Streaming game development: https://www.twitch.tv/stabyourself Image

Still Alive mari0?

RumblezMan
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 00:20
Reputation: 0

Post » 17 Feb 2012, 00:40

*bowser singing*
This was a triumph
I'm dying in lava here HELL NO D:
Its hard to avoid my Hammers and flames

Mushroom kingdom
I will conquer ir someday
For the bad of all of you
Except the koopas

But theres no sense saving
Princess peach again
I will steal her
Till lakitus dont fly

So i'm glad i got dead
And for all the battles we had
For the goombas who are
Still Alive

Yeah it doesnt rhyme but you can continue it

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 17 Feb 2012, 09:54

And it doesn't match the syllable count.

Bal0rCIM
User avatar
Posts: 32
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 13:32
Reputation: 0

Post » 17 Feb 2012, 16:14

Ah.Rhyme? :D

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 17 Feb 2012, 17:09

roses are red
violets are blue
I can't rhyme
shit fuck poo

Rainbow Dash
User avatar
Posts: 7
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:36
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 20:08

I think we should leave Maurice to come up with the End Theme.

Pyrosaur
User avatar
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 20:23

I think for the end theme it should just play this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9x1nTTE ... re=related

Seriously guys, I really feel this guy isn't getting enough credit for this amazing piece of work.

RumblezMan
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 00:20
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 20:25

Pyr0saur wrote:I think for the end theme it should just play this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9x1nTTE ... re=related

Seriously guys, I really feel this guy isn't getting enough credit for this amazing piece of work.


I saw it, i listened it like hours :D. I think the same as you: "I really feel this guy isn't getting enough credit for this amazing piece of work." "I think for the end theme it should just play this"

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 20:32

I don't like it very much.

Elbow
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 01:51
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 20:59

Maurice wrote:I don't like it very much.

Same here. It doesn't fit the style of Mari0. 8-BIT.

RabidJellyfish
User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:49
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 21:48

Maurice wrote:I don't like it very much.


May I ask why? I want to know what I can improve on next time I write music. I know the other guy said to make it 8-bit but if it's something else that just generally makes it sound bad, by all means tell me what it is.

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:04

I'm not a music critic.

RabidJellyfish
User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:49
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:08

Maurice wrote:I'm not a music critic.


So you don't like it for no reason?

Maurice
Stabyourself.net
Posts: 2142
Joined: 01 Feb 2012, 20:19
Reputation: 103

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:10

There's nothing original in there, the melodies don't fit, the instrument choice hurts my ears.
The only "okay" part is the last bit with want you gone.

RumblezMan
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 00:20
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:14

Maurice wrote:There's nothing original in there, the melodies don't fit, the instrument choice hurts my ears.
The only "okay" part is the last bit with want you gone.

Well, just contact the author to "8-bit" it

RabidJellyfish
User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:49
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:31

I AM the author.

RumblezMan
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 00:20
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:35

RabidJellyfish wrote:I AM the author.

Then do it 8 bit LOL.

RabidJellyfish
User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:49
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:52

RumblezMan wrote:Then do it 8 bit LOL.


I'd only do that if he put it in the game and gave me credit, but he just said he doesn't like it so that's not happening. Plus I don't even like it either.. the only reason I finished it for the contest was because people on the main website liked the unfinished version I posted. So I'm probably not going to touch it anymore.

Pyrosaur
User avatar
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 22:53

I would be interested in hearing a new version with Maurice's suggestions, although I still like the original.

i-be-hungry
User avatar
Posts: 37
Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 01:02
Reputation: 0

Post » 18 Feb 2012, 23:35

many people have differing tastes in music. I like it very much. it does have a couple of sour notes, but other than that, I think its excellent!!

Raicuparta
User avatar
Posts: 533
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:07
Reputation: 27
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 00:21

Pyr0saur wrote:I would be interested in hearing a new version with Maurice's suggestions, although I still like the original.

he didn't give any suggestions
I think the music was an awesome idea but some parts just feel off, the melodies are so different that I don't see a way to make it sound good with them both playing at the same time. I'm still amazed that he actually managed to make it that good.

