Suggestions to Mari0

General Mar0 discussion has been moved to this subforum!
RumblezMan

Post » 12 Feb 2012, 00:35

I got some cool suggestions here: (as im so excited for release, and to prove i got the best pixel art from the contest on my ipod desktop :D)
- Level editor with both Mario and Portal palletes (just add the palletes.)
- Custom textures (?)
- Online mode competitions:
+Battle: a battle, where 4 players would shoot shells with portals and jump on each other's heads for coins/points, and PGun's colors would be Blue/Purple, Red/Orange, Green/Light Green and Yellow/White
+Co-op racing or simply Racing: 2 teams race (with 1-2 people) to the finish.
+Portal CTF: I just invented it: 2 teams compete for others flag, but you can only place portals on your half, and if you shoot the portal in someone of other team it just goes to spawn.
+Mutant turret (or somenthing) chase: Lots of people (without portal guns, but with portals spawning leading to somewhere) are in the server then one is picked to be the first mutant turret. It chases other players, just like infection mode in some other games...
- Official trailer and regular updating

And i think that's it :) Hope Maurice and Saso like those :D

Sašo
Stabyourself.net

Post » 12 Feb 2012, 00:54

Level editor is already in. Same with a custom texture set (which IIRC isn't limited in size).
Online is on hold until the first version is released, but we'll see.

RumblezMan

Post » 12 Feb 2012, 00:55

Sašo wrote:Level editor is already in. Same with a custom texture set (which IIRC isn't limited in size).
Online is on hold until the first version is released, but we'll see.
I know, thats why i edited and said (Just put the palletes.) And i wish i had the beta but i didn't win the contest D: xD

Jorichi

Post » 12 Feb 2012, 01:01

I like the battle idea.
I can remember a Mario game (not original) I used to play with my friends quite some years ago. You play Mario on a screen sized level and the purpose was to kill each other by jumping on them. Simple, but hilarious! The fun part was that when you killed two in a row an announcer would say, in a deep voice; "Double kill!" and "Triple kill!" for three and "Overkill" for four and so on. We had hours of fun playing that.

I bet this can be much more fun if portals (maybe even Goomba's and Koopa's) are added ;)

RumblezMan

Post » 12 Feb 2012, 01:05

Jorichi wrote:I like the battle idea.
I can remember a Mario game (not original) I used to play with my friends quite some years ago. You play Mario on a screen sized level and the purpose was to kill each other by jumping on them. Simple, but hilarious! The fun part was that when you killed two in a row an announcer would say, in a deep voice; "Double kill!" and "Triple kill!" for three and "Overkill" for four and so on. We had hours of fun playing that.

I bet this can be much more fun if portals (maybe even Goomba's and Koopa's) are added ;)
The arenas had to be big for mari0, because you had to have somenthing to attack others, such as koopa shells, goombas, bob-ombs (not bomb-omb, saw it somewhere). The arenas could be original mario levels but with more walls, no holes, such as other stuff, and coins would be everywhere.

TeslaTrav

Post » 12 Feb 2012, 20:26

I have a suggestion for suggestions... Start learning Lua now and surprise us with your ideas when the game comes out! Playable suggestions... best idea ever!

HeroKing

Post » 13 Feb 2012, 08:10

i have a question about the game, rather than a suggestion. back when i had an snes, i had Mario All Stars, and it had a save feature for each of the games. are there any plans to implement that, or is it up for grabs by anyone who wishes to contribute?

trosh

Post » 13 Feb 2012, 08:32

all stars =/= smb. I'm pretty sure very few nes cartridges had save. However, mari0 saves your improvements on maps and your choice of hat and colours (+ settings)

HeroKing

Post » 13 Feb 2012, 09:33

yeah, i realize that. i only remember that as an idea for Mari0 once it's released. be rather nice to have a save feature once every world is beat. i remembered when i played the first smb, i was on it for like 8 hours straight (i was like 6 or 7, mind you) and i managed to beat all 16 worlds. nowadays, a save feature would be a nice implementation for a game that long