[Suggestion] Easier methods for importing music and bgs

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
Superjustinbros

Post » 10 Apr 2012, 03:55

Just asking if by any chance a future version of Mari0 could include a easier method of uploading/importing music and backgrounds into custom levels, where it asks you to pick a file on your hard drive; in which from there the game will then place the file into the desired mappack folder with the appropriate filename for the level it is used on.

Speaking of custom levels, I also wanted to mention there are a lot of faults with pipe entrances and exits in the editor, as when you enter some pipes, even if both entry too and from the pipes are configured, you'll end up spawning at the normal configured starting point (the M entity) rather than the desired pipe entrance. Also I think the "Pipe Exit" and "Pipe Entrance" entities should be overlayable, in the case of pipes that one can both exit and enter from.

Camewel

Post » 10 Apr 2012, 03:57

For the first one, that's impossible in love, it only has access to the saves folder.

Superjustinbros

Post » 10 Apr 2012, 04:00

Camewel wrote:For the first one, that's impossible in love, it only has access to the saves folder.
Darn; I knew Love wasn't that advanced. :X

PloXyZeRO

Post » 10 Apr 2012, 05:33

Superjustinbros wrote:
Camewel wrote:For the first one, that's impossible in love, it only has access to the saves folder.
Darn; I knew Love wasn't that advanced. :X
It's actually for security reasons, so people can't make games that delete system32 or something.