesting that someone else should make it if they want it. I really shouldn't have to spell that out for you, it sort of ruins the effect.

LightningFire

Post » 20 Apr 2012, 01:30

Ahem
LF wrote:And when I posted that, I wasn't referring to EXACTLY this thread, I was referring to almost all the threads with ideas that are neglected.
Ok, let's just stop arguing, because I don't think anyone would check here just to see two users argue, and because I don't wanna argue, and even less with you, so let's just forget about that and stay on-topic. And if they don't make a mod, you can just go with renhoek's idea, and just make the hat that you wanna make with the beard. Problem Solved.

renhoek

Post » 20 Apr 2012, 04:35

LightningFire wrote:It just somehow annoys me that when someone posts an idea, then Maurice says 'I won't do it', people still talk and say Maurice should add it, then after a long while of talking, Saso comes and locks the thread. It kinda happens every single time in the Mari0 forums (Not to be offensive or anything :P).
*proceeds to post 2 more times*