RabidJellyfish
User avatar
Posts: 65
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:49
Reputation: 0

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 00:35

Raicuparta wrote:
Pyr0saur wrote:I would be interested in hearing a new version with Maurice's suggestions, although I still like the original.

he didn't give any suggestions
I think the music was an awesome idea but some parts just feel off, the melodies are so different that I don't see a way to make it sound good with them both playing at the same time. I'm still amazed that he actually managed to make it that good.


Yeah, when I started making it it sounded good in my head, but then I realized the Portal and Mario songs had entirely different chord progressions. So it was virtually impossible to combine them without altering the melodies or having a few bad notes.

Pyrosaur
User avatar
Posts: 769
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 00:15
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 02:08

"There's nothing original in there, the melodies don't fit, the instrument choice hurts my ears."

This could be viewed as suggestions.

Lexsym
User avatar
Posts: 84
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 05:32
Reputation: 1
Contact:

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 02:54


renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 03:25

a program called FAMITRAKER is perfect for making 8-bit songs

or if you don't like the sound

and if you want further proof it can do 8-bit


check mate ;)

Kyle Prior
User avatar
Posts: 477
Joined: 02 Feb 2012, 23:38
Reputation: 5

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 03:34

oh, I miss working with trackers a little bit.. : )

RumblezMan
User avatar
Posts: 153
Joined: 12 Feb 2012, 00:20
Reputation: 0

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 11:57

just delete the voices from still alive and its perfect

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 19 Feb 2012, 14:31

RumblezMan wrote:just delete the voices from still alive and its perfect


yeah I didn't like the voices either But it is possible to have a sort of voice

I remember the guy claiming that he used a technique konami used
(you have to listen very carfully for the "yo"s.) EDIT (or is it go?)

SpocKirk
User avatar
Posts: 160
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 02:48
Reputation: 2

Post » 21 Feb 2012, 20:11

More voice in 8-bit
http://youtu.be/XUZOzEBAIww

Kip Dynamite
Posts: 6
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:45
Reputation: 0

Post » 21 Feb 2012, 22:34


renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 22 Feb 2012, 10:47

SpocKirk wrote:More voice in 8-bit
http://youtu.be/XUZOzEBAIww


S.C.A.T.
seemed to have the best quality

Kip Dynamite wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ykclsLmLqQ

USE THIS


umm why? I skipped about a bit to see if you meant sounds of voices (didn't hear any), but please tell me what this has to do with portal or mario? (we don't want to make it a gigantic crossover here... *stares at that forum of people asking Maorice to keep that mlp hat*).

Kip Dynamite
Posts: 6
Joined: 04 Feb 2012, 02:45
Reputation: 0

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 07:14

xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
umm why? I skipped about a bit to see if you meant sounds of voices (didn't hear any), but please tell me what this has to do with portal or mario? (we don't want to make it a gigantic crossover here... *stares at that forum of people asking Maorice to keep that mlp hat*).


oh.. im sorry.. i wasnt aware that you were the one making the game.. sorry about that.. yeah. it was a HORRIBLE recommendation.

renhoek
User avatar
Posts: 4559
Joined: 11 Feb 2012, 10:04
Reputation: 215

Post » 23 Feb 2012, 12:22

Kip Dynamite wrote:
xXxrenhoekxXx wrote:
umm why? I skipped about a bit to see if you meant sounds of voices (didn't hear any), but please tell me what this has to do with portal or mario? (we don't want to make it a gigantic crossover here... *stares at that forum of people asking Maorice to keep that mlp hat*).


oh.. im sorry.. i wasnt aware that you were the one making the game.. sorry about that.. yeah. it was a HORRIBLE recommendation.


... I don't think you understood what I was saying see I was saying that THE MUSIC must be related to PORTAL and MARIO otherwise we may as well call it super c0ntra br0s of z3lda m3ga adv3nture mari0 bros turbo I wasen't being mean I just didn't see how it was related to anything... also it just seemed out of place sinse we were talking about voices in games, and you're right I'm not in charge of mari0 Maurice is and it's his decision.

Elbow
User avatar
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 Feb 2012, 01:51
Reputation: 0

Post » 24 Feb 2012, 15:12

Guys, the 8-Bit Portal songs need to sounds like the original Mario Bros theme..


Return to “Mari0”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